Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rainier Arms Select™ 5.56MM Fluted Barrel - 16 SS

The Rainier Arms Select Barrels are here, now with fluting. Awhile back Rainier Arms had some test barrels with fluting and because of the great response they had, are now offering these fluted Stainless barrels. They feature the same specs as the standard Select barrels, but these obviously have the additional fluting, which not only increases the surface area, but look great as well. Checkout the Rainier Arms website for more information and ordering!

Description:

There are a number of advantages to polygonal rifled barrels; such as less bullet deformation, resulting in reduced drag as well as prolonged barrel life, not to mention ease of cleaning. These barrels were made to our exact specifications & drawings and made of 416R Stainless steel. We control the manufacturing process to provide the most accurate barrel in its price range. We are so confident in our Select grade barrels that we will offer a 100% money back guarantee within 90 days of purchase, no questions asked. If you aren't completely satisfied with the barrel for any reason, return it for a full refund. Guaranteed to shoot sub-MOA at 100 yards with match ammo. You deserve this confidence inspiring barrel for your next custom build.

Features:

416 R ordnance grade stainless steel produced in Germany by the same mill as H&K
    F bar rated = meaning it is acceptable for use by all Nato country’s
    Extensions made from 4140 AE = meaning aircraft grade steel
    Manufacturing proprietary processes creates a stress free product that has a hardened surface on the bore. To improve the wear and longevity
    M4 feed ramps on extensions to current production standards to ensure conformance between manufactures

Specs:

Barrel Length: 16"
    Gas Block Seat: .750
    Rifling: Polygonal 5 Groove
    Weight: 32.0 oz
    Stainless Steel: 416R
    Feed Ramps: M4
    Gas System: Midlength
    Chamber: 5.56MM
    Finish: Matte Stainless
    Twist: 1X8
    Thread Pitch: 1/2X28
    Testing: MPI tested

Made in the USA!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now available in Black Oxide:

With the new Comp:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any word if they plan on blacking the flutes?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome..

Downloads
    Uploads

Rainier Arms Select™ 5.56MM Fluted Barrel - 16 SS

Man RA is busting out products so fast my bank account is in behlemic mode. These barrels are hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

THE BIG COLORADO / and where the army takes me
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that is a new level of I want, I need!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Man RA is busting out products so fast my bank account is in behlemic mode. These barrels are hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    X10000..

Downloads
    Uploads
    So looked at the NorthTech barrels and they are going to be chambered for .223. So I think this RA barrel is going to make it on my list. Thinking maybe cerakote it red and fill the flutes with black.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    So looked at the NorthTech barrels and they are going to be chambered for .223. So I think this RA barrel is going to make it on my list. Thinking maybe cerakote it red and fill the flutes with black.
    The Northtech barrels are chambered in .223 WYLDE, not .223 Remington. The Wylde chamber will easily handle 5.56 NATO if that was your concern.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    The Northtech barrels are chambered in .223 WYLDE, not .223 Remington. The Wylde chamber will easily handle 5.56 NATO if that was your concern.

Aah I didn't see it was Wylde. The wife just showed me what Rob from NTD texted her and it just said .223. Hmm solid red barrel or red barrel with black flutes....decisions decisions.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to dig this one up but I need a favor. If anyone has one of these barrels loose can you measure from the very end of the chamber end to the gas block seat? I am wanting to get this barrel and run a piston kit on it, the dimension I am looking for is important so I will know if this will work for me or not. I have heard that various manufactures of parts have slightly different dimensions on things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DKshooter View Post
    Sorry to dig this one up but I need a favor. If anyone has one of these barrels loose can you measure from the very end of the chamber end to the gas block seat? I am wanting to get this barrel and run a piston kit on it, the dimension I am looking for is important so I will know if this will work for me or not. I have heard that various manufactures of parts have slightly different dimensions on things.
    Have you seen anyone with a 16" Select barrel running a piston kit? Should be the same dimensions as this is just a Black Hole Weaponry Barrel.

Otherwise, I can try to get you measurements tonight-ish

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not, what should I search for to find this? Believe me tracking down a barrel that fit so many options that I was looking for was hard enough. It would be my luck to have it not work. I am looking for a 9.866" dimension from the end of the barrel chamber extension to the gas block seat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very sleek barrel :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DKshooter View Post
    I have not, what should I search for to find this? Believe me tracking down a barrel that fit so many options that I was looking for was hard enough. It would be my luck to have it not work. I am looking for a 9.866" dimension from the end of the barrel chamber extension to the gas block seat.
    I just did a rough measure and mine is about 9.25" from the front of the upper ...given a couple of caveats. My measurements were really rough and my barrel isn't fluted.

Not to change the subject but why do you want a piston system?