Downloads
    Uploads

Gas Leak and BCG break in

So I finally got out to the range today. And every thing shot fine, but when I got home, I noticed some carbon fowling at the front of the gas block. I took off the hand guard, and the gas block didn't move (Rockest both screws). I am assuming that this is normal and it will seal its self after more rounds have been shot through the rifle.

Secondly, I picked up a new chrome BCG and gave it a whirl (Its nice to have one BCG per rifle). This thing was tight, so tight, that it would fully seat, and I had to almost jack hammer it open. I took that one out, put in my original Stag BCG and it shot fine. I then tried the the chrome BCG in my original Stag, and same thing. I've since taken it home, took it apart, and lubed it up even more, especially where the bolt and carrier meet. It seems to cycle smoother at home now, but what else should I check prior to my next session?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't worry to much about the carbon, it's just more noticeable on a stainless barrel. I had a NiB BCG that was tight like that also, I contributed the tightness being due to the growth of the NiB coating inside of the carrier. I ended up trading it away. New owner said it loosened up after some use.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    My Rock River stainless barrel/gas block did that too. I've always heard it's the norm but you see it a lot more on stainless barrels too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    They all leak. There is no seal there. Just an interference fit. Like pointed out you just notice it more on the stainless finish.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the input.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The leaking should minimize as the carbon builds up. We hone our gas blocks to reduce leaking as much as possible.
    Premium AR-15 parts for the customer who demands reliability and quality.
    www.FathomArms.com
    Facebook
    Instagram
    sales@fathomarms.com (817) 374-2596
    Fathom Arms URG Review
    Fathom Arms Mil-Spec BCG Review