Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

18" SPR build using Giveaway PXT Rail in progress

Finally got the time to start working on the 18" build I had planned for the 17" Parallax Tactical FFSSR I won during the 100k/Veteran's Day giveaway.

Basically, I'm just missing a couple pieces (didn't have duplicate spares in my parts kit and didn't want to use my only spares) like the buffer retaining pin/spring and rear takedown pin spring, along with a castle nut. My barrel/gas block is enroute from Rainier Arms (18" Match Stainless SPR). It's getting a Geiselle SSA-E and Magpul ACS stock from my 16" RECCE build (FDE rifle pictured) and that rifle is getting a CMC 3.5lb single stage and a lighter stock (I have a spare Daniel Defense OE stock but I might opt for a Magpul STR)

I'm using a Operation Iraqi Freedom commemorative lower and an Innovative Arms WAR Upper (thanks UWone!)

No muzzle device planned; it'll be wearing a thread on suppressor and I'm about to start the paperwork on a Griffin Recce 5 for my 16" rifle.

Size comparison with my 16" rifle

Barrel (thanks for hosting, Rainier):

I'm also going to do some sort of camo paint job, but not sure on the pattern yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awww yeah

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks great so far, can't wait to see it finished.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice components. That's going to be a shooter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Forgot to add this one...sans barrel. Should have completed pics tonight (with suppressor)....just waiting on a paint job but I can't decide how I want to do it yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Man that looks awesome
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    My 16" Recce got a B5 SOPMOD stock instead of the STR. Felt a little lighter and I liked the cheek weld. Gonna take some getting used to the MilSpec style adjustment lever after using Magpuls for so long

I'm really hoping that 18" barrel is long enough to at least get the threads forward of that 17.5" rail otherwise I might have to return it for a 20".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dang man. Both of those rifles are looking pretty good if you ask me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks awesome. What scope is that?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Looks awesome. What scope is that?
    It's a Primary Arms 4-16x44. With everything else on this build and a very near suppressor purchase, I couldn't go all out with the scope just yet. Figure I can get used to the rifle and then throw it on a .22 bolt gun and make a trainer out of it when I upgrade. I've got the Vortex PST 2.5-10x32 as my #1 pick as of now

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome. I've got the PST 2.5-10x44 on the way. Was a tough choice between that and what you've got coming.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I want the 32mm objective because it's slightly lighter and I like the streamlined look of it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finished the assembly this evening. Looks and feels great....this slim rail is something else. I'm a fan

17.5" rail and 18" barrel + suppressor = nice, clean look

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice!
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    That turned very nice, looking forward to hearing how she shoots.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa