Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    I know ya not slamming, I really just threw the receiver thing out to stir ya up. Although I wouldn't really call the tubes and parts flashlight parts, yes this is how it started but the parts I worked with are pretty nice. And no mine wouldn't actually thread into a flashlight. I like titanium for high pressure and heat, I've worked a good bit with it in aviation, we use it to deflect jet blast.
    There's a reason almost every Ti suppressor on the market is not rated for full-auto. They can't handle the heat.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are much better choices than Titanium such as inconel and high tungsten content stellite.

And it's a pretty wide variation between the different alloys of titanium. Do they divulge the alloy used?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well for myself I don't shoot full auto, I don't plan any magdumps, I mostly hunt with my stuff so maybe some fast shots at a sounder but not many. The problem with some of your fancier materials cost, availability, and weight, what they use in light cans like the Omega I have no idea cause it's pretty light, what grade is SD Ti I don't know. I do know I 've got about 100 rounds of 277 through mine with no problem, took apart and cleaned to measure the bore holes of my freeze plugs and check the interior of the Ti. Both have no change or damage at this point.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    The tax stamp is a totally different thing. Just get $95 bucks or whatever the price is and get the trust set up. Once you get the paperwork you will need to get all the concerned parties together in front of a notary. That was my biggest issue was rounding everyone up to get in front of the notary at the same time. You will need to fund the trust. I put $5 in mine, but you can do whatever you need to in order to get it done.

I have never filed a form 1 so that is out of my area, but after doing my trust I can tell you that in the end it's very easy (to do the trust).
    Why are you funding the Trust? Did you open a bank account for the purpose? Mine owns SBR's and will own some Cans soon too now that they're legal in VT.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Why are you funding the Trust? Did you open a bank account for the purpose? Mine owns SBR's and will own some Cans soon too now that they're legal in VT.
    Because they told me to. :)

No, I didn't do a bank account. I just had to have other people witness me (and sign as such) that I was putting something into the trust. Again I only did it that way because the guys at Coyote said so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe that in some states a trust is not legally valid until it is funded (i.e. has something in the Schedule A). For instance, mine was initially funded with $10.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Funding your trust - adding something of worth as an asset owned by the trust - is one of the requirements for your trust to be valid. Adding firearms as assets to the trust will suffice to fund the trust, but we recommend using a single form of US Currency (such as a $1 or $5 bill) for the initial asset and using that particular Assignment Sheet when filing for your tax stamp applications. By listing your firearms as initial assets, and then sending that complete list in with your application, you are creating a de-facto registration of your firearms to a central government, and many wish to keep that information private.

The best practice would be to keep your updated Assignment sheet along with your original signatures of your trust in a safe location, and keep multiple copies of the documents that can be taken when traveling with your firearms, and a digital copy of the original with the single initial asset of your trust for any and all tax stamp applications that can simply be re-printed and submitted.

For those of you who have utilized our services, we thank you very much, and we truly appreciate all the recommendations. We have made some recent changes, the most exciting of which is bringing Clay Bonilla on board as our attorney and offering a Premium NFA Trust with access to legal advice, strategy, defense, and the ability to customize the document to suit your individual needs for the introductory price of only $169. Existing customers may also upgrade their trust to the premium version, which contains several changes to different sections of the document, as well as all the other benefits mentioned.

We still have our $95 Do-It-Yourself NFA Trust, and as always, we remain committed to our customer service and helping get as many people involved in NFA ownership as possible. Should any of you have any questions, feel free to call or email us any time.

Our Form 1 was just approved to build a suppressor using the components shown above (we are very good friends with Ben at AR15News and this is a project we are collaborating on), and we are going to be making a full writeup of the process very soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes..I use the same dollar bill every time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Yes..I use the same dollar bill every time.
    ?? You only need to do it once per trust. Once you have real property with a serial number entered into the trust it's legal. The whole legality issue of the trust is only in question when you file for the first item. By the letter of the law, it would not be a valid trust until the first item is entered. So therefore filing for a tax stamp without an item in the trust would mean you have a trust that is not legal until that first item is approved.

Downloads
    Uploads

DIY-Building a Titanium Suppressor at Home

Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    ?? You only need to do it once per trust. Once you have real property with a serial number entered into the trust it's legal. The whole legality issue of the trust is only in question when you file for the first item. By the letter of the law, it would not be a valid trust until the first item is entered. So therefore filing for a tax stamp without an item in the trust would mean you have a trust that is not legal until that first item is approved.
    I guess what I meant was that I've never updated the stupid addendum or changed it with each successive stamp purchase. I get what you are saying, but that whole issue is just stupid anyway.