Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

DIY-Building a Titanium Suppressor at Home

I don't how many of you keep up with Ben at www.AR15News.com, but I recommend that you do. Here is a link to one of his new articles on building a suppressor at home:

http://www.ar15news.com/2015/05/20/d...me-components/
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a very enjoyable project for anyone familiar with common shop tools.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I don't how many of you keep up with Ben at www.AR15News.com, but I recommend that you do. Here is a link to one of his new articles on building a suppressor at home:

http://www.ar15news.com/2015/05/20/d...me-components/
    Eric at Coyote Rifle Works showed me the one he was working on. I got to meet him when I picked up my upper. Looks like a cool project. He is a nice guy and sharp too. If you build one, Coyote is a great place to get your "Trust."
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Love to have the tools to make my own
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A buddy of mine just made one. This will be my first NFA item.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfilmmaker View Post
    Eric at Coyote Rifle Works showed me the one he was working on. I got to meet him when I picked up my upper. Looks like a cool project. He is a nice guy and sharp too. If you build one, Coyote is a great place to get your "Trust."
    Eric was extremely helpful with my trust. His customer service is incredible. I called his shop and didn't get an answer, he called me back a couple of minutes later. I highly recommend Coyote Rifleworks.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Eric was extremely helpful with my trust. His customer service is incredible. I called his shop and didn't get an answer, he called me back a couple of minutes later. I highly recommend Coyote Rifleworks.
    Great service is a fact.

Paid for my trust around 10 at night and had it a few hours later.

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While you guys are here. How much money should I have ready before I call Coyote? I want to get whatever it takes for me to submit for the stamp, so I know I need $200, and the Coyote website says $95, so that's $300 total, plus whatever I need for whatever suppressor. I will call them to get all of my specifics ironed out, but I'd like to have the money ready ahead of time and not be surprised. Does the can go to an FFL or?
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same experience here. And when I was signing all the docs we had questions and so forth so I called him and got a return call a very short time later to help walk me through it.

+1 on Coyote.

It was so easy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are building the suppressor like shown you will be doing a Form 1 since you will be the manufacturer. $295 is what you'll need for the trust from Coyote Rifleworks and stamp.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoward View Post
    While you guys are here. How much money should I have ready before I call Coyote? I want to get whatever it takes for me to submit for the stamp, so I know I need $200, and the Coyote website says $95, so that's $300 total, plus whatever I need for whatever suppressor. I will call them to get all of my specifics ironed out, but I'd like to have the money ready ahead of time and not be surprised. Does the can go to an FFL or?
    The tax stamp is a totally different thing. Just get $95 bucks or whatever the price is and get the trust set up. Once you get the paperwork you will need to get all the concerned parties together in front of a notary. That was my biggest issue was rounding everyone up to get in front of the notary at the same time. You will need to fund the trust. I put $5 in mine, but you can do whatever you need to in order to get it done.

I have never filed a form 1 so that is out of my area, but after doing my trust I can tell you that in the end it's very easy (to do the trust).

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Form 1 is also very easy.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Form 1 is also very easy.
    Are you tempting me again to SBR my lower?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, everyone needs one.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JHoward View Post
    Depends on how you want to build the suppressor, choice of parts can make the cost go up or down a little. I'd set about 500 aside for the whole deal, maybe alittle more. No FFL involved since you are the builder but you can not start drilling holes till approved.