Yes, everyone needs TEN.
    Fixed it for you...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, I'll blame it on Auto-Correct.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a chance to look at these in a little more detail last night. No thanks. I just do not see a can based on the thread engagement of a flashlight to be dependable or safe. I can only imagine the carnage of a baffle strike on a thin walled tube full of freeze plugs would create also.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I got a chance to look at these in a little more detail last night. No thanks. I just do not see a can based on the thread engagement of a flashlight to be dependable or safe. I can only imagine the carnage of a baffle strike on a thin walled tube full of freeze plugs would create also.
    Holds up fine to me. Ti is pretty dam tough.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Yes, everyone needs one.
    I have one 😁
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Are you tempting me again to SBR my lower?
    :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does it specify what grade Ti they're using for all the different parts? Some of the lower grades are weaker than 7075 aluminum.

The first baffle is going to take a beating, too. I wonder what kind of stainless steel the freeze plugs are made of.

I could see doing one of these for a .22 can, but I'd want a fully welded baffle stack and a beefed up blast baffle for 5.56 and 7.62.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Does it specify what grade Ti they're using for all the different parts? Some of the lower grades are weaker than 7075 aluminum.

The first baffle is going to take a beating, too. I wonder what kind of stainless steel the freeze plugs are made of.

I could see doing one of these for a .22 can, but I'd want a fully welded baffle stack and a beefed up blast baffle for 5.56 and 7.62.
    100% agree. For a centerfire can, I wanted a fully welded core.

Nice novelty, and for a .22 or pistol caliber, it would be fun to do.

Downloads
    Uploads

Freeze plugs are made from poor quality stainless. That's intended because they need to be malleable. Most are ferritic stainless.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yikes, then. Heck, now that I think about it, I wouldn't even make one of these for .22. It's the same price to purchase a good .22 can from any number of manufacturers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yall worry too much. Tell ya what get some of the Ti stuff and try to drill or cut, and with cutting fluids. How many f1 cans you hear about blowing up?

Downloads
    Uploads
    When it comes to firearms I will stick to being cautious first, always. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    When it comes to firearms I will stick to being cautious first, always. :)
    Oh I fully agree, but remember we've been trusting a relatively thin Alum. receiver and buffer tube to contain a steel bar flying back in front of our face for years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Oh I fully agree, but remember we've been trusting a relatively thin Alum. receiver and buffer tube to contain a steel bar flying back in front of our face for years.
    I want to make it clear that I'm not slamming you or anyone that wants to build their own suppressor. It's fun to make things. This is one of the reasons that I started Arisaka. If you want to make your can, by-all-means, go for it.

With that said I would like to stress the importance of being safe, testing things in a controlled environment, and not just blindly following someone else's instructions on the internet.

The receiver extension and buffer, and the way they function during each complete cycle of the rifle, really cannot be compared to the pressure, heat, and violence of what is happening at the muzzle end. The receiver extension and related parts of an AR15 were designed with a specific set of goals in mind, which they meet in terms of function and materials. The receiver extension isn't pressurized each shot by expanding gasses, which is why it is made out of 7075 aluminum. There is no risk that it will rupture. Even when someone loads a .300 blackout round in a 5.56mm barrel and ka-booms their rifle, the receiver extension manages to contain the buffer.

A suppressor is dealing with pressures measured in thousands of pounds per square inch, extreme heat, and abrasion that eats away hardened stainless steel and other exotic alloys. Most centerfire rifle suppressors are effectively double-walled because they have a welded baffle stack which is then inserted inside another steel tube. The most durable suppressors rated to handle full-automatic fire generally do not use titanium, either.

If I was building my own suppressor I would not choose flashlight tubes and automotive freeze plugs, and I'd probably avoid Ti as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I want to make it clear that I'm not slamming you or anyone that wants to build their own suppressor. It's fun to make things. This is one of the reasons that I started Arisaka. If you want to make your can, by-all-means, go for it.

With that said I would like to stress the importance of being safe, testing things in a controlled environment, and not just blindly following someone else's instructions on the internet.

The receiver extension and buffer, and the way they function during each complete cycle of the rifle, really cannot be compared to the pressure, heat, and violence of what is happening at the muzzle end. The receiver extension and related parts of an AR15 were designed with a specific set of goals in mind, which they meet in terms of function and materials. The receiver extension isn't pressurized each shot by expanding gasses, which is why it is made out of 7075 aluminum. There is no risk that it will rupture. Even when someone loads a .300 blackout round in a 5.56mm barrel and ka-booms their rifle, the receiver extension manages to contain the buffer.

A suppressor is dealing with pressures measured in thousands of pounds per square inch, extreme heat, and abrasion that eats away hardened stainless steel and other exotic alloys. Most centerfire rifle suppressors are effectively double-walled because they have a welded baffle stack which is then inserted inside another steel tube. The most durable suppressors rated to handle full-automatic fire generally do not use titanium, either.

If I was building my own suppressor I would not choose flashlight tubes and automotive freeze plugs, and I'd probably avoid Ti as well.
    I know ya not slamming, I really just threw the receiver thing out to stir ya up. Although I wouldn't really call the tubes and parts flashlight parts, yes this is how it started but the parts I worked with are pretty nice. And no mine wouldn't actually thread into a flashlight. I like titanium for high pressure and heat, I've worked a good bit with it in aviation, we use it to deflect jet blast.