Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Forward Controls Design EMR-A

EMR-A = Enhanced Magazine Release - Ambidextrous?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    GOST, indeed it is :)
    I was trying to find a cool name for it, then decided to keep it simple, like other product names that are simply product description, in keeping with the simple and direct approach to everything we do, without flashy presentation and graphics.

The EMR-A is a joint venture with a like-minded company that for now will remain anonymous. We redesigned couple of things, most of the effort went into the lever/mag release itself. Without getting into greater detail, which will be disclosed on our website, in the Design in Focus section, the focus was on making the lever/release easy to use, and mitigate the difficulty of accessing the bolt catch's bottom paddle.

Though bolt catches like our ABC/R and other aftermarket bolt catches feature a taller profile bottom paddle, most users still use the factory bolt catch. So the EMR-A is designed to make accessing the factory bolt catch's bottom paddle easier., so that by installing a retrofit ambi mag catch, one doesn't lose the ability to use his bolt catch's bottom paddle.

More info to come :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have your parts on my new pistol build and they are excellent. If these look as good as your other products I'll be picking one up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. Wish the SCAR components went as smoothly lol.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well if you want to donate a SCAR I will gladly buy some of your parts. :)

I would assume there are 10 AR owners for every 1 SCAR owner, which may be part of the problem.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We're doing something that hasn't been done before on the SCAR, so there are some new found shortcomings we discovered in the prototype that are being redesigned.

SCARs are not nearly as easy to work on as the AR, FN really should have learned something from the AR in that regard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay on the mag release and boo on the SCAR components causing issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Roger,
    Is the EMR-A going to be another magazine release button or are you doing something along the lines of the excellent Norgon ambi release?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aaron, A in the EMR-A stands for ambidextrous

Downloads
    Uploads
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm all of a sudden really glad that I didn't snag those ambi-catches from other firms for a few of my builds. Just like everything else Roger & crew make, I'm sure this will knock things out of the bloody well park. I'm still a wee bit gobsmacked at how intuitive the EMR button is, and how well it just WORKS on my rifles. If it weren't for the fact I've got two A-DAC equipped lowers SBR'ed...all my rifles would have EMR's. I've actually pondered ordering a few EMR's, and taking a file to them, to see if I can adapt them to the A-DAC pin...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_s View Post
    ...If it weren't for the fact I've got two A-DAC equipped lowers SBR'ed...all my rifles would have EMR's. I've actually pondered ordering a few EMR's, and taking a file to them, to see if I can adapt them to the A-DAC pin...
    I feel ya. I'd have snagged an EMR and a mag release if they were comparable with my Umbrella lower. Read: A-DAC
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    I feel ya. I'd have snagged an EMR and a mag release if they were comparable with my Umbrella lower. Read: A-DAC
    Now, the bolt catch is tricky, as it's contoured odd on the inside for A-DAC compatibility. I don't think that you could readily adapt a different one to work. The magazine release button though is a totally different story. If you pull your A-DAC mag release button, you'll see a chamfer on the top and bottom. I THINK you could pretty easily file that chamfer into an EMR.

I'm not saying I've done it, nor am I encouraging anyone to do it...but...aliens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guys, while I won't make an A-DAC compatible button, it doesn't preclude Forward Controls partners from making them

We've been thinking about that direction ever since the EMRs came out, and it's our intention to see it through.

Meanwhile, if y'all wanna butcher up an EMR or EMR-C to play with the A-DAC feature, please send me an email and I'll send you some blemished units to play with, no strings attached
    Last edited by Duffy; 30 June 2015 at 08:16.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need some blems to butcher. I'm saving the one I bought for my wife's build since it won't adac. :)