Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

277Wlv Vs 300Blk Subsonic

Made a video Comparison of the two today. I'll let you be the judge... Both rounds were confirmed subsonic prior to testing. Enjoy!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very ingesting the 300blk sound it louder
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting. The wolverine does sound quieter in that video.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    Very ingesting the 300blk sound it louder
    I see the hospital stay didn't fix your spelling at all

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep! The WLV is by far the winner in my eyes or ears I should say. I shot the 300 with my loads beign odd and factory 220gr Remington as Even as noted.... I know it could really upset some 300blk fan boys but the WLV is hand down quieter with a 40-70gr lighter bullet.... Its crazy how quiet the WLV really is its not much different than shooting a suppressed 22lr....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Yep! The WLV is by far the winner in my eyes or ears I should say. I shot the 300 with my loads beign odd and factory 220gr Remington as Even as noted.... I know it could really upset some 300blk fan boys but the WLV is hand down quieter with a 40-70gr lighter bullet.... Its crazy how quiet the WLV really is its not much different than shooting a suppressed 22lr....
    Next step is to slap a Db meter on that thing and do some tests just to make it all official. Then let the cards fall where they may. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Next step is to slap a Db meter on that thing and do some tests just to make it all official. Then let the cards fall where they may. :)
    Get me one and I'll be glad too lol. Would love to get some "scientific data" to confirm what Is seen and heard in the video.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting... I'll have to set up a camera in a similar spot and shoot some rounds- that seemed quite a bit louder than I am used to as far as the 300blk. It almost sounded like there was the 'crack' following the shot, but you confirmed they were subs. Either way, I'm not adding yet another caliber and all the associated paraphernalia just to get a little quieter still.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    Interesting... I'll have to set up a camera in a similar spot and shoot some rounds- that seemed quite a bit louder than I am used to as far as the 300blk. It almost sounded like there was the 'crack' following the shot, but you confirmed they were subs. Either way, I'm not adding yet another caliber and all the associated paraphernalia just to get a little quieter still.
    It wasn't so much a crack as much as just a louder repore(sp) if that makes sense... on my end there was no Crack... thats why I also included and rotated some factory 220gr remington ammo.. send me your load if you dont care on your 190's and ill see if there is any marked difference.. I think I have some RE7.... I fully expected it to make people stratch their heads..

And you really need a 277 WLV and I know he is gonna be unloading some barrels this weekend for a memorial day sale!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hell yes I really need the 277... and 6.8... and 6.5...375... 300wm... and soooooooo many others! LMAO! But finances draw the line. Just a barrel, great - but then there's the dies, crimp, loads of new projectiles, sheridan gauge, WFT trimmer, and on down the line including all the time I have invested in making 2000+ 300blk cases. If I was just starting out looking for an alternate caliber, I'd JUMP on the 277 - but I'm heavily invested in 300BLK for now (and just did the 458Socom too). When some funds come available that don't get snapped up right away, I think the 277 would be a good use for them

And the report downrange does make sense, I just don't recall noticing that before. Thats why I was saying I need to set upo a camera and do some shooting. It's amazing what you pick up on video after the fact, that you don't notice at the time! If nothing else, it gives me a reason to hit the range (like I need one...
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    Hell yes I really need the 277... and 6.8... and 6.5...375... 300wm... and soooooooo many others! LMAO! But finances draw the line. Just a barrel, great - but then there's the dies, crimp, loads of new projectiles, sheridan gauge, WFT trimmer, and on down the line including all the time I have invested in making 2000+ 300blk cases. If I was just starting out looking for an alternate caliber, I'd JUMP on the 277 - but I'm heavily invested in 300BLK for now (and just did the 458Socom too). When some funds come available that don't get snapped up right away, I think the 277 would be a good use for them

And the report downrange does make sense, I just don't recall noticing that before. Thats why I was saying I need to set upo a camera and do some shooting. It's amazing what you pick up on video after the fact, that you don't notice at the time! If nothing else, it gives me a reason to hit the range (like I need one...
    Well get a barrel now and build/swap whenever lol. You already have the powder for it and that's the hardest part. Bullets and the rest are easy.... I got rid of my 6.8 in favor of the WLV. It does everything I need as far as hunting and all parts are interchangeable, ie bolt and mags. Just made sense... I highly suggest you keep an eye on MDWS even if you don't plan on one soon. The price may be too good to pass up lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Love the WLV and it does sound amazing subsonic

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very good vid Medic. Intro was good, really enjoyed the comparison. Wish we could get access to a meter and get together for more testing, would really like to see my Form 1 compared to the AAC.

Mississippi.- Last in everything but freedom.
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow. The Wolverine looked much more pleasant to shoot overall as well.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    Veteran Combat Medic

Experience is what you get... When you don't get what you want.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Very good vid Medic. Intro was good, really enjoyed the comparison. Wish we could get access to a meter and get together for more testing, would really like to see my Form 1 compared to the AAC.
    Thanks Buddy! I drove to you last time...your turn this time...or we get up with mburgin... i dont go to 68 but i bet he'd be game!