Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Yes and most of the 85gr to 120gr 277 are designed for the 6.8. All of the .30 bullets were designed to be used in your high power cartridges like 30-30 308 and so on. Bringing in the 6.5 is really apples to oranges, it's way out of either of these two realms in terms of what you are trying to accomplish. Now if you want to bring the 6.5 to the party I would probly break out the 7VAR and ( Grendel Fans get you're earmuffs ) walk the dog on the 6.5. I actually have a design on file I worked up that would be able to expand the 110gr to 160gr .30 bullets and possibly even exceed the 30 RAR in performance. Will I ever cat it? Maybe, but the 7VAR will do everything it will basically for my needs.
    How is comparing a 6.5 Grendel to a 6.8 SPC apples to oranges? I've shot several 6.5 Grendels both super AND subsonic (it cycled just fine), so your assertion that it's not in the same realm as the 6.8, .277, and .300 is false and simply wanting to avoid what you know will not end well when argued out. And for all the effort exerted into the 7mm Valkyrie, you might as well go to a large frame 6mm or 6.5mm Creedmoor that would mop the floor with it. The thing that doesn't change about all of these wildcat cartridges is the exhausting lengths guys go to in order to create something out of a cartridge that already does a phenomenal job. They want to handicap it by cutting it down to so they can throw it into a standard AR15 magazine, and then try to convince the world it does the same job as the original cartridge it's based off of, or worse yet they claim it does everything great. And the .30 RAR? Really? Lol... I guess your measure of performance and my measure of performance are on different plains.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know why I bothered to even comment. This is what happens every time there's wildcat comparisons, and it will end up the same argument with the same kind of guys showing up wanting to tell guys like me how theirs is the best, and I just don't know because I haven't bought into it. Half of them don't even know what ES or SD is, and they all want to talk to me about accuracy at long range, yet their experience is rarely based off of a distance farther than 200-300 yards from a bench. And no GaSwamper I'm not talking about you in particular, but once guys start showing up and trying to insert their own wildcats it's simply a matter of time.

I'll go back to lurking. Dstrbdmedic sorry about the intrusion man.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    How is comparing a 6.5 Grendel to a 6.8 SPC apples to oranges? I've shot several 6.5 Grendels both super AND subsonic (it cycled just fine), so your assertion that it's not in the same realm as the 6.8, .277, and .300 is false and simply wanting to avoid what you know will not end well when argued out. And for all the effort exerted into the 7mm Valkyrie, you might as well go to a large frame 6mm or 6.5mm Creedmoor that would mop the floor with it. The thing that doesn't change about all of these wildcat cartridges is the exhausting lengths guys go to in order to create something out of a cartridge that already does a phenomenal job. They want to handicap it by cutting it down to so they can throw it into a standard AR15 magazine, and then try to convince the world it does the same job as the original cartridge it's based off of, or worse yet they claim it does everything great. And the .30 RAR? Really? Lol... I guess your measure of performance and my measure of performance are on different plains.
    I guess it is, I thought you were only comparing to the WLV and BLK and yes the 300 BLK and 6.5 Grendel is no where near the same. 6.8 and 6.5 is splitting hairs really but I do give the long range to the Grendel. You miss my point in the beginning of this, which was pretty much to each his own, I can show you the downside to every caliber out there in some way and fan boys can argue each downfall till they're out of breath. I can kill with the 556, I can hit it harder with the WLV, even harder with the 6.8 and recoil and complexity start to rise, you see where this is going. No one is trying to convince you of anything, I like guns, I also like unique cats because well there different and they help me learn more and more when reloading. And yes we could have up weight and size to simply shoot the Creedmoor or we could cat it to the 7mm in the AR and create something unique and new. My favorite cartridge of all time is the 30.06 and in my eyes the perfect .30 but I guess you could say it's a handicapped version of the .300 mag. There are many calibers I like and some I just don't, the reasons vary but it all boils down to opinion and I'm a hunter so many of my reasons will pertain to hunting performance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    I don't know why I bothered to even comment. This is what happens every time there's wildcat comparisons, and it will end up the same argument with the same kind of guys showing up wanting to tell guys like me how theirs is the best, and I just don't know because I haven't bought into it. Half of them don't even know what ES or SD is, and they all want to talk to me about accuracy at long range, yet their experience is rarely based off of a distance farther than 200-300 yards from a bench. And no GaSwamper I'm not talking about you in particular, but once guys start showing up and trying to insert their own wildcats it's simply a matter of time.

I'll go back to lurking. Dstrbdmedic sorry about the intrusion man.
    If you would like to have a friendly conversation where I might be able to provide you actual math over opinion, let me know.

The 277 Wolverine outperforms the 300BLK in supersonic. Now, that statement requires some data to back it it. I can provide that for you but I'm not so good at doing it on forums.

For what it's worth I don't believe in cartridge wars. To me it's just math and let the math speak for itself.
    Last edited by MDWS; 23 May 2015 at 19:52.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MDWS View Post
    If you would like to have a friendly conversation where I might be able to provide you actual math over opinion, let me know.

The 277 Wolverine outperforms the 300BLK in supersonic. Now, that statement requires some data to back it it. I can provide that for you but I'm not so good at doing it on forums.

For what it's worth I don't believe in cartridge wars. To me it's just math and let the math speak for itself.
    Good post.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is a target that I shot the top right corner was my point of aim
    Load wc680 10grn under some .17 a piece 150 rn

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did a little video using my Osprey45 as the host. 150gr Subs sound pretty good... should have used a different lens though...