Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig 556

Downloads
    Uploads
    So has anyone had a chance to run this rifle hard? I'm really wanting to hear how it performs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I held one and really looked at it for the first time tonight. I liked it. The stock in and of itself wasn't bad, but the asthetics of it suck. Forced to choose between it and a Masada knowing what I know from the few sources that are out there I'd still have to go with the Masada, but the 556 isn't bad.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerStripe View Post
    I held one and really looked at it for the first time tonight. I liked it. The stock in and of itself wasn't bad, but the asthetics of it suck. Forced to choose between it and a Masada knowing what I know from the few sources that are out there I'd still have to go with the Masada, but the 556 isn't bad.

TS

I've been making it a habit to handle the two at my gun shop everytime I'm in there. The more I handle them, the more I'm tempted by one. The deal the manager keeps offering me provides me with only more incentive. The only thing that keeps me from plunking down the cash is the prospect of the Masada...and the prospect of having to add irons, replace the stock, and get a B&T quad rail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanS View Post
    I've been making it a habit to handle the two at my gun shop everytime I'm in there. The more I handle them, the more I'm tempted by one. The deal the manager keeps offering me provides me with only more incentive. The only thing that keeps me from plunking down the cash is the prospect of the Masada...and the prospect of having to add irons, replace the stock, and get a B&T quad rail.
    I agree, but I can see myself spending a lot on Masada accessories too. (Although they wouldn't be quite the necessities of some of the 556 parts.)

TS

ranger55 Guest
    I saw one at the last gunshow I attended in Dec. I was not overly inpressed. Too ARish instead of being a SIG. I will wait for the Masada/ACR myself.

Cutaway Guest
    Most Arms manufacturers have lost thier individuality to the M16 rifle design, For instance H&K with the 416/417 and now SIG with this thing.

Next time, They will add the cocking handle at the top.