Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Custom AR15 lower concept...

Since the custom WEVO lower is coming together on its own - which is awesome - lets see what needs to happen in order for us to get a lower that everyone wants, maybe get a sponsor for the forum to make a custom run for us (100 or so, depending on interest - like Aero has done in the past).

Things I'd like in a custom lower:

integrated finger guard into lower - like santan, seekins, etc
    ambi controls - like KAC, AXTS, etc

"Restricted LE/MIL" text - like colt, but we can change it to something more awesome

Custom fire control symbols (maybe 45 degree?) - something that hasn't been done before like Thumbs up(safe), Thumbs down(semi) and (if we want a full auto option) double-thumbs down or something like that...

Maybe a flared magwell

Material used for lower? Billet? Etc?

Opinions! Post them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the idea of a fully customized lower. Your ideas all sound good but we will all have to agree on text, markings, etc. I'd like to follow this

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    I like the idea of a fully customized lower. Your ideas all sound good but we will all have to agree on text, markings, etc. I'd like to follow this
    Nothing is cut in stone, just want to start a group-think project since we have enough players on WEVO to make this happen and have it offered to the general consumer public as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know San Tan has also offered to make a custom run for WEVO on lower receivers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I prefer standard forged lowers, but I really wish they had integrated trigger guards. I also prefer very minimal markings, for both the roll mark and the selector. Sometimes I wish Aero only had the small A on the right side, and not the larger A on the left.

My preferences should come as no surprise considering how I run my rifles and the parts my company makes. :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I know San Tan has also offered to make a custom run for WEVO on lower receivers.
    Sweet, once we figure out what kinda features, markings and setup we would want, ill contact them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I prefer standard forged lowers, but I really wish they had integrated trigger guards. I also prefer very minimal markings, for both the roll mark and the selector. Sometimes I wish Aero only had the small A on the right side, and not the larger A on the left.

My preferences should come as no surprise considering how I run my rifles and the parts my company makes. :)
    I like minimal, in fact, unless something is absolutely required it shouldn't be there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in. Sounds fun...

I've always wanted to do "Restricted NASA" As a play on the SpaceShuttle Doorgunner theme.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - - Albert Einstein

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post

+1 I usually end up Cerakoting stuff to get rid of logos. This comes from a guy who designs logos as a side business.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like a "Restricted" roll mark........ but yea, I'd be down for a forge set as the cost of those will be lower than a billet one.
    BRUUUHHHH....Do you EVEN OPERATE?!?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep. Forged sets do it for me too, albeit they don't have ambi controls.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The WEVO Rainier Arms Gen 3 isn't even out yet and you're already wanting something different.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    The WEVO Rainier Arms Gen 3 isn't even out yet and you're already wanting something different.
    Ha. This is my problem pretty much always.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Restricted NASA" does have a pretty funny ring to it...maybe a door gun/shuttle logo instead of a wevo logo? maybe a shuttle with a wevo logo on the rear tail?

Forged is good, doesn't need to have ambi in that case - also minimal markings if we will go that route?

Downloads
    Uploads
    If we go minimal markings, we could do something like: WEVO logo w/ slashed circle (safe), WEVO logo (semi), Dirty Girl (unicorn) ... perhaps that would appease some folks?

A nice forged lower works for me - save everyone some money that way too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking tiny wevo logo, like the size of the Aero Precision 'A' on this picture: http://aeroprecisionusa.com/media/ca...anodized_1.jpg

And that's it.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com