Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    SBR engraving is additional $30.00 at CMT, which is a great deal. Custom engraving is additional $50.00. I would email or call them and see what they can do.

https://www.cmttac.com/index.php?rou...mation/contact
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think they charge $60 or so for engraving. They have a 50K machine, it's slices, dices, and cuts very clean.
    So the lower plus $200 bucks plus $60 for my own custom engraving....I am just trying to think of all the stuff I would be into it for...if I pre-engrave that sucker then form 1 it....I would have one clean looking SBR lower :)

If I do an SBR odds are it will be CMT.... and odds are I will have a dedicated lower for just that. So basically I have to allot for building an entirely new rifle to do it the way I would like.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "The GEN2 UHP-15 Lower receiver with engraving is the perfect way to start your personalized Rifle build. You may choose from one of the standard engraving options or have us laser engrave your SBR or Trust information on the receiver. SBR or Trust information is engraved to the .003 depth required by the ATF. SBR or Trust information can be engraved on the bottom of the trigger guard or on the right side of the receiver above the trigger pin hole. When selecting the SBR engraving option please specify desired Text & Location desired for the text to be engraved in the Notes area when placing your order."

I might drop them an email and see if they have a sample pic of each location so I could choose wisely before I buy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got mine engraved on the bottom of the trigger well. Clean, and not noticeable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got mine engraved on the bottom of the trigger well. Clean, and not noticeable.
    Are you talking about where you put your trigger finger on the inside or on the bottom of the trigger guard area? I am open for all kinds of suggestions.

If I am going to own this thing for the next 50 years I don't want it looking like crap :) I have some ideas but I am not sure if they can or would do that. Also I am not really familiar with laser engraving. Is that supposed to be better or worse? I assume my current lower... the Gen2 UHP15 has all standard engraving on it....Personally I am a minimalist on things of that nature.

In your above post it said I would have to specify the caliber in the engraving...so 'multi cal' where it is now won't work?

Eh I just need to see some and how they are done. I just want it to look professional.

Downloads
    Uploads

CMT Tactical UHP15PDW

Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    You will have to engrave the caliber you specify on your form 1.
    I thought it was acceptable for that the caliber to be engraved/stamped on the barrel, and most are marked as such already.

-john

2) on the frame, receiver, or barrel the following additional information;
    [...]

B)The caliber or gage;

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bzdog View Post
    I thought it was acceptable for that the caliber to be engraved/stamped on the barrel, and most are marked as such already.

-john

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You may be correct, someone with better knowledge will have to weigh in.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are they doing any type of preorder or just the email when in stock routine? I do not want to miss out on at least one of these.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fuuuuu. Wanttttt

Does cmt do LE discounts?

Lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bzdog View Post

-john
    Correct. You don't have to engrave caliber on the receiver if it's already stamped somewhere else. Technically, you could engrave everything on the barrel and be "legal," but then the receiver would be married to the upper for the AR platform, which is obviously not as convenient.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Edited: gator beat me to it.

I would like to stress that if you put "multi caliber" on your form 1, the ATF will reject it.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    For those interested in the CMT PDW Lower, looks like Rainier Arms will have the first 60 units for sale. They'll be available for preorders sometime today, at a slightly discounted rate of $625 I believe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Serious question here....other than it looks good, what reason do I need this lower?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by titanse05 View Post
    Serious question here....other than it looks good, what reason do I need this lower?
    You don't, unless you want the PDW type stock built into the lower.

I would personally only run it if you were going to SBR it as well.

Price point, stock, SBR factor, definitely not for everyone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't, unless you want the PDW type stock built into the lower.

I would personally only run it if you were going to SBR it as well.

Price point, stock, SBR factor, definitely not for everyone.
    That's what I figured just needed to make sure.

How does one remove the takedown pin on this setup?