Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by titanse05 View Post

How does one remove the takedown pin on this setup?
    Fully extend the stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You don't, unless you want the PDW type stock built into the lower.

I would personally only run it if you were going to SBR it as well.

Price point, stock, SBR factor, definitely not for everyone.
    I had the same question, but I was trying to figure out how (other than looks) this would be different than running a reduced LOP stock (like a Fiberlite CAR stock) on a normal lower and just leave it fully collapsed. It's hard to tell in the pic, but it seems like it's a very similar LOP, just unique and MP5-looking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    dammit. And I'm expecting my 2nd SBR stamp to be back anyday. Damn my lack of patience!! If I'd only waited.

Soooo... think it'd handle 458Socom use?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    Soooo... think it'd handle 458Socom use?
    Only one way to find out.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Only one way to find out.
    Aw man I wish. But I JUST mailed off my $200 check for the Salvo12 can, not to mention the cost of the can itself. And some upcoming vet bills...

I just could not come close to justifying it. Someday down the road, maybe... for now, the 458S will just have to get swapped onto one of the other SBR lowers.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think a version of this lower/stock made for a SCAR would be awesome, especially considering that it wouldn't need to be serial numbered. Rainier Arms/CMT SCAR PDW Lower has a good ring to it.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    That would be quite an undertaking. The lower on a scar engages the stock to lock it on. It also captures the recoil spring when the stock is slid on. Lots of proprietary parts to make it happen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't say it would be easy, but since Handl Defense has already made an aftermarket lower and FN has a PDW SCAR I figured it would be possible. Just thought it may be a decent idea since the SCAR aftermarket isn't saturated yet.

flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Didn't say it would be easy, but since Handl Defense has already made an aftermarket lower and FN has a PDW SCAR I figured it would be possible. Just thought it may be a decent idea since the SCAR aftermarket isn't saturated yet.

I'm guessing the aftermarket parts market for SCAR's aren't saturated because there are very few SCAR owners compared to AR's or even AK's.

I'll still take a 10.5 SCAR with the stock folder.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'm guessing the aftermarket parts market for SCAR's aren't saturated because there are very few SCAR owners...
    That, and that backwards. I didn't buy a SCAR a few years ago because there wasn't an aftermarket for it like there was AR's.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    SCAR is slowly growing, it may be time to get in on the ground floor before there is much competition.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know the gears have really been turning and I'm think hard that I may go with one of these over the umbrella billet. 😱😱

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    You know the gears have really been turning and I'm think hard that I may go with one of these over the umbrella billet. 😱😱
    ��

So what are you going to do with the billet Umbrella? Seems like their readily available anymore...

And yours is so pretty.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    í*½í¸±

So what are you going to do with the billet Umbrella? Seems like their readily available anymore...

And yours is so pretty.
    I'd sell it if I really went this route. It's very tempting...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Look what just went live.

Rainier Arms Exclusive! We just confirmed our shipment from Cross Machine Tool and we'll be getting the first shipment of their new Integrated UHP15 PDW Integrated Lowers! These are smoking hot and we have a special Pre-sale on these! Shipping these out June 23rd.

http://www.rainierarms.com/uhp15pdw-...d-lower-system
    flickr
    facebook