Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why not one of this
    http://www.57center.com
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Just out of curiosity I checked on the price of 5.7 ammo and it's about 38 cents a round...That's pretty close to the same price as shooting an AR...
    Not for a reloader.

FN hasn't released enough info (last I checked) about the 5.7 round in terms of safe pressure ranges etc so I doubt anyone can load it with 100% confidence in what they're doing. It uses very light bullets like a 22 Hornet (25-40gr) but haven't seen what powders work safely besides a couple Ramshot powders I don't think I've seen on the shelves in years.

Lots of chasing down components to reload a tiny rifle casing. Juice ain't worth the squeeze IMO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    Why not one of this
    http://www.57center.com
    That could work too...Then I could run a 5.56, a .300 and a 5.7 on an SBR'ed lower...of course I would need to invest in a .30 cal can...

But what has me investigating this round in particular is that suppressed it's about as loud as a suppressed .300 BO. I'm just thinking out loud at this point....

Former11B does have a point that you can reload 5.56 and .300 but 5.7 might prove to be a challenge. You would have to buy commercial ammo from now on.

An upside to sticking with the standard stuff is that... well... it's standard.

At the end of the day the next build (whatever form it comes in) will be a 100 yards and in gun... and I want it to be quiet. the more quiet the better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If like to see you the SBR PS90... and SBR an AR lower. That's really the only correct answer. I really like the PS90, very fun gun.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    If like to see you the SBR PS90... and SBR an AR lower. That's really the only correct answer. I really like the PS90, very fun gun.

Once I get the suppressor in hand hopefully I can build my bank accounts back up...after that who knows :) But I am planning out and thinking over what it will be...I have a few ideas in mind but over the next few months I am going to have to pick one and go with it.

But if I had the money... you better believe I would have a number of things going on....

I just have to go bit by bit to build things....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know the feeling, I try to do only one project a year. I've still got a little bit to go on my SBR. Hopefully next year it's gonna be either a can or a SCAR 17S.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I know the feeling, I try to do only one project a year. I've still got a little bit to go on my SBR. Hopefully next year it's gonna be either a can or a SCAR 17S.
    I generally have a taste for the finer things in life... and it's not just guns

I really need to get back in the game though... I like so many others are living on a severely cut budget (I am living on like 1/5th of what I made before)...that said I am doing ok so I shouldn't complain. Gotta keep a good perspective

I could blow a million bucks on guns and ammo with no problem whatsoever. The problem is, I don't have a million bucks LOL

If I ever hit it big I will send my jet for you guys to come to the ranch so we can have a WEVO Weekend down in Texas LOL!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Proguns site has these specs for the PS 90

Caliber: 5.7x28mm
    Barrel Length: 16 1/16”
    Total Length: 26 1/4”
    Weight: 6 lbs., 9 oz.
    Magazine Capacity: 10 or 30 rounds
    Magazine Type: Horizontal Box Magazine
    Blowback Operated, Semi-Automatic

So, if you got a 14.5" barrel (or had the barrel cut and threaded to be 'just a tad' over 16") for pinning the muzzle device for the suppressor, you'd be good to go. Are you sure a 5.56 suppressor will also pass a 5.7 bullet though? I'd definitely check with the suppressor manufacturer just to be on the safe side.

http://www.proguns.com/fnh-ps90.asp
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I generally have a taste for the finer things in life... and it's not just guns

I really need to get back in the game though... I like so many others are living on a severely cut budget (I am living on like 1/5th of what I made before)...that said I am doing ok so I shouldn't complain. Gotta keep a good perspective

I could blow a million bucks on guns and ammo with no problem whatsoever. The problem is, I don't have a million bucks LOL

If I ever hit it big I will send my jet for you guys to come to the ranch so we can have a WEVO Weekend down in Texas LOL!
    Sounds good to me... our budget is so tight that it's like wearing a tourniquet on all appendages. I think there is 'maybe' $8 in the bank account.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    Are you sure a 5.56 suppressor will also pass a 5.7 bullet though? I'd definitely check with the suppressor manufacturer just to be on the safe side.
    Yes it works. Earlier in the thread (post #7) shows exactly that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ... a little late to the party but ... I figured you'd like to know.

It is to my knowledge that FN does sell a shorter, SBR-length barrel for the PS90 (11"? it's somewhere around there). The reason why they don't flat out sell the PS90 in SBR configuration is all the associated paperwork; that's what I was told.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post

So, if you got a 14.5" barrel (or had the barrel cut and threaded to be 'just a tad' over 16") for pinning the muzzle device for the suppressor, you'd be good to go. Are you sure a 5.56 suppressor will also pass a 5.7 bullet though? I'd definitely check with the suppressor manufacturer just to be on the safe side.

http://www.proguns.com/fnh-ps90.asp
    Same bullet, just lighter grain in the PS90 for the most part. Most people use stainless .22 suppressors rated for .22 Mag for it so they've got six ounces on the barrel vs sixteen.