Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 300BLK SBR

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Will. I wasn't positive on the swipes. My search Kung-foo found a lot of references to firing pin swipes, so I went to "The High Road" dot com and used their definition instead. Usually have reasonably accurate info there. Appreciate the correction.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, fellas. Those are both good things to know!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Thanks Will. I wasn't positive on the swipes. My search Kung-foo found a lot of references to firing pin swipes, so I went to "The High Road" dot com and used their definition instead. Usually have reasonably accurate info there. Appreciate the correction.
    I believe primer swipes are more common in pistols? I have never seen them on an AR is all.

Or might be one of those things where a primer swipe on a pistol is the same as a pierced primer on an AR? Different terminology for the same thing...
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well crap. I decided to go with a Dead Air Sandman-S. So I swap out the muzzle device and.... I don't think its going to clear. I also upgraded the front sight to the MBUS Pro and the Blitzkrieg tritium spike. As you can see the spike is offset to accommodate the tritium vial. But I think they offset it the wrong direction. I don't think it will matter much, except I lose a tad of sight radius, I am going to flip it how the sight comes up. That way the post has more protection.

So because the can isn't going to clear the handguard, I am patiently waiting for a KAK 9" 1:7 stainless barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fuck it. I am going to swap out the American Spirit Arms side charging upper for a traditional upper with BCM charging handle. I like the function. I don't really like needing a custom carrier. I don't like how quickly the inside load bearing surface wore at. And I don't like their customer service. As for function. Well the PDW buffer needs to be held back to open the receivers. So I would pull the bolt back and stop with the bolt catch, hold the buffer catch, then release the bolt. Its just barely not enough force to close the bolt. The ASA upper doesn't have a bolt assist, and its non-reciprocating, the charging handle is not attached to the carrier. So I have to use my finger to push the bolt closed through the ejection port. Not an ideal situation. Now I will have a forward assist to close the bolt.

Come on USPS.... I already got everything broken down. Need that barrel to clean it up.
    Last edited by Aberration79; 20 May 2016 at 14:28.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just the additional length I needed. Now this barrel worked with 110gr, to 220 subsonic. All cycled properly. Hopefully this new barrel doesn't change that. The half inch shouldn't add to much more, but its some. But the gas port is obviously larger. I have a heaver puffer for the ARC in case I need it. And then when the Sandman-S gets out of jail, lol. Trying to chase the unicorn of 110-220gr bullets working suppressed and unsuppressed. I'll get an adjustable gasblock if I have to, but I would rather not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now you have a spare barrel and upper. Time for SBR another lower. That's the rules.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wsaraceni View Post
    Now you have a spare barrel and upper. Time for SBR another lower. That's the rules.
    Ha.... I'm sure people have started builds with much less than just an extra barrel.

Aberration, I agree... anything that uses a proprietary BCG is generally a no-go in my book.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My 300 is my absolute, funnest gun I've ever owned, period. It's a blast!

There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Ha.... I'm sure people have started builds with much less than just an extra barrel.

Aberration, I agree... anything that uses a proprietary BCG is generally a no-go in my book.
    I was sent a 7.62x39 bolt by mistake once and it grew into a rifle. Lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

Including KAC? :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have 2 stripped lowers. Problem is, my next SBR I wanted to be like a San Tan or something. What I do got is a lot of parts I should put up for sale to pay for a San Tan lower to SBR LOL.

Edit - So I explain to the wife I have a lot of bad influences on the internet. She agreed. I told her I should get some parts together to sell to help fund another build. She said thats a great idea. Maybe she didn't catch the part about "helping to fund". Whatever. Its all the approval I need. Just beg forgiveness later. Must have been a misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Aberration79; 3 June 2016 at 22:03.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to say, the side charging was really sweet. Clearing and charging was just so much easier. I have seen this design, which is almost good. At least it only uses a custom Cam Pin. And a spare cam pin is easy to keep on hand.

https://gibbzarms.com/product/g4-sid...pper-receiver/

Not sure about this one, not enough info or at least a bit ambiguous. It says no modifications.

https://rouschsports.com/shop/ar15-u...est-available/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn it. That Gibbs looks real nice. Now I am wondering what kind of lower I could match it too.

See if I got a fancy SBR lower to make the 300BLK from, then I could use the standard lower to make a short 5.56 from.

I hate working over time. And there are these things my wife keeps nagging about, you guys heard of them? Bills? All I know is I look at the bank account and see plenty of $ and I don't know why I can't spend it LOL.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Including KAC? :)
    For me its the custom parts. I really doubt a BCG will go down. But what if? Then what do I replace it with? SOL. I really hate not having spare parts. Even though I always forget them and of course a gun goes down at the range and the freaking spare is at home.

When Sandy Hook happened I decided to get on it and build. Took a year for the lowers to get in stock. I bought enough to build 2 including spare springs, detents, firing pins. That and getting the Magpul BEV block were the best calls I made in my builds.