Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 300BLK SBR

Downloads
    Uploads

300BLK SBR

Well I had so much fun building the last 2 rigs, and I bought 4 lowers. I managed to sell a dirt bike, so naturally I got replace one toy with another.

I have decided on an 8.5" 300BLK SBR that I will eventually get a can for. I got everything on a budget, except the stock.

8.5" 1:8 barrel from MAS Defense.
    Spikes upper, only because its going on a Spikes lower. I had gotten 4 Spikes Zombie lowers. Zombies.
    ALG 8" EMR Hanguards. Cheap and made by Geissele, can't be bad.
    ALG QMS trigger, donated from my 16" I upgraded to an SSA-E
    USGI BCG
    MVB ARC Stock.
    LPK will be from whats left over from the other builds I got lots of spares
    I haven't decided on a muzzle device as I don't know what can I will get. I might just get a cheap birdcage for now.

I also got the Magpul BEV. My clamshell didnt work well for the ASA side charging upper and my designs of a barrel clamp were quite crude. But worked lol.

The only reason I didn't just get the whole thing from MAS is they wanted more for the Spikes upper, the BCG, and I don't like quad rails.

I don't know what optic I will use. I have had problems with red dots and astigmatism so I might get the Vortex 1x prism. Unless PA comes out with one.

I probably won't start building until the SBR gods bless me. But I might get anxious. :D Got to get the trust notarized and then file and wait.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a 300 I just finished.

BAD lower
    2A Armament upper
    KAC URX rail
    9" Danger Close SS w/ 5R rifling
    V7 gas block - pinned
    MVB Arc PDW Stock
    SCT Titanium BCG
    Rainier slide lock CH
    CMT straight bow trigger
    B5 pistol grip
    Mix of Battle Arms, norgon, and Seekins for LPK
    Scalarworks mount and T2
    Saker762

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing wrong with building up a gun from all the left over parts you have from previous builds. Sounds like you have some decent parts in there.

The BEV Block is light years ahead of the clam shell. You'll be glad you made the switch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So parts are coming in. Man. I can't wait to assemble it all. Going to have to split up parts for a while while the paperwork goes through. I was torn between the BEV and the Geissele rod. I am perfectly happy with the BEV. Already gone through and reset all my breaks lol.

I have already swapped the Spikes upper with the ASA side charger from the 16" I built. It won't fit a Seekins bolt catch, and I don't think a Phase 5 or any of the other trigger well bolt catches. Not sure what I will do, but I may end finding a friend with a welder and some skill.

I am VERY happy with the ALG EMR handguard. Very simple timing procedure, the material feels think enough to take a ding. Since I am waiting on paperwork and such I will just let this sit until I got the stamp. Then see we'll see what the final configuration is and get some pictures.

I figure if I just shove the parts in a corner I won't dwell on the wait. See ya at the necro haha.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Here's a 300 I just finished.

BAD lower
    2A Armament upper
    KAC URX rail
    9" Danger Close SS w/ 5R rifling
    V7 gas block - pinned
    MVB Arc PDW Stock
    SCT Titanium BCG
    Rainier slide lock CH
    CMT straight bow trigger
    B5 pistol grip
    Mix of Battle Arms, norgon, and Seekins for LPK
    Scalarworks mount and T2
    Saker762
    You definitely went the higher $ route that I was really leaning too. Eventually though I got to counting pennies. :D I knew I was going to be adding accessories as it came together, and its going to add up.

Edit - Danger Close never came up in my search for barrels. Looking at it, I would have taken one of theirs had I known.
    Last edited by Aberration79; 27 June 2015 at 20:15.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration79 View Post
    You definitely went the higher $ route that I was really leaning too. Eventually though I got to counting pennies. :D I knew I was going to be adding accessories as it came together, and its going to add up.

Edit - Danger Close never came up in my search for barrels. Looking at it, I would have taken one of theirs had I known.
    I had opted to build because I thought I could save some money. It didn't go that way. Once I had the option to pick individual items I got retarded.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a half finished 300blk sbr due too the fact Wa decided to screw up my almost ready to be approved matching lower . So far this is what i have

8.5 Bison Armory Barrel
    V7 TI Gas Block
    V7 Extreme Environment Gas Tub
    Silencerco Trifecta Brake
    CMT Tac Left Hand Upper Receiver
    Stag Nickel Teflon Left Hand BCG
    AR Gas Vent
    7in Seekins BAR Handguard borrowed from another rifle til my BCM KMR 7 comes .
    Magpul MBUS
    Vortex SPARC on a LaRue LT751.
    Silencerco Saker 7.62

This is what will be ordered for my lower once Wa get's its shit together and my second form 1 goes from PENDING to APPROVED

CMT Tac UPH15 Ambi Lower
    Hipertouch EDT
    Bad Ass Ambi Saftey not sure which one yet
    V7 TI Takedown Pins
    V7 TI Mag Catch/ Release
    V7 TI QD Endplate & Castle Nut
    V7 Bolt Catch
    V7 Buffer Tube
    JP Silent Captured Buffer System
    MFT Battlelink Minimalist
    BCM Gunfighter Grip Mod 2

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is my 300 upper sitting on my other registered SBR

Downloads
    Uploads
    A friend of mine just got back from a higher level class. I guess the 300 SBR is getting pretty popular. I was able to find 147gr plinking for 48c. That'll do if I can get it to cycle good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    I have a half finished 300blk sbr due too the fact Wa decided to screw up my almost ready to be approved matching lower . So far this is what i have

8.5 Bison Armory Barrel
    V7 TI Gas Block
    V7 Extreme Environment Gas Tub
    Silencerco Trifecta Brake
    CMT Tac Left Hand Upper Receiver
    Stag Nickel Teflon Left Hand BCG
    AR Gas Vent
    7in Seekins BAR Handguard borrowed from another rifle til my BCM KMR 7 comes .
    Magpul MBUS
    Vortex SPARC on a LaRue LT751.
    Silencerco Saker 7.62

This is what will be ordered for my lower once Wa get's its shit together and my second form 1 goes from PENDING to APPROVED

CMT Tac UPH15 Ambi Lower
    Hipertouch EDT
    Bad Ass Ambi Saftey not sure which one yet
    V7 TI Takedown Pins
    V7 TI Mag Catch/ Release
    V7 TI QD Endplate & Castle Nut
    V7 Bolt Catch
    V7 Buffer Tube
    JP Silent Captured Buffer System
    MFT Battlelink Minimalist
    BCM Gunfighter Grip Mod 2
    I love the BAD stuff. I have their Ti EPS pins on my 16", the regular EPS pins on the wifes. I got another set of EPS coming for this build. I have the normal long and high levers and the cranks. The cranks work very well. For this I ordered 2 hybrids and I will mix and match. I think a crank on the thumb side, hybrid in the trigger finger. Maybe in a few years I will start replacing with the Ti stuff. Its such nice bling lol. I have the JP buffer in my 16" and I have had no problems, but it woundn't fit in this ARC tube.

I have a MOE K2 grip coming, Ergo handstop, some keymod panels. A Surefire comp and then a Phase 5 bolt catch to fit my ASA side charger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So here she shits in her initial pistol configuration. I am very pleased so far.

I used a Magpul MOE-K2 grip. Very nice feeling. I liked the MIAD I put on the wifes 16" 5.56 build but the dang backstrap was a pain. So I got the MOE and am not disappointed. I love Magpul, my AK needs some love. What I don't like is I got 2 of the inserts to hold a bolt and firing pin, the though of spare parts on the rifle is very appealing. But the dang thing fell out with the bolt on the first round. :D
    I used a Palmetto State Armory pistol buffer tube kit. Looks the same as my Carbine just large enough not to take the stock, good no questions about constructive possession if there ever was.
    The KNS pins I will probably never need, but insurance for pennies.
    I have the regular long BAD on the left and a Hybrid on the right. I had the cranks and longs on mine and the wifes 16" 5.56's, and then they came out with the hybrid. The hybrid is nice on the right as the lone was too much under the trigger finger. I will probably get another crank for the left side.
    I got a Ergo handstop. I wanted something to keep my hand from over running the handguard and me becoming the next Youtube star blowing my hand off like some have done with the KSG. I never used a handstop before, might have to get more. It also was textured for 'barracades', and used 2 keymod bolts. Most used 1. Insurance lol.
    The Knights belt hook I got while looking at the handstop. With a single point sling and the hook on the front of my belt this thing is nice and secure.
    I have a Primary Arms Micro Dot. its worked great on my AK. With my astigmatism I am not shooting far though.
    The American Defense modular riser I am not please with. It works, its American Defense sturdiness. But the 'absolute' rise is more like a 2/3 cowitness with the Magpul BUIS. At least its modular.
    I also got a jig to drill the recess for the gas block set screws. I can't find the e-mail with who it was. I worked great. I would rather do this and stake them than mess with another taper pin.

So I got 3 different rounds.
    110gr V-Max from Beck/Right to Bear Arms
    147gr FMJ from MAST
    208gr A-Max from Armscor
    All new brass.

Here are the primers.

I am not an expert but all the primers are flat. And only the Gemtech brass from the 110gr seems like it might be a bit hot with the firing pins indentation kind of mushrooming. All rounds ejected OK, and all locked the BCG on the last round.

I had 2 failures, the first 208gr didn't make it up the ramp. And I had 1 147gr that didn't fully make it into battery and had a light strike. Both rounds fired when reloaded. I shot 2x30rnd mag of the 147, 1x30rnd Mag 110gr and 2x5rnd Mags, and then 1 30rnd mag of the 208gr. I am definitely pleased all ran OK. Of course once I get my Form 1 the buffer and spring will be different. But I think the indications of the primer show I got enough gas.
    Last edited by Aberration79; 19 July 2015 at 19:18.

Downloads
    Uploads
    P.S. If you can use one of these AR pistols proficiently then more power to you. I found the thing completely impractical and just unreasonable to handle given another tool. I like that I have gotten to test most of the components, but this whole thing is stupid :D Unless I have a friend that is interested in testing it out she is probably going to take a nap in the safe until the Form 1 comes back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    P.S. If you can use one of these AR pistols proficiently then more power to you. I found the thing completely impractical and just unreasonable to handle given another tool. I like that I have gotten to test most of the components, but this whole thing is stupid :D Unless I have a friend that is interested in testing it out she is probably going to take a nap in the safe until the Form 1 comes back.
    What about shooting the pistol made you feel that you weren't proficient?

Downloads
    Uploads
    There was just no comfortable way to shoot it. I could get rounds on target no problem, the first one. The recoil was too much without a stock for any type of follow ups. And then of course I could get up on it and get a nice cheek weld like it was a rifle, but then I had a buffer tube poking my collar bone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There was just no comfortable way to shoot it. I could get rounds on target no problem, the first one. The recoil was too much without a stock for any type of follow ups. And then of course I could get up on it and get a nice cheek weld like it was a rifle, but then I had a buffer tube poking my collar bone.
    I know you're SBR'ing but a Thorsden buffer tube kit or KAK Shockwave would help... I've had no issues with my 12.5" pistol using the Shockwave and can Cheekweld it comfortably and really get on target comfortably..

Edit: Those Gemtech are definitely warm in your pistol.. I'd keep a watchful eye.. youre not too far fron flat primers and swipes...