Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trigger indecision

I'm looking for a single stage trigger for both fast and hard, and long range shooting. I've narrowed it down to either the Elftmann 3 Gun Trigger or the Hiperfire Hipertouch 24C.

http://www.rainierarms.com/elftmann-...igger-straight

http://www.rainierarms.com/hiperfire...-24competition

Reviews are extremely positive on both and can't really turn up much bad about either.
    The Hiperfire is also now available in a Nickel Teflon finish with a blue shoe, the Hipertouch Tarheel 24.

http://www.hiperfire.com/hipertouchth24.html

Anyone have any more input or experience with either of these?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I looked at the Elftman triggers for quite some time actually. Can't give you any real feedback as to performance as I've never shot with one.

I can't recall but I think I remember only one person (out of a bunch) giving some mixed reviews on them.

I (like many others) run a CMC single stage flat (3.5 lb) and it's just awesome. I love it.

Single stage triggers are where it's at for me.

Sorry I can't be of much help, but for precision and long range shooting triggers are a matter of preference and practice. At least that's my opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on the video below I don't like the big anti walk 'plates' that are on the side of the lower. That's just me and it's just cosmetic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, not sure those are required though. Advertised as compatible with any pins.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you checked out the AR Gold and Wilson TTU?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Yeah, not sure those are required though. Advertised as compatible with any pins.
    There is so much good stuff out there that at some point it's just 'go ahead and pick one' LOL! At least that's how it was with me. I was agonizing over the trigger I was going to use... someone here turned me on to CMC and I couldn't be happier now.

That said what is it about those two that are attracting you to them? You obviously have an idea about what you want... a nice trigger... a flat trigger...

Are you looking for any particular weight of pull? Adjustability? It might be easier if you tell us what you find valuable in a trigger and or maybe some of the strengths and weaknesses of your shooting style.

For me I don't do 'running and shooting' so much. I would like to but I have just never had the opportunity to get into it yet. I hate over travel on triggers. I like the idea that when I pull it it goes off. Hence the two stage wasn't my first go to trigger. Also knowing before hand that I was building a gun for plinking and accuracy (both short and long range) helped. I wanted a trigger that would help me reinforce my finger placement. Of course it also needed to be smooth and robust....

That's me.

I have a feeling though that if you are looking at that caliber of trigger just get one and practice with it and it will probably grow on you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Have you checked out the AR Gold and Wilson TTU?
    I've got to finger bang a TTU before, and it was nice, but I'm looking for a flat bladed trigger, which rules it and the AR Gold out. Also looking for lighter than 4.5 lbs. probably around 3-3.5

Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    There is so much good stuff out there that at some point it's just 'go ahead and pick one' LOL! At least that's how it was with me. I was agonizing over the trigger I was going to use... someone here turned me on to CMC and I couldn't be happier now.

That said what is it about those two that are attracting you to them? You obviously have an idea about what you want... a nice trigger... a flat trigger...

Are you looking for any particular weight of pull? Adjustability? It might be easier if you tell us what you find valuable in a trigger and or maybe some of the strengths and weaknesses of your shooting style.

For me I don't do 'running and shooting' so much. I would like to but I have just never had the opportunity to get into it yet. I hate over travel on triggers. I like the idea that when I pull it it goes off. Hence the two stage wasn't my first go to trigger. Also knowing before hand that I was building a gun for plinking and accuracy (both short and long range) helped. I wanted a trigger that would help me reinforce my finger placement. Of course it also needed to be smooth and robust....

That's me.

I have a feeling though that if you are looking at that caliber of trigger just get one and practice with it and it will probably grow on you.
    I just like single stages more than two. The reason I've locked onto those two specifically:

Elf trigger, supposed to be the crispest and fastest of them all and super smooth with minimal reset distance (I managed to short stroke a Geissele SD3G). I could adjust it down to the weight I want and the nylock screw ought to prevent it from coming out of adjustment. Full power hammer spring.

Hipertouch 24c/TH24, also smooth and fast, little more creep than the Elf by some accounts. Supposed to have excellent trigger response due to the shoe, and has 30% greater hammer fall energy over mil-spec. No possibility of anything coming out of adjustment. Saw a review where they did a shoot off between a SD3G, a Tricon, a Timney, and the 24c. Both shooters preferred the feel of the 24c (subjective), but also turned in their tightest groups at speed with it. Taken with a grain of salt, but those are all nice triggers and the Hipertouch was preferred over two Geissele's and a Timney. The TH24 is supposed to be even smoother than the 24c.
    Last edited by Aragorn; 27 June 2015 at 21:47.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    What about the SD-E?
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    What about the SD-E?
    Looking for a single stage trigger.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the CMC Single Stage Flat in consideration?

http://www.rainierarms.com/cmc-trigg...gle-stage-flat
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Eh, maybe? I've got a friend who has one on the way so hopefully I'll get to give it a try soon.

Just the selling points of the others really have my interest piqued.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the CMC Single Stage Flat in consideration?

http://www.rainierarms.com/cmc-trigg...gle-stage-flat
    This is the one I run. 3.5 lb. I think overall if you get one of those (for $100 bucks cheaper than the Elftman) you will be pleased. If you don't like it you can sell it. Overall though for what you said in your original post...it's got all the finger banging love you could ever want.

Design wise of the triggers... the elftman is flat all the way down. I like flat triggers too, but I like that hook on the end vs some of the sheerly bladed ones like the elftman. For me I like having something for my finger to rest on and so that I can develop finger memory for the precision stuff. The other one you have linked to has that red thing on the trigger... so between those two it would be a choice of what you plan to do more of. If you are going to be doing accuracy/long range stuff more then I would go with the second one.... if you are going to be shooting hard more I would go with the elftman.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For a single stage, I really like the CMC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    CMC single stage flat 3.5lb trigger hands down. The selling points the other two triggers are just good marketing.

But seriously CMC had been doing it since 2003 and were one of the first patented drop in triggers. In my eyes that means they've been around long enough to perfect it. The other two are good choices but bang for buck the CMC wins.

Downloads
    Uploads

Trigger indecision

I'm a bit lukewarm to the elf 3G at this point. We've had it about six months and it keeps bouncing around our different rifles but eventually is always replaced by a Geissele.