Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

SLR has got it all. NEW RAIL PROTOTYPE

If you are like me, and you are getting a little tired of keymod and m-lok rails, perhaps SLR will have something to fit your needs. Full quad rails are making a bit of a comeback as of late, and it’s a thing that makes me happy to see.

Many shooters (myself included) end up covering any given rail with a good amount of accessories. Some do not, I do. I generally run a light, some kind of grip, and I typically cover the entire surface where my hand meets the rail with rail covers, or panels which are often stippled for increase grip. Simply put, the amount of real-estate needed for many shooters is a good amount. The “unused rail space” argument doesn’t bode well as a good reason for me to go keymod or m-lok.

The only solid advantages with keymod/m-lok rails is that they are smaller in diameter, and lighter. But for many shooters (myself included) the weight, and bulk of standard quad rails is quite tolerable.

If you are such a person, and you grow tired of double-mounting systems (mounting rails, to mount things onto rails) you might notice that you’re options are quite limited in terms of quad rail selection. Perhaps SLR Rifleworks has just the ticket you need.

Introducing yet another awesome rail from SLR Rifleworks. I should state that the rail shown here is a prototype of sorts. Todd simply wants to see if YOU would purchase this rail, or if this rail should be an option at all. Comments on where weight can be cut, as well as other modifications are welcome.

I should note that there will be QD cups in the front of the rail, as well as the back.

The mounting system is top notch. SLR’s barrel nut wrench adaptor has virtually no play or wiggle room on its purchase against the barrel nut. The rail slides on, lines up, tightens town and that’s that.

The new rail is slim in terms of quad rails. Not nearly as bulky as some other quads on the market. Currently the rail measures at just about a fingernail thickness wider than a Danial Defense RIS II, which is pretty darn good.

The KAC covers slide on and are pretty snug. The cuts in the rails to accommodate the KAC covers at the front and rear of the rail are not in yet, but they can be easily added for final production. Keep in mind other cuts will likely be added to reduce weight.

For myself, this one hits it out of the park. The rail is slim, rugged, and about everything I could ask for. Not to mention it is very attractive to me at least.

Currently SLR Rifleworks probably offers the most diverse selection of quality top-notch rails on the market. They offer over 90 different rail options, ranging in size from 7” up to 16”. Multiple rail types such as the Solo Series, solo mid series, solo lite series, solo ultra-lite series, intrepid, and select series; all come in options for both keymod- and m-lok. Add an awesome full quad rail line to the mix, and I have a hard time going anywhere else for any rail.

Again..feel free to mention any kinds of improvements you might think of.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Holy cow that looks bad ass
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice looking quad and great pics Munition.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    That rail looks awesome, as do the pics. Well done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What's the actual inside diameter?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been lamenting the loss of good quad-rails since the Brazillian craze started a few years ago.

I'd like to see an end shot with all of the various dimensions given, preferably a CAD drawing. Something like the top-left here but in a drawing format and with the following dimensions
    -Overall Width
    -Overall Height
    -Tube OD
    -Tube ID

I'd also like to know lengths that will be available. I'm particularly interested in an 11.0

WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    wait, I just read this...

Currently the rail measures at just about a fingernail thickness wider than a Danial Defense RIS II, which is pretty darn good.
    A RIS II, I believe, is 2.20" wide. This is considered "good"? I was really hoping for <2" like the old DD M4 handguards. Christ, even the Larue is 2.00" wide.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    wait, I just read this...

A RIS II, I believe, is 2.20" wide. This is considered "good"? I was really hoping for <2" like the old DD M4 handguards. Christ, even the Larue is 2.00" wide.

As far as I know, it won't be getting any more slim than it already is. Weight loss ideas are welcome, as well as lengths. I do not know the actual inside diameter. Remember this is a trial product. If there is interest, SLR will make em. So let your voice be heard.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I kind of wish the bottom picatinny rail went all the way back to the barrel nut clamping screws, instead of having that little dip.

Rob, this rail is basically one of the Solo Lites with less material taken off the extrusion. They can't make it much slimmer without doing a whole new extrusion and reducing the internal diameter even more. The current DD offering in the Lite Rail III line is 1.9" wide. Probably the slimmest rail widely available, although ungodly expensive.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    thats hot, thats really really hot.
    IG: Sexual_Meatball

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I kind of wish the bottom picatinny rail went all the way back to the barrel nut clamping screws, instead of having that little dip.

Rob, this rail is basically one of the Solo Lites with less material taken off the extrusion. They can't make it much slimmer without doing a whole new extrusion and reducing the internal diameter even more. The current DD offering in the Lite Rail III line is 1.9" wide. Probably the slimmest rail widely available, although ungodly expensive.
    I agree, I think it would look better and cleaner with the rail going back further.

Absolutely love the looks of this rail, I'm sure it'll be a solid performer like the rest of SLR's products.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just when I thought I was done ........

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by six8 View Post
    Just when I thought I was done ........
    I know right...lol

I still need a quad rail upper..Another "want" on the list

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post

Correct. Not gonna get any slimer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I agree, I think it would look better and cleaner with the rail going back further.

Absolutely love the looks of this rail, I'm sure it'll be a solid performer like the rest of SLR's products.
    I see you're point, but I more rail will add weight. As it is, quads get enough bad rap for being heavy...... those pussies..lol! I kid. Also keep in mind that rail space up close to the upper receiver generally is used less than in other areas.