Thread: BCM BFH ELW

Downloads
    Uploads

BCM BFH ELW

It's finally happening!

Well.. soonish.

The product page is finally on BCM's website! Usually they show up like within 1-3 weeks after.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-B...-elw-kmr13.htm

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice looking upper
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're welcome.

I knew that as soon as I bit on the non-BFH-version the BFH would come out.

It's like when you forget your umbrella...
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't been all that impressed with my 14.5 standard ELW. Can't see myself going for a BFH anytime soon.

The POI change of hanging a can on the end is massive for mine. Almost 4 MOA. Plus POI seems to wander a bit when it heats up.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks rob_s, you took one for the team :D.

Will, no cans for me. Stupid Commiefornia .

POI shifts seem to happen with heat and lighter barrels, I already have a regular BFH barrel'd BCM upper too.

I just really wanted to try this balanced LW upper!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I haven't been all that impressed with my 14.5 standard ELW. Can't see myself going for a BFH anytime soon.

The POI change of hanging a can on the end is massive for mine. Almost 4 MOA. Plus POI seems to wander a bit when it heats up.
    Are you finding this to differ from other similar-profile barrels?

What's the amount of "wander" and how much "heat"?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Are you finding this to differ from other similar-profile barrels?

What's the amount of "wander" and how much "heat"?
    Unfortunately I don't have similar length/profiles to compare against, as I diversify when it comes to my different rifles. My BCM standard 11.5" (non ELW) has almost no POI change with a suppressor, nor when it heats up.

The last time I shot for groups with the 14.5 off the bench, which was 3 weeks ago, I was seeing about a 2 MOA POI shift to the right after approximately 60 rounds, fired on my normal cadence of one shot every two relaxed breaths. I only shoot suppressed, so I'm sure the additional heat at the end of the barrel isn't helping, either. After I let the rifle cool down for about 15 minutes while I shot something else, I went back to it and it was spot on from my original zero.

I've been out of the country for a couple weeks, so was unable to test again, but am planning on it this week if I have time.

I believe Markm has a 14.5 ELW and he hasn't noticed any POI change after mag dumps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A little update:

I've been shooting my 14.5" ELW upper quite a bit lately, trying to wring out any kind of POI shift. I finally have a decent bench setup and am getting consistent groups with a 55 gr load I worked up.

After my latest testing, which included some rapid fire strings to really heat up the barrel, I feel like the shift is minimal at 100 yards. My earlier results can probably be chalked off to using a lower magnification optic, ammo, and lack of a decent rest.

One thing that has been bothering me is the massive POI shift with a suppressor. I was also having problems with the specific trifecta flash hider mount on this barrel, as my saker wasn't locking up very solid unless I racheted the can on extremely tight. In the process of swapping out the flash hider, I also checked concentricity of the threads, shoulder and bore, and discovered that the shoulder on the barrel causes all my muzzle devices to have a slight cant downwards. You can't even tell until you mount a suppressor on it. I can look down the bore from the breech and easily tell that the suppressor is not even close to centered.

I swapped out the trifecta for another one, and checked again. The same problem persisted. Then I took both trifectas and threw them on a different barrel with a 0.750" diameter at the front shoulder. Looking down the bore showed that the saker was properly centered.

I figure I'm pretty lucky I haven't had a baffle strike, yet.