Weapon Shield vs...

Interesting videos.
    Frog Lube vs Weapon Shield.
    Slip 2000 EWL, Lucas Gun Oil, and Weapon Shield Comparisons
    GunButter vs Weapon Shield
    Weapon Shield Wear Test - BreakFree and Hoppe's Elite
    Weapon Shield vs FireClean
    Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil and Weapon Shield

I used to use Weapon Shield a few years ago and it worked great. In my trials of other products, I never got around to going back to it. Perhaps it's time to pick some more up. George Fennell, the guy behind WS, was the one who developed the original FP-10. He likely has forgot more about lubrication that I will ever know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never used Weapon Shield but I'm a big fan of FP-10.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    WS is my main clp. I like the thicker Slip EWL30 for some stuff as it doesn't run.*

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I've never used Weapon Shield but I'm a big fan of FP-10.
    I've used FP-10 as well. MPC used to be the manufacturer for FP-10 and now it's Shooter's Choice, but as I understand it, the original formula George developed was not the same as the Shooter's choice version. I believe I recall George essentially saying Weapon Shield was an improvement on the original formula FP-10. For accuracy sake, I should see if George is willing to stop by and clarify.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use Luca oil
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    FireClean or die!!!! WS is good stuff though.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been using Slip 2000 EWL for a long time, and it's always worked great. Looks like it might be time to pick up some Weapon Shield and give it a try. Impressive tests. I really dig how he lets the product speak for itself, and doesn't trash the competition.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't tried weapon shied, no doubt it's an impressive oil. I met with a chemist once and we were talking about the Falex machine and how it isn't the best way to always display lube qualities. It depends on the amount of lube applied, the duration it is allowed to heat before pressure etc. He then showed me this video where shampoo went up to 100 ft/lbs on the falex bearing test. He was in the auto industry for a oil company at a national drag race and also was a gun guy. When I asked him what oil he ran in his guns, he said his company's auto oil because it was free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5WXbj5jbN8

Downloads
    Uploads
    A ton of people LOVE Fireclean. I bought a bottle to see if it was really that grand. Well, I was semi impressed with it, but I was really impressed with Rand CLP. It kept the carbon from sticking and stays where you put it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tappedandtagged View Post
    A ton of people LOVE Fireclean. I bought a bottle to see if it was really that grand. Well, I was semi impressed with it, but I was really impressed with Rand CLP. It kept the carbon from sticking and stays where you put it.
    I ran Rand head-to-head on my suppressed .22 pistol with FIREClean, and neither allowed carbon to "stick", really, but the FIREClean lubed pistol felt slick and smooth after I was done shooting while the Rand felt like I was racking it through sand. I am a big fan of Jon Miodonka (*sp), and have to say, I was frustrated by these results, but I used what worked. I now use FIRECLEAN.

That said, I have corresponded with George Fennel for years, ever since he invented Weaponshield, in fact. I have not yet really done a suppressed-fire test with his WS, though, as FC was working so well. That changes this morning. My DDM4 is spotless and lubed with WS, and ready to go here in a bit. We will see!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Timm View Post
    I haven't tried weapon shied, no doubt it's an impressive oil. I met with a chemist once and we were talking about the Falex machine and how it isn't the best way to always display lube qualities. It depends on the amount of lube applied, the duration it is allowed to heat before pressure etc. He then showed me this video where shampoo went up to 100 ft/lbs on the falex bearing test. He was in the auto industry for a oil company at a national drag race and also was a gun guy. When I asked him what oil he ran in his guns, he said his company's auto oil because it was free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5WXbj5jbN8
    George Fennel also created FP-10, and FP-10 has gone through legitimate lab testing, and performed VERY WELL in independent 3rd party lab tests, as well as the real world.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I've used FP-10 as well. MPC used to be the manufacturer for FP-10 and now it's Shooter's Choice, but as I understand it, the original formula George developed was not the same as the Shooter's choice version. I believe I recall George essentially saying Weapon Shield was an improvement on the original formula FP-10. For accuracy sake, I should see if George is willing to stop by and clarify.
    This is correct. I will ask him to pop over, as well!

Downloads
    Uploads
    George declined to participate. It sounds like he's had enough of the drama associated with online discussions, so he just does his YouTube videos.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not surprised. I think people make too big a deal out of certain things when it comes to firearms. Lube is one of them, especially when the majority of people shoot so little each year that it doesn't really matter what kind they use. :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have yet to find anything that is clearly superior to Mobil 1. Considering that I purchase it by the drum I would imagine I spend about 50 cents a year on lube.