Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
I ran Rand head-to-head on my suppressed .22 pistol with FIREClean, and neither allowed carbon to "stick", really, but the FIREClean lubed pistol felt slick and smooth after I was done shooting while the Rand felt like I was racking it through sand. I am a big fan of Jon Miodonka (*sp), and have to say, I was frustrated by these results, but I used what worked. I now use FIRECLEAN.

That said, I have corresponded with George Fennel for years, ever since he invented Weaponshield, in fact. I have not yet really done a suppressed-fire test with his WS, though, as FC was working so well. That changes this morning. My DDM4 is spotless and lubed with WS, and ready to go here in a bit. We will see!
Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
Not surprised. I think people make too big a deal out of certain things when it comes to firearms. Lube is one of them, especially when the majority of people shoot so little each year that it doesn't really matter what kind they use. :)
I have been using Rand CLP and just this past year I broke the 2500 round count on my NTD build and around the same round count on my M&P9 I have notice the same results as JGifford, the sandy gritty feel when I would go extended periods without cleaning and reapplying. And like Slippers mention before my round count wasn't high enough for me to really say what is good and what isn't. With the lower round count the Rand worked fine even going extended periods without cleaning and reapplying. I am still using Rand but just make it a point to clean it after every other range session. But currently I am dealing with time crunches as things are picking up for me and my family. I am in the position now to start looking for something different. I had thought about using frog lube but after reading some of the comments about it here on wevo I dropped that thought completely. I have heard nothing but positive things about FC and with videos above on WS I am split on my decision now. Maybe I will run FC in the rifle and WS in the pistol. Still undecided.