There was another thread years ago about one of these, but figured I'd do a separate thread regarding my continued supreme satisfaction with this upper. This thing continues to be a fantastic shooter.

(Yes, I know it's not a correct stock or optic...or muzzle device)

I took this out yesterday and ran it through a local SPR competition which consisted of (arguably too much) close up work as well as out to 630 yards. To date I've run 555 trouble-free rounds through it. Not a ton, I know, but I try to keep it in the rotation and have run it through a couple of organized evolutions. This upper started life in San Diego almost 2 years ago where it was a replacement for the first upper I ordered from Monty. The first one had a bent gas tube and Monty's lovely wife was nice enough to meet me at the Coronado Safeway and swap out the upper in person. Top notch customer service.

At 200m and in, it's been fantastic, but before yesterday's competition, I've only shot it out to 600 (technically 800) yards once before and I wasn't totally certain about the dope I had for it. Turns out I think my concern was due to poor zero data for the ammo and can I was shooting and yesterday it shot fantastic. The other stages were 300m and in, but the last stage had three targets at 600m and consisted of one (supposedly) IPSC plate, one half IPSC plate, and one plate that was 12". There were several HITRON gunners shooting in my group and we had some pretty weird swirling winds going on over the course for the distance stage. From what one of the other gunners and I could tell, he and I were the only ones shooting .223 that got 3/3 hits on the course. I'd like to think I had something to do with that, but the gun was the main player, no doubt.

While I shot the recent competition unsuppressed, it's had about 1/3 of the rounds through it shot suppressed and it's had no issues (H buffer and Spike's M16 BCG). I have noticed some decent POI shift when I hang the can on it, but I'm guessing that has to do with the longer barrel, compared to, say, a shorter barrel like a Noveske 16" or Colt SOCOM 14.5". But it's repeatable, so into the gun log it goes.

I know the KAC rails are now pretty rare, so not sure what, if anything, Monty will do with the MK12 upper he sells, but if you're in the market for this kind of upper and he has one available, I'd highly recommend it.