Downloads
    Uploads

Discovered Something!!

On my rifle I had my old gas block on there (a Rainier low profile) and an SLR Rifleworks M Lok hand guard. When I tried to add on a M-Lok AFG with those components it would not work. The T-nuts of the Magpul AFG would hit the gas block and could not turn to lock in place. The fit was more than 'extremely tight', it just flat out would not work.

Long story short I bought an SLR adjustable gas block because my suppressor will be here eventually. Tonight I was looking though some boxes and I saw the AFG sitting there so I figured I would try it with the new gas block to see if there was any difference. You know what? BAM! It worked like a charm! Now my AFG fits and will work in any position I want it in on my rifle. Now I can actually try it out and see if I like it. I don't think I've ever shot with it on there. It's been sitting in a box since Christmas.

I got the old gas block out and held it up next to the Rainier gas block. How the folks at SLR solved the clearance problem (IE lack of clearance) for M Lok accessories was to make their gas blocks shorter in overall length. I just measured with some calipers and the SLR block is way shorter length wise.

I posted this up in case someone else happens to run into the same problems with M-Lok accessories. I still have to kind of work with it some to get it on, but once in place there is enough space for it to sit there without binding on the gas block.
    Last edited by alamo5000; 6 July 2015 at 21:37.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, good to know. I also am planning to use a SLR Sentry 7 and M-LOK on my current project.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Thanks, good to know. I also am planning to use a SLR Sentry 7 and M-LOK on my current project.
    That's the one I am using. Good stuff for sure. The issue of slim rails and m lok I don't think is limited to SLR... This is a very good work around.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i think you'll like the AFG. I do like mine. I did have to change it's position after shooting the first time with it to find the most comfortable place for it - I had originally put it too far back for my long arms.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I need to figure something out with my carbine. Can't put anything under my gas block. Not even the NSR panels.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to know thanks for the info
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    I need to figure something out with my carbine. Can't put anything under my gas block. Not even the NSR panels.
    Should check out the Seekins K20 if your running a KMR, really digging mine so far.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im gana end up havin to buy an slr gas block. The one I have from DD is too fat. Hits the rail.

Wish SLR said you probably need one their blocks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Im gana end up havin to buy an slr gas block. The one I have from DD is too fat. Hits the rail.

Wish SLR said you probably need one their blocks.
    What kind of rail are you running? I've heard of other manufacturers having similar problems. If they make slim rails it tends to come up when using m lok.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    What kind of rail are you running? I've heard of other manufacturers having similar problems. If they make slim rails it tends to come up when using m lok.
    Slr ultralight 9.25 mlok

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    What are you running on your rifle? Which rail and which block?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to take the MLok bipod stud off my ALG hand guard if I have to remove it. The only problem with my Seekins adjustable gas block is its a hassle to adjust it from the back (SLR here I come).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    I have to take the MLok bipod stud off my ALG hand guard if I have to remove it. The only problem with my Seekins adjustable gas block is its a hassle to adjust it from the back (SLR here I come).
    Yeah, I wouldn't be having one that adjusts from the back.

When I did the T&E on the ambi side charger upper it had an adjustable gas block on it... Playing with that gave me a pretty good feel for what I wanted and honestly I didn't have to look very far. I just have a thing for premium parts. So far I have NOTHING but good to say about anything SLR I have ever seen, handled, touched, or used.