Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    BC,

Was this the upper you were dropping a bunch of coin on? If so, I remember the quality components!
    Yep! And I've been nothing but impressed with the quality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    I have a Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 fine crosshair with dot in a ADM QD mount on top and I'm able to achieve those groups consistently with the only match ammo I've been able to get my hands on locally, Winchester .223 69gr Matchking HPBT.
    I haven't dabbled in reloading yet but I have a feeling that when I do, I'll be stacking hits at the same distance.
    You better believe it. On the reloading thing the price goes WAY down when you reload. I am able to reload 69gr SMK and get better results than the Winchester ammo for right about .33 cents a round.

When I got my rifle I tested a mix of different store bought ammo... I got a bunch of different kinds of 55, some 60, some 62, some 64, some 68, and some 69s. The rifle liked the 69s a lot. At that point I had a shooting test between winchester and federal match... with the slight edge to Winchester. After I got that established I took about a month (considering really bad weather) and developed a load of 24.3 grains of varget with 69 gr SMK... it's been doing really good for me.

I shot a 10 shot group that was about dime size @ 100 yards and I was also able to take it out to 700 yards and plink on an 18" steel plate. For a relatively small time investment that for me is a tradeoff between watching tv or reloading, I can save quite a bit by reloading.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep! And I've been nothing but impressed with the quality.
    What's your barrel length? I have been nothing but impressed with my RA barrel.

I have been somewhat intrigued by the ultra match barrels, so any report I can get... LOL...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    What's your barrel length? I have been nothing but impressed with my RA barrel.

I have been somewhat intrigued by the ultra match barrels, so any report I can get... LOL...
    It's an 18" Ultramatch barrel with a Rainier Arms compensator. I may do a write up on the build if I find the time for it in the near future.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does this count as results?
    Shot with a Rainier Arms Ultramatch .223 Wylde at 100yd. It groups around 0.4 in at that range with match ammo.
    Sure it counts, and thank goodness it wasn't a silver quarter. That would be wasteful.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post

Sure it counts . .
    No, it doesn't. The whole point of the exercise is assessing consistency. A single shot does not consistency make.