Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone have a WAR Upper?

I've got one and if anyone might be interested in this unique item that makes suppressed shooting much more pleasurable, I can write a review. I've got another build in the works and it'll definitely be getting one.

Unsuppressed Mode

Suppressed Mode

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought one awhile ago in anticipation of playing with a suppressed setup, but haven't decided what to do with it yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I've got one and if anyone might be interested in this unique item that makes suppressed shooting much more pleasurable, I can write a review. I've got another build in the works and it'll definitely be getting one.
    Yes! A review if you please!

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I bought one awhile ago in anticipation of playing with a suppressed setup, but haven't decided what to do with it yet.
    You don't need it. Just toss it my way. Hehe

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to hear more.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Building one now....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm definitely interested in this, too. Can you lock the lever in place so it doesn't get accidentally bumped?
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I'm definitely interested in this, too. Can you lock the lever in place so it doesn't get accidentally bumped?
    The switch/lever is held firmly in place with the spring you can see in the above pictures, as well as on the right side (of the receiver,) there is a small roll pin that sits in a channel that corresponds to the desired setting. It would take some very focused, precise force on the switch to get it to rotate the 90*.

There's also sort of a 3rd setting. It's in between the two actual ones and it shuts the gas flow off entirely. Never used it, just told about it by Innovative Arms' owner.

Looks like I have my homework for this weekend: to write this up. I've already done a year and a half's worth of testing.

If anyone wants specific questions or something addressed, let me know. I'll have a chance to shoot this weekend if something is asked I don't know or recall regarding performance. If so, I'll try to get a video and I have a ton of pics. I'll just update this original first post with the review and can keep the thread going for Q&A

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Building one now....

Nicely done! Cerakote? Who's work is it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, makes more sense. You have to push the pin in and turn it.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very cool concept. I'd love to see a review on this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Nicely done! Cerakote? Who's work is it
    Probably the www.madcustomcoating.com advertised on the pic.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Something I'm particularly interested in is discussion of this product vs. the Noveske Switchblock. Very different solutions to the same "problem".
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Something I'm particularly interested in is discussion of this product vs. the Noveske Switchblock. Very different solutions to the same "problem".
    With a SwitchBlock (not the barrel combo), you save about $80 ($185 Retail). It works in conjunction with any barrel (if it's .750" @ front sight) and you can use it with your existing upper. This is good if you have a matching upper/lower combo or an upper you don't want to replace. Drawback is it can't be used, according to Noveske, under a rail or with OE hand guards. The adjustment knob also gets hot when shooting so you need to wear gloves and it can be hard to grab the knob when wearing them. They both have three settings: unsuppressed, suppressed, and off.

The WAR is a little more pricey ($260) but I got mine on sale for $225. It can be used with any barrel (carbine and midlength gas are standard options from most retailers and rifle length gas tubes are available from Innovative Arms...all are proprietary) and any rail. My Rainier/Samson rail has anti rotation tabs and they do not interfere with the switch. The switch doesn't get hot and its large enough to turn with shooting gloves on and you can verify the setting from a shooting position....if you're ever in a situation that would require it. My ACOG (3.5x35) mount tightening knobs almost obstruct the switch (from a fingers hit both at same time standpoint, not that the switch hits the knobs) but it's worked fine with many different scope mounts/rings/ARMS. Can be used with 5.56 and 300BLK

This may seem biased, not trying to be, I just know more about the WAR

If anyone wants to know something specific let me know and I'll either answer or include in review.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I assume these come with a proprietary gas tube? I like the concept of these. Any pics of inside the upper? Short stub gas tube inside to engage the gas key?

Cerakote looks killer btw.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I assume these come with a proprietary gas tube? I like the concept of these. Any pics of inside the upper? Short stub gas tube inside to engage the gas key?

Cerakote looks killer btw.
    The WAR does come with a proprietary tube and I did indicate that in my last post (just to clarify). Lots of words...probably lost in the sauce

I'll take a picture of inside the WAR vs a regular upper