Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Short Throw Ambi Safeties

I'm looking for a short throw ambi safety without the thrills and name brand. We all know BAD-ASS ST selectors are the benchmark, but I'm looking for the "underdog" manufacturer, if you will. Plus the gap between the receiver and the selector on the BAD-ASS is kind of annoying to me. I have a simple forged receiver set and I want something that will line up nicely with that. I've come across the Noveske/ Magpul STS and the Strike Industries Hex Ambi Selector so far and I like both but am thinking of giving the nod the SI for the aluminum selectors over the poly on the Noveske. Anybody with first hand experience with either of these two or any other ambi sts, not named BAD-ASS, please feel free to help me out. Thanks guys.

p.s. sorry if this is in the wrong category or if this is a worn out topic. I'm new to the forum game so just bare with me guys.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are a lot of good selectors on the market now, and yes Battle Arms is the benchmark. If you're not in the market for one of theirs the Seekins and AXTS are very good options, the Seekins is priced better. You often get what you pay for though and Battle Arm's customer service is second to none. There is also a Rainier Arms selector made by Battle Arms that is very nice.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Spend the extra coin and get the BAD or RA REST safety. I've gotten some cheaper off name ambi safeties in the past. They're in the parts bin now..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear you, guys. I would hate to have to buy another ambi safety after the inexpensive one doesn't work out well. I am worried about the pin on the drum that the BAD-ASS ST's have. Don't they have to be cut (i.e. void warranty) to fit into standard forged lower? Anyone have any experience with the Viper MKII safety selector by any chance?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Iron Viper is very new but looks like a good product, but cost as much as proven options. For the price I'd look at the Seekins, it's MSRP is $39.99.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the seekins a short throw selector?

Downloads
    Uploads
    also just came across the V7 hybrid 3 gun / sport safety selector. any experience?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Both V7 and Seekins make great products. The Seekins can be configured at either 90 or 60 degree.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    once again, thanks for all of your help GOST. I think I will go with the v7 sport safety selector. I really like the light-weight feature. plus it looks pretty bad ass :)
    Last edited by NATOgaspiston; 9 July 2015 at 20:28. Reason: correcting picture sizing

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good deal, I've seen great reviews of their other selectors.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love the cheap Noveske ambi's that use the Magpul SCAR levers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Curious how those new seekins ambis are?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Curious how those new seekins ambis are?
    I've got a set on one of my SBR's, so far it's worked well. Positive clicks as you engage and disengage the safety. The price on the Seekins is very attractive as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have recently used a few of the Strike Industries short throw levers and have been very pleased.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I've got a set on one of my SBR's, so far it's worked well. Positive clicks as you engage and disengage the safety. The price on the Seekins is very attractive as well.
    Thanks

ya they sure look good for the price