Downloads
    Uploads

Malkoff Devices E1T/Scout M300T 1CR123 Head

Description:

Based on the Malkoff MDC Head, this is the Malkoff Devices 1 CR123 Throw Head to fit Surefire E series lights and Incandescent M300 Scout lights. It also fits Malkoff MDC Bodies. The head is constructed of 6061 T6 aluminum and is Type III Hard Black Anodized. This design utilizes a a tightly focused TIR optic. The Optic offers a tight beam for maximum throw. The Lux at 1 meter is approximately 12,000. It is an outstanding medium to long range spotter. The output is approximately 200 measured out the front lumens.

Please note that the optic itself serves as the lens. In weapon applications the head should be placed behind the muzzle to minimize powder burns on the optic. The optic is replaceable if necessary.

This head was designed for rugged service from the ground up. It is fully potted to stand up to rough service and recoil.

The input voltage is 2 to 3.2 volts. It was designed for use with a single primary 3v CR123 battery. This will not support standard RCR123 (rechargeable Li-ion) batteries, however LiFePO4 rechargeables will work in this Head. The runtime on one CR123 battery is approximately 45-60 minutes. It will easily illuminate objects at 450+ feet and will blind opponents within a 150 foot radius. The LED is a Cree XP-E2.

If You Hunt Predators at 100+ Yards, this is the Head for you!

This Head is Designed for Maximum Reach in a Small Format. If You are a White Wall Hunter, This is NOT the Head For You (it does not have a beautiful, symetrical beam on a white wall).

MSRP $99

Purchase Link: http://www.malkoffdevices.com/led-up...00-1cr123-head

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got some of these in. The beam is very focused, and the single cell version is more than a match for the KE1A head on the M300B Scout. Looks like a great product.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I just got some of these in. The beam is very focused, and the single cell version is more than a match for the KE1A head on the M300B Scout. Looks like a great product.
    How does it compare to the KE1F? I like the Malkoffs, they just have no reverse polarity protection, and that's a deal killer for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    How does it compare to the KE1F? I like the Malkoffs, they just have no reverse polarity protection, and that's a deal killer for me.
    I guess it doesn't matter how it compares, then. :)

Seriously though, I don't know. I don't have the F revision.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I may have to build one more scout light... or two with this head.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After talking to Gene last night about these heads, I'm going to pick up a couple. Tighter, more focused beam is something I want to check out. The E1 and E1T's will be available concurrently, and is not a replacement. Also available in a E2T (2 cell version)

He's also working on a revision to squeeze more lumens out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have complete lights available with the new TIR heads, at a slight discount over purchasing all the parts separately. Our new momentary made-in-the-USA switch internals are due in today, so those will be optional once I update the Arisaka site.

Downloads
    Uploads
    About to click the buy button on the Arisaka 300 series light and inline mount. I like that the Arisaka body/mount design allows for greater clearance with front sights than the Surefire M300C, and very much like the Malkoff products I own. BUT... I can't get it out of my head that the Malkoff is rated at 350 lumens versus the Surefire at 500. For those experienced with both lights, is there a significant difference between them in either throw or spill?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    About to click the buy button on the Arisaka 300 series light and inline mount. I like that the Arisaka body/mount design allows for greater clearance with front sights than the Surefire M300C, and very much like the Malkoff products I own. BUT... I can't get it out of my head that the Malkoff is rated at 350 lumens versus the Surefire at 500. For those experienced with both lights, is there a significant difference between them in either throw or spill?
    What distances are you going to use the light at? I find the Malkoff has decent throw and spill. Surefire is much brighter, but 50 yards in or indoors you likely won't miss it. Will has a good return policy as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The latest e1t heads have more throw (lux) than the 500 lumen m300c, but quite a bit less spill. The color is also cooler. Can't go wrong either way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    What distances are you going to use the light at? I find the Malkoff has decent throw and spill. Surefire is much brighter, but 50 yards in or indoors you likely won't miss it. Will has a good return policy as well.
    Thanks. I'm not a LEO or hunter. It would be for whatever SD situations requiring illumination might arise which isn't likely.

The latest e1t heads have more throw (lux) than the 500 lumen m300c, but quite a bit less spill. The color is also cooler. Can't go wrong either way.
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 18 December 2018 at 05:50.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What kind of run time can be expected from the E1T Malkoff Heads? I read from between 45-60min but i've also read that isn't exactly true. Just wondering what we can expect in real usage terms. Also any news on a Gen 3 E1T head. Read that the current ones are gen 2's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by theghost87 View Post
    What kind of run time can be expected from the E1T Malkoff Heads? I read from between 45-60min but i've also read that isn't exactly true. Just wondering what we can expect in real usage terms. Also any news on a Gen 3 E1T head. Read that the current ones are gen 2's.
    Generally, I've been getting about an hour. Gene's been working on a new head. Not sure when that'll drop though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by theghost87 View Post
    There was a spec bump and change to how the head connects to the body. 350 lumens and now conducts through the threads. We've been shipping the "gen 3" since....October at least?