Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Primary Arms Platinum Series 1-8X24

Introducing Primary Arms Platinum Series

Primary Arms Platinum Series rifle scopes are constructed with uncompromised craftsmanship, optical clarity. Fully manufactured in Japan's top factory. You choice of two new reticle designed specifically for this scope. Both give you a tight red dot like view at 1X and precision for long distance.

Tube Diameter: 34 mm
    Magnification: 1-8X
    Objective Diameter: 24 mm
    Ocular Diameter: 36 mm
    Exit Pupil: 11.7 mm at 1X, 3.0 mm at 8X
    Eye Relief: 3.98 in. at 1X, 3.86 in. at 8X
    Field of View:
    105.8 feet @ 100 yards at 1X
    13.25 feet @ 100 yards at 8X
    Click Value: 0.1 MRAD
    Elevation travel: 30Mil
    Length: 11.02 inches
    Net Weight: 26.45 oz.
    Red Partial Illumination
    Fast Focus Eyepiece
    Front Focal Plane
    Waterproof
    Nitrogen purged
    Fog resistant
    Fully Multi-Coated
    A5056 Aluminum
    Comes with High Quality Flip Up Scope Covers
    Made in Japan

Advanced CQB-MIL Reticle

ACSS 5.56 / 5.45 / .308 Reticle

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...ffp-ad-mil.htm

https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_...24ffp-acss.htm

MSRP $1,299
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm curious to see how this sells for PA. On one hand, very good price point for a 1-8, on the other hand, are people going to pay $1300 for a PA optic?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good question
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'm curious to see how this sells for PA. On one hand, very good price point for a 1-8, on the other hand, are people going to pay $1300 for a PA optic?
    I was thinking the same thing. Will be interesting to see how it does in the same price range as the Vortex Razor HD 1-6.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    The real question is can PA produce a good quality 1-8 for that kind of cash. My bet is no.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    The real question is can PA produce a good quality 1-8 for that kind of cash. My bet is no.
    That all depends on who is producing these for Primary Arms, and if its the same place that produces their other optics.

There are a lot of big companies that outsource production so just because it has the PA branding doesn't automatically make low quality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure it's a fine optic, but a little extra magnification on the top end isn't going to make me pick this up over a Vortex when the Vortex has a lifetime warranty and this is five years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be very interested but no way at that price. But I will keep an open mind. It may be a great scope. Who knows. I thought the same thing about the high end Bushnells when they first came out and I love my 1-8.5 now. Time will tell
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Downloads
    Uploads
    When the 1-6x24 PA is $270? It's hard to make the jump another 1k+ for 1-8. So far in the time I've had my 1-6, I am impressed with it, but for 99% of us, 1-6 does just about everything I need it to for a lot less money.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am thinking the same thing. PA made their name on quality "cheap" optics. Will be interesting to see if they can move up market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    interesting response from everyone. the way i see it is that yes its pricey but a lot of manufactures who make cheap optics also have higher end, nicer scopes. lets say weaver for instance, we know em as cheap chinese made scopes but they have some legit higher end long range scopes that people say are totally worth it. What I believe is that PA is moving on up in the industry. ACCS reticle seems pretty hot and now theyre paired with Trijicon ACOG's. This new PA 1-8 is being made in Japan so im going to give the benefit of the doubt that its going to be as good as [some] Nikon scopes. And lest we forget, Vortex scopes are made in china?
    Last edited by Liberal_Strong; 30 August 2015 at 23:34.
    IG: Sexual_Meatball

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I would be very interested but no way at that price. But I will keep an open mind. It may be a great scope. Who knows. I thought the same thing about the high end Bushnells when they first came out and I love my 1-8.5 now. Time will tell
    Didn't think about it till you brought up the Bushnell, but these two scopes may be made by the same people since both are made in Japan.

flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been watching them talk about this perticluar scope for a while, thought the price was honestly gonna come in lower, as their stuff is usually less expensive/good bang for your buck value..

Its a lot of cheese for a PA branded scope..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal_Strong View Post
    interesting response from everyone. the way i see it is that yes its pricey but a lot of manufactures who make cheap optics also have higher end, nicer scopes. lets say weaver for instance, we know em as cheap chinese made scopes but they have some legit higher end long range scopes that people say are totally worth it.And lest we forget, Vortex scopes are made in china?
    Weaver optics are primarily made in Japan now. Also, high-end Vortex scopes are also made in Japan as well. I'm 99% sure that I know which manufacturer these are coming from and they are an extremely competent optics maker with a long history in the US market.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BC98 View Post
    Weaver optics are primarily made in Japan now. Also, high-end Vortex scopes are also made in Japan as well. I'm 99% sure that I know which manufacturer these are coming from and they are an extremely competent optics maker with a long history in the US market.
    Oooo. That's nice to know. I hate how most of these guys don't list the place of origin on where its made. So the only times I've seen where they're from is if I saw it in person..so I'll stand corrected on anything I stated wrong.
    IG: Sexual_Meatball