Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Griffin Armament Snach

I see that Griffin Armament has a new charging handle...called the SNACH.

http://www.griffinarmament.com/SNACH...le-p/snach.htm

Supposedly this has a deeper lip on it, a gas groove, and a gas vent that is supposed to direct gas away from your face when shooting suppressed.

Since my suppressor is in jail still I can't really test it myself, but typically how bad is 'blowback' when shooting with a suppressor?

I am wondering if these charging handles are a must have or not and maybe get people's opinion who shoot suppressed a lot about this kind of product.

On the surface of it it sounds pretty good, but I am wondering if it's worth it to buy one in place of the Raptor I have now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would try your rifle suppressed first with the Raptor, then if you're experiencing to much gas give it a try. I wouldn't try to fix a problem that you may not have.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I would try your rifle suppressed first with the Raptor, then if you're experiencing to much gas give it a try. I wouldn't try to fix a problem that you may not have.
    That's one thing I don't have yet... suppressor problems LOL

In all honestly though I was going to get the suppressor and try it first and see how it goes... but in the mean time I am just curious about this type of charging handle and if it does or doesn't make a difference. Or maybe if anyone knows or has a valid opinion about it...or anything similar...

Downloads
    Uploads
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's one of my all time favorite movies.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    That's one of my all time favorite movies.
    I have never seen it... I don't even know what its about...

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's about fixing boxing matches and a gypsy boxer you can't understand when he speaks. It's a very funny movie, directed by Guy Ritchie. I highly recommend that you watch it.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels are just fantastic. RocknRolla also fun.

I bought An Armageddon CH for it's supposed gas venting. Solid construction, but the gen 1 not recommended for 300BLK so may try the Griffin when my can is paroled. CHs are getting to be like muzzle devices: a plethora of tasty choices.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I might need this!

Downloads
    Uploads
    One observation I had from shooting suppressed with the Avalanche last week. It has zero gas mitigation. When BCM redesigned the Gunfighter slightly, Paul said he didn't make the groove to divert gasses, but it may help. Well I'm here to tell you that groove vs no groove in the avalanche makes a huge difference. The gap in the middle of the avalanche really killed it for shooting that particular upper.

So someone buy the Griffin and put up a short review.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    One observation I had from shooting suppressed with the Avalanche last week. It has zero gas mitigation. When BCM redesigned the Gunfighter slightly, Paul said he didn't make the groove to divert gasses, but it may help. Well I'm here to tell you that groove vs no groove in the avalanche makes a huge difference. The gap in the middle of the avalanche really killed it for shooting that particular upper.

So someone buy the Griffin and put up a short review.
    Someone mentioned that to me when I was talking about the avalanche.. This confirms his thoughts and reason I'm using it in the Umbrella build..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks to be ported on the left, don't know how this will work for southpaws.

flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks pretty good. I think I would the idea of grabbing a fist full of snatch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are going to try to shoot a video pretty quick here. Ill post that when avaliable.
    Combat vet owned/operated company specializing in the design and manufacturing of industry leading silencers and firearms components. www.GriffinArmament.com PM for WEVO discount code.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    If the gas is ejected forward a bit, it should be fine for support side use. Otherwise, I dunno. I might choose "more all-over" gas than directed gas. Right in my FOV.