Downloads
    Uploads

Time to pop that SNACH's cherry

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post

Time to pop that SNACH's cherry

NICE!! Mine is still on backorder.

After you get some time behind it I would like to hear your impressions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    NICE!! Mine is still on backorder.

After you get some time behind it I would like to hear your impressions.
    You and me both. Sure does look nice in pictures though. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here are some comparison photos with the standard AR Charging Handle I've been using with RTV Silicone to block gas blowback.

On putting a light coat of Frog Lube on it and "installing" (if it can be called that) the SN-ACH, the latches offer plenty of real estate for singled handed (left or right) operation, wearing gloves, etc. Unused, it was noticeably smoother in the rifle than my factory CH that's seen quite a few rounds and should be worn in a little. It doesn't have the tendency to bind when drawing back with a single hand.

You can see the different geometries in the front of it where it meets the bolt carrier/gas tube...I'm sure the differences are purposeful, I just can't give any insight into that part of it other than showing the close ups so the changes over a milspec CH can be seen.

Hopefully I'll be able to shoot it soon...gonna try to go this weekend. I'll bring two rifles, because the 16" rifle it is currently in is equipped with a WAR adjustable upper receiver and already does a lot to cut down on return gas. I'll also throw it on a 10.5" suppressed with no adjustable gas system and give it a whirl.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Was able to shoot a magazine through my SN-ACH equipped AR today. Although this test is probably only valid for those who use adjustable gas systems, as I was using a WAR receiver as well. Couldn't bring multiple rifles or a variation of ammo/powders to see if some were dirtier than others creating some blowback, but the handloads I was shooting were using Alliant Reloder 10x powder. The combination of the adjustable gas, the SN-ACH (no RTV mod performed like the previous CH), and the relatively clean ammo made for an immensely pleasant experience. I was wearing sunglasses due to full sun/midday but I wasn't inhaling any gasses or getting hit in the face with anything at all

It was time I started using a quality charging handle and I was truly surprised how much of a positive difference it made in the feel of an operation as simple as "pull back and let go". Between the SN-ACH and my
    CMC flat trigger, dry fire practice will never be the same

Here is the test rifle in her full glory:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great post, would like to see a full review from you on the CMC and SN-ACH.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    My SNACH arrived today. First impressions are that thing is very solid. The machine work is stellar. The finish is stellar. It feels great in my hand. When my silencer breaks out of jail I will be able to do a full on test to see for myself how it works. My initial impressions are that just based on the quality of it alone it is great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    My SNACH arrived today. It feels great in my hand.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like I may have to add this to my SBR build.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm picking one up as soon as I get paid. My 16" WLV is gassier than my twins combined . Loking Forward to seeing how much change there is...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I'm picking one up as soon as I get paid. My 16" WLV is gassier than my twins combined . Loking Forward to seeing how much change there is...
    If it expels A LOT, it may be overgassed...what kind of gas block are you using?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    If it expels A LOT, it may be overgassed...what kind of gas block are you using?
    I'd have to double check cant remember off the top of my head. It is adjustable and its only when suppressed... forgot to add that but we are talking about a CH made for suppression

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I'd have to double check cant remember off the top of my head. It is adjustable and its only when suppressed... forgot to add that but we are talking about a CH made for suppression
    Lol I know but if it is a rifle that is extremely overgassed, I can't attest one way or the other how much bleed off it can handle. Might be fine, I just don't have first hand info

I don't mean that to sound like a "It's gotta be better than nothing!" Sale pitch because that's not how I mean it. Reminds me of a guy on arfcom getting opinions on a really bad suppressor brand that was cheap and when all the results came in (it's loud, poor CS, it'll fail, etc), the prospective buyer said "well it's gotta be better than nothing!" which is a horrible reason for buying anything, IMO, especially something expensive

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any updates from those that have been running SN-ACH? I'm considering getting one but would hate to overpay for SN-ACH that doesn't perform as expected...again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Any updates from those that have been running SN-ACH? I'm considering getting one but would hate to overpay for SN-ACH that doesn't perform as expected...again.
    I am picking up my silencer on monday. On Tuesday I can tell you for sure how the snach works with a suppressor. :)

I have had mine on my rifle for a while now and I can tell you that thing is built really well. I was using a Raptor before and the SNACH to me is even more solid than that. The Raptor is great too. I really like it and would recommend it to anyone. But the SNACH is built even better/beefier in my opinion.

I obviously haven't had the chance to see if it functions with a suppressor and all that but from a sheer quality standpoint you won't be left wanting anything more. If it sucked I would say so, but it doesn't. It's just been good and beefy and comfortable to use in my opinion.

I will know soon enough if it keeps gas out of my face. I will report back.