Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads
    I spoke with MI.

What did I learn?

They are a very friendly, and open company. They do not "weasel around" regarding what they can tell you and can't, and they don't throw out "It's proprietary" like they are scared I'm building a knock-off in my basement. In short, I would be happy to know they made money from me.

Now for the technical:

The tube mount (scope) has shown in informal testing <1MOA shift. I was told "shooting over and over the shoot n see stickers at 100 yards, boringly." Those are about 1", IIRC. I asked "If I have a 1/2 MOA shooter, ammo, and weapon, and barring environment, would you be confident saying that if I mount and unmount your QD optic mount correctly (index it forward, same slot, etc.) that I would never strike outside of a 1" circle at 100 yards?" I was given an emphatic "Yes".

The cross-bolt is stainless, and the nut is 4140.

The mount indexes mainly on the TOP of the rail. There was a big push from NATO to begin using the top of the rail as the main index point because it is the most "true" surface, and enhanced zero retention/return greatly, over a large sampling of rifles.

The adjustment nut is 12-sided, and I personally think that this is enough even for the most finely calibrated fingers, having myself owned ADM 6-point and 8-point products.

I personally cannot find a problem with the product, mentally, modelling it in my mind. It seems very well thought out, minimalist, and effective. I plan on buying one.

Oh, I did want to mention, the lever design used is tried and true.

I asked them about their price point, and shared politely my connotation of such. They fielded the question like a pro, and told me that they do not sponsor a bunch of shooters, etc. and so can sell cheaper. ADM vs. LaRue business model, basically.

Also of note, the Aimpoint M4 mount will NOT WORK with the M4s model due to the battery compartment UNLESS the lower 1/3CW spacer is used, and then it will work.
    Last edited by JGifford; 21 July 2015 at 06:57.