Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Midwest Industries New Optic Mounts

Midwest Industries is proud to release our own line of optic mounts.
    With quality in mind we are working to bring to the shooting community a high end mount for the most popular optics and accessories on the market.
    This is just the beginning, with more mounting solutions in the works.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well.... look what we have here....

Downloads
    Uploads
    that 30 MM mount looks interesting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks very Eotech.

This is a rough market to break into, though.

What does MI have to offer above ADM, Bobro, LaRue, and others?

I'm not picking, I'm just asking: "Sell me on your product".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Given the likely street price, these could be pretty compelling offerings.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post
    Looks very Eotech.

This is a rough market to break into, though.

What does MI have to offer above ADM, Bobro, LaRue, and others?

I'm not picking, I'm just asking: "Sell me on your product".
    Looks like their product offers adjustment for fine tuned QD, and less damage to your upper than Larue.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking forward to a comparison to ADM mounts. Sound awfully similar. Without some pretty special cheese the 30mm is unlikely to end my Bobro addiction.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Looks like their product offers adjustment for fine tuned QD, and less damage to your upper than Larue.
    Why should I buy an MI over an ADM? ADM has refined their product over the years, MI is using a relatively new 3rd party product.

I am not AGAINST the MI mount. I actually like what I see. However, liking what I see, and thinking well of a company, are not enough reasons to get me and many others to buy. I would like to see RTZ data, or know who is using it operationally, or what actual .gov contracts have been slated for it, etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Now that I think about it the more interesting product to me is the Aimpoint Pro Mount. I could get rid of those giant knobs from the side of my rifle and have what looks like a pretty decent QD lever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to see RTZ data, or know who is using it operationally, or what actual .gov contracts have been slated for it, etc.
    I understand what you're saying, but with that reasoning should people just buy KAC and FN rifles? I don't base my purchases on government contracts due to contracts often being awarded by politics. And I try not to base my purchases on who is using a certain product due to them being sponsored. I understand wanting to see more data and reviews of a new product though. Based on MI's reputation and my experience with their products, I would consider these mounts when I'm in the market for a new mount.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will certainly give these a shot. I agree they are no Bobro mount but I use a lot of AD and LaRue mounts also. They both have shortcomings with their lever systems IMO and if MI did a better job with theirs that's great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but with that reasoning should people just buy KAC and FN rifles? I don't base my purchases on government contracts due to contracts often being awarded by politics. And I try not to base my purchases on who is using a certain product due to them being sponsored. I understand wanting to see more data and reviews of a new product though. Based on MI's reputation and my experience with their products, I would consider these mounts when I'm in the market for a new mount.
    No, I don't care if so and so uses one, but what that DOES tell me, is that it at least went through SOME sort of testing. As it is, MI could have just pushed it out the door on a prayer. Now, I am not saying that happened, but I am also completely unfamiliar with MI, having never met any of their employees, or used any of their gear, or even seen any of their gear being used, except on budget builds. So I will be honest, my connotation of the MI name is that of a budget "this is cheap and works okay" type company.

Is my impression correct? Is it incorrect? I don't know. I am not pushing it as fact, I am simply stating how I feel on the matter and why.

I do like what I see in this mount, but I want some data. I'm going to give MI a call and see what I hear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say that MI's products are well priced but would not consider them a cheap product, maybe due to not spending as much on sponsorships. I have used several of their handguards and would say that the design and quality are as good as some of my higher priced ones.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I don't care if so and so uses one, but what that DOES tell me, is that it at least went through SOME sort of testing. As it is, MI could have just pushed it out the door on a prayer. Now, I am not saying that happened, but I am also completely unfamiliar with MI, having never met any of their employees, or used any of their gear, or even seen any of their gear being used, except on budget builds. So I will be honest, my connotation of the MI name is that of a budget "this is cheap and works okay" type company.

Is my impression correct? Is it incorrect? I don't know. I am not pushing it as fact, I am simply stating how I feel on the matter and why.

I do like what I see in this mount, but I want some data. I'm going to give MI a call and see what I hear.
    You have a perception of a company you have no experience with based on what you see on the interwebs. Fair enough, we all do that. I don't own any LaRue mounts and based on what I've read on the interwebs I never will. I'll put my money towards Bobro when I need a QD. However, I have a $60 PA Micro that currently rides a $70 Daniel Defense mount. I couldn't justify the price of a Bobro but would still prefer to have a QD mount. I will seriously consider this MI QD mount because the price point is attractive and I expect the quality will be quite good for the price because that is my perception of MI based on the one product from them I do own (a Lightweight M-LOK Free Float handguard). To your point, though, these are new products so there is very little 3rd party data on them (e.g., reviews) and I'm not in a hurry to replace my mount so I'll probably wait a bit and see what others say. But if I was in a hurry, I wouldn't really see buying a MI product as particularly risky, either (again, based on my experience and perception of the brand).

Overall, I am with GOST and don't consider MI to be "cheap", but well made and attractively priced. Frankly, I don't think the high prices of some of the brands out there really buy you anything above bragging rights so I'm generally attracted to no-frills companies like MI. Or maybe it's just because I'm from the Midwest? :)