Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock Question

Downloads
    Uploads

Glock Question

I have shot some, sold some when I had an FFL, taught classes with Glock owners attending.

Now, my sons have dis-owned me and my 1911 best-bud won't speak to me --------- I bought a Glock.

A member of a local gun trader group posted an ad for a Gen-4 Glock 21.

Less than 50 rounds through the factory barrel.
    Five 13 round magazines - four with Pearce +2 bases and one with a Vickers Tactical floor plate.
    Trijicon Big Dot Straight-8 Night Sights
    Enhanced Slide Release
    Enhanced Take-down lever
    Johnny Glock 3.5 pound competition trigger
    New in the box, never installed, Lone Wolf Threaded Barrel
    All factory parts included with factory box
    $650
    I set up a meet to look at the pistol - mostly for the threaded barrel capability. The Poseidon and Ti-Rant would work on it just fine. Anyway, the seller was a LEO in a neighboring PD, really nice guy. Internally and externally the Glock actually looked unfired NIB; so I believe his "less than 50 rounds" part of the ad.

Money and duplicate BOS changed hands and I brought it home.

20 pulls with a Lyman Digital Trigger pull gauge averaged 3 pounds 12.9 ounces. That confirmed the "competition" trigger installation; it is very crisp and clean, but lighter than the 1911's I carry.

So, I have a question for those that actually carry a Glock - either on duty or as a civilian with CWP:

Would you carry a Glock with a trigger that light, replace the trigger with another aftermarket trigger that has a heavier pull (which one), put the factory trigger back in, or just not carry it - range use only?

Also, please understand that I would never put a pistol into carry rotation without extensive range time for familiarization.

Only kidding about the boys and my friend - they understood when I mentioned the barrel.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads

Glock Question

I put a 3.5lb connector in every Glock I own. To me it's still heavy enough to put a little thought into it but not heavy enough that I feel like it's never gonna go off when I pull.

Ohh and congrats on joining the dark side. You'll like it here we have cake and pastrami sandwiches.
    Last edited by Dstrbdmedic167; 6 July 2015 at 11:38.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    pastrami sandwiches.
    Thanks -------- lovin' me some pastrami sammiches !!
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ones you go glock u never go back lol
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    Ones you go glock u never go back lol
    I feel the same way about auto correct.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I feel the same way about auto correct.
    Lol
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like the skimmer trigger in the Gen 4 that is the carry rotation. What I like most is that there is no more pre-travel and the reset is very crisp compared to the standard glock trigger. The big thing was getting used to the reset because it is different vs. the standard trigger. But the skimmer is pretty pricey compared to other triggers, it does however come with other internal parts that can be used to for maintenance later down the road since yours doesn't have that many rounds through it.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can shoot just fine with a stock Glock trigger, so I leave mine alone. While it's probably overstated, it doesn't make sense to me to add the additional potential liability of an aftermarket trigger. Save that for the fancy competition guns in your collection

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Comp - I'll do a Google on the Skimmer.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    I might be biased since I've carried a Glock for 25 years and gone though the armorer class a few times, but I leave my Glock triggers alone. Understandably, Glock factory instructors strongly discourage the use of any aftermarket triggers for liability and potential reliability issues. I like the trigger pull to be the same on my Glocks down the line; same on the duty Glock and same on the off-duty carry Glock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    I really like the skimmer trigger in the Gen 4 that is the carry rotation. What I like most is that there is no more pre-travel and the reset is very crisp compared to the standard glock trigger. The big thing was getting used to the reset because it is different vs. the standard trigger. But the skimmer is pretty pricey compared to other triggers, it does however come with other internal parts that can be used to for maintenance later down the road since yours doesn't have that many rounds through it.
    You're talking about the one by HSP correct? If that's the case, any gripes about it? It's pricey - but there are a few out there that are in the same ball park IIRC.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    You're talking about the one by HSP correct? If that's the case, any gripes about it? It's pricey - but there are a few out there that are in the same ball park IIRC.

Yep that is the one. I like it a lot, it kept all the aspects of the factory trigger I liked and fixed the things I didn't like. It is a duty/carry trigger, at 5.5lbs pull. Took all the slack out of the pre-travel, minimal creep to the wall, clean break and short precise reset. Combine the trigger and running the HSP drills I have seen a huge improvement in shooting times and groups.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You could get the NY1 trigger and see what it's like to work where I do! I've been curious about aftermarket triggers but only on a project/range Glock. My duty and off duty are factory triggers and I deal with them both.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Yep that is the one. I like it a lot, it kept all the aspects of the factory trigger I liked and fixed the things I didn't like. It is a duty/carry trigger, at 5.5lbs pull. Took all the slack out of the pre-travel, minimal creep to the wall, clean break and short precise reset. Combine the trigger and running the HSP drills I have seen a huge improvement in shooting times and groups.
    Good stuff. Figured the skimmer trigger was good to go. Finally glad to hear actual feedback about it. The HSP trigger is definitely an upgrade I'm looking at getting when I get my Glock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I carry several Glocks on a regular basis so I leave the triggers at the stock 5.5 ish. For my purposes that does the trick and all my triggers feel exactly the same.