Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stock integrated into the lower is...no. They have some interesting ideas, but for that much I'd just get an Au-2.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post

The B.A.M.F. EDGE is the next stage in the evolution of our breakthrough AR.

A series of subtle, yet substantial enhancements push the B.A.M.F. envelope to deliver even more precision, attitude and performance.

The B.A.M.F. EDGE offers optional barrel lengths, Cobalt Kinetics’ custom compensator and signature butt stock, and more.

Caliber:

.223 Wylde
    Not a fan. 5.56 NATO.

Ambidextrous:

Charging Handle Nothing wrong with that.
    Dual Drop Bolt Release Nothing wrong with that.
    45-Degree Safety Selector Nothing wrong with that.
    Mag Release Nothing wrong with that.

Upper and Lower Reciever:

Precision Machined 7075 Billet-Aluminum Nice, another 7075 rail on the market FTW!
    Custom Mated Pairs Nothing wrong with that.
    Beveled Mag Well Nothing wrong with that.
    Detachable Trigger Guard Nothing wrong with that.
    Nickel Boron BCG Nothing wrong with that.
    Threaded Pins This is actually really nice.
    Optimized Ergonomics That's up for debate...

Barrel:

16” Standard Profile Chrome Line Mid-Length Really?!? I assume this means .gov profile? Seriously? The whole damn thing is innovative (arguably), and they choose a barrel profile from the 1980's that has not got any science behind it being superior in any way?

Hand Guard:

Precision Machined 7075 Billet -Aluminum Free Floating M-lok Nice! Although the end...not a fan of them pokeys.

Muzzle Device:

Cobalt Compensator No. Worthless. Negative points, Griffindor!

Grip:

Hogue Overmolded Grip 1995 called...

Trigger:

High Performance Trigger Put a mil-spec in it and take $200 off. Or make a drop-down list. This is too debated.

Butt-Stock:

Cobalt Kinetics Rifle Stock Not a fan.

Gas System:

Mid-Length with Adjustable Low-Profile Block Not a fan of adjustable gas.

Price $2785.35 In-line with labor, tooling, and materials.

http://www.cobaltkinetics.com/#products

http://www.rainierarms.com/cobalt-ki...edge-brazed-16
    I would not buy one, but it does at least look innovative. Whether you LIKE that version of innovation or not is personal. The dual forward assists and the front half of the rifle make me shake my head, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The forward assists are also the dual bolt releases.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    The forward assists are also the dual bolt releases.
    I understand that, but why would you need a bolt release?

Well, to release the bolt, yeah?
    Who releases the bolt with a bolt-release?
    A person executing a mag-change, hmmm?

What do you do to change a magazine. Well, you grab it and cram it into the mag-well as a last-action. At that time, the same hand seating the mag releases the bolt. That is why the bolt release is where it is.

To use the BAMF system, you have to break-grip and weasel your thumb of your firing hand up and press the "forward assist". It's a terrible location, necessitating unnecessary movement that is counter-productive to the firing of the weapon immediately thereafter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JGifford View Post

What do you do to change a magazine. Well, you grab it and cram it into the mag-well as a last-action. At that time, the same hand seating the mag releases the bolt. That is why the bolt release is where it is.

To use the BAMF system, you have to break-grip and weasel your thumb of your firing hand up and press the "forward assist". It's a terrible location, necessitating unnecessary movement that is counter-productive to the firing of the weapon immediately thereafter.
    I agree with you on this. An extended bolt release from magpul, phase 5, or tactical link would have been a much more efficient addition over the dual forward assists. Hell I have a rifle with the phase 5 ebr and I still hardly ever use it because my current repetition of movement has always been to hit the bolt release with the thumb of my support hand after jamming a mag in. Currently only use the ebr when starting/ending my the range session on a cold rifle. And that is only because I am looking at it when I check to make sure I have a clear chamber.

Ergos are so user preference. If you look at all the pictures here on wevo of custom builds there are a wide variety of stocks, grips, handguards and these are all chosen because of what each individual likes the feel of. To say you made a more ergonomic rifle pretty much limits you to a very and I mean VERY specific user base. In this case they have limited themselves to only the people that are going to like that stock, that grip, and the feel of that handguard in there hands. Now cut that very specific user base in half because you priced the other half out of the equation.

At that price range I would just pony on up and buy a Nemo Arms 300 win mag in the AR platform.
    Last edited by Computalotapus; 28 July 2015 at 05:37.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads

I was just questioning your comments. First you comment about the dual bolt drop as "Nothing wrong with that" and then you state the dual forward assists make you shake your head. Seemed to me you had no idea the bolt release is integrated into the FA.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Stock integrated into the lower is...no. They have some interesting ideas, but for that much I'd just get an Au-2.
    It's not. It mounts like a A2 stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like they have a version with a standard buffer tube receiver extension on their website. The OD green version looks much better than the gold.....

that said, I'm mostly interested in the lower. they should sell just lowers....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I was just questioning your comments. First you comment about the dual bolt drop as "Nothing wrong with that" and then you state the dual forward assists make you shake your head. Seemed to me you had no idea the bolt release is integrated into the FA.
    Dual bolt drop can be useful at times, but it should be located near where the magazine change is occurring for economy of movement, and it adds no real weight or things to dig into you or get snagged in things. I was indeed unaware of the dual FA acting as a dual bolt-release, which is not good economy of movement, mass, or space.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dual bolt drop can be useful at times, but it should be located near where the magazine change is occurring for economy of movement, and it adds no real weight or things to dig into you or get snagged in things. I was indeed unaware of the dual FA acting as a dual bolt-release, which is not good economy of movement, mass, or space.
    I agree 100%. The bolt release being integrated into the FA seems to be what they are most proud of on that rifle but it honestly makes no sense to me.