Downloads
    Uploads

220gr 300 BLK Bullet Alternatives

Bear with what may be stupid questions. I'm just taking up reloading at 67 and the CPU
    in the old noodle doesn't process all that fast. I have the tools recommended by my mentor - a 60 year experienced neighbor. But he doesn't load for ARs much less sub-sonic.

So I would like opinions on what cheaper range bullets to bulk load for my 9" AAC suppressed. Preferably 220gr.*The Hornady 220 RN Pro-Hunter is the cheapest with decent AR feeding reviews I've found @ ~.28-.35/rd. about 40% less than Sierra HPBTs. I bought a couple boxes of Hornady 208 AMAX and may consider that as my main weight if a range alternative is significantly cheaper than the RN 220.

Also the only recommended powder in stock at my local Gunstop was Accurate 5744. What other powders should I keep an eye out for (besides dirty 1680)? *RE-7 and 4198 are the other two so far on my list.*

I paid zero attention to reloading for years because I thought you could only re-use a fired case once and the savings did not seem worth the effort. Uff Da, the cost of assumptions.

P.S. I have no idea why asterisks keep popping up.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads

220gr 300 BLK Bullet Alternatives

I know it's not exactly what you're looking but I've been using 190gr Nosler CC Blems from Shooters Pro Shop. I know SwissyJim does too. They're pretty cheap when available.

As for the powder you've pretty much hit the main three I look out for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. Great prices. I see they list a 220 too for .03 over the 190. Both OOS now. 1000 non-blems for $194.95 looks like a good deal too. I'll wait for a while to see what I can find in stock.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    buy when they have them! They are the best thing going for 300BLK subs... it actually makes plinking affordable.

Reloader7 (Re7) is my go to powder for the 190's. Other use 4227 which only works with 220g subs for me. And of course 1680.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good advice Jim. While 220 is my first choice I'll grab 190 blems if they come in stock first. I'm also going to load maybe 10% supers to practice with as I scarfed up some factory Barnes VOR-TX that is too painful to expend much on paper. H110 a good super powder? Other super preferences? These are low priority as I have ample reman 150 gr supply for the nonce. *

*Yes, I'm an aging English major. My lexiconic bucket list is to write at least once, the cool words I've read for decades but never personally used. More apt to do when sipping fine bourbon like now.