Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [See photo in post #26]

This view reveals something that I hadn't previously considered. Are we looking at an idiocyncracy associated with a prototype, or does the ACS storage compartment allow access from the right side only?

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    I noticed that a while ago..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe they did it because it was cheaper.. remember this one is cheaper than the UBR.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, storage is accessed from one side. I've got to say I strongly prefer that method. Cheaper to make, less to break or wear out, and its not like you are grabbing anything out of the storage section with need for great speed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Really you don't need 2 doors.. you wouldn't be opening the UBR compartments in combat.. plus it take a little effort to flip that latch.

However I do think it takes away from the appearance. I like the door or door removed look.

Hey Stickman, will the tube area be able to carry anything in it like the LMT SOPMODs? Looks like there's space there. Also looks like the top cover is removable.. is that for compartment space, or just cheek covers interchangability?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The tubes are built as battery compartments.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Yes, storage is accessed from one side.
    Roger, thanks. To be clear, it makes no difference to me one way or the other, and in fact, I think it makes perfect sense to go with a one-sided approach -- I was just wondering if what we were looking at was essentially a production-ready variant.

I suppose that begs the larger question that, when you're given Magpul prototypes for T&E, how much do they really tend to change before they go to full-scale production? It's easy to see the difference in early mockups, because they often have a much rougher surface and seem to be made from a slightly different compound. That said, the units that tend to show up in your photo exposes appear to be more street-ready, with little obvious differentiation from the eventual retail product. True?

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope these come out soon!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post

That said, the units that tend to show up in your photo exposes appear to be more street-ready, with little obvious differentiation from the eventual retail product. True?

AC

For the most part, I would have to agree.

legendchaser Guest
    You know, if you would retake the photo and include a cordless DeWalt or Milwaukee sawzall or drill I could frame the photo and be reminded of all my vices and dwindling bank account with one glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Yes, storage is accessed from one side. I've got to say I strongly prefer that method. Cheaper to make, less to break or wear out, and its not like you are grabbing anything out of the storage section with need for great speed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the way you think, LC. If a man's got to have his vices, I think yours are pretty much the ones to have. :)

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks great. Since I already have a CTR it makes me want Magpul to make a side saddle that locks into the holes on the side and has a slight cheekrest on top.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am ready to order one NOW. :)

Downloads
    Uploads

MrMojoRisin Guest
    On the regular AR stock you pull the latch down to install it, somewhat the same on the CTR and MOE.

How do you get enough leverage to install this new stock?

Remove the storage tubes first?