Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use a slotted screwdriver blade, and just twist the tab down. It makes it easier than trying to pull parts off, or grab it with finger on this stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 12131 View Post
    Looks great! Best of both worlds, imho, combination of the CTR and the SOPMOD/Modstock.

You forgot the hint of EMOD.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any chance of getting a pic referencing it from above? Trying to get a width estimate.
    Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Any chance of getting a pic referencing it from above? Trying to get a width estimate.
    Thanks.

Belloc,

Welcome to the board. I'll see if I can't shoot something that shows that view.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You probably could take a ruler and measure it for him.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the welcome. I have been coming here and reading your posts for awhile actually. Great information and pics. A shot from the back would work as well. Once again, trying to determine the width of the stock at it's widest point, from the edge of on battery compartment to the other.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think we're looking at something not too dissimilar to the SOPMOD (LMT) stock, profile-wise, but it would be interesting to see this in photographs.

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    I suspect Stickman can provide that if he has time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm shooting adwork right now, but I'll try to get it in.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder which I would like better.. the LMT SOPMOD or the Magpul ACS. I keep wanting to sell my SOPMOD since I went with the UBR, but I keep hanging on to it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No doubt about it: I'm a fan of the SOPMOD profile. It isn't a perfect stock according to the most evolved definition, but it still sets the baseline standard for that intangible "feel factor." Quality-wise, it's a rock-solid (if not especially refined) piece of kit that still rates top billing.

If the ACS can deliver a similar profile (and the evidence to date suggests that it will) along with the usual Magpul quality standard, I won't even waste my time making future comparisons. It already has a place reserved in my ongoing project, and that's based purely upon advance information and imagery.

AC

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    No doubt about it: I'm a fan of the SOPMOD profile. It isn't a perfect stock according to the most evolved definition, but it still sets the baseline standard for that intangible "feel factor." Quality-wise, it's a rock-solid (if not especially refined) piece of kit that still rates top billing.

If the ACS can deliver a similar profile (and the evidence to date suggests that it will) along with the usual Magpul quality standard, I won't even waste my time making future comparisons. It already has a place reserved in my ongoing project, and that's based purely upon advance information and imagery.

AC

AC,

I think you are dialed in, and I share you thoughts. The LMT SOPMOD sets a standard, and for me, the ACS replicates the cheekweld, while giving greater storage, locking cam, variable stock pads, and is coming in at $135.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just saw a pic of the ACS extended and it is not like the UBR more like EMOD.
    Is it true that when two cowboys kiss some where a horse dies? -me 2007-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the drool-pics, Stick!

Are there any provisions for QD sling swivels?

Downloads
    Uploads
    will the acs lock flush against the castle nut with a troy pro sling adapter mounted?