Downloads
    Uploads

H&K MP7A1 Review

The MP7A1 was neat. Somehow at one point I loaded it and the trigger didn't operate when on fire and the trigger was pulled. I took this as a sign I must not have charged it. I charged it- induced a double feed. Try pulling the magazine out of an MP7 with a doublefeed. VERY DIFFICULT- those feed lips have good purchase on the cartridge and the flush fit mag is tough to get a grip on.

Now in retrospect I realize the bolt must have been out of battery after the slide release was actuated, meaning the case hadn't engaged the extractor. At any rate, malf clearance is tough in that situation. Maybe this is a situation that would be reduced if the magazines were not fully loaded. We were working with a 20 round mag however, not exactly lavishly supplied with ammo.

The platform is very quiet at the shooters ear. Probably in the low 120's or below- I didn't meter it but that's a guess based on the comfort level. It's way more quiet than a gas operated AR. That gas in the eyes problem is pretty severe- in a mag dump I lost vision by about 14 rounds into the mag due to eye watering. One way to compensate somewhat is to really choke up on the gun and run it with your face pressed into the charging handle area.- putting your eye in front of that opening seems to help.
    Last edited by GRIFFIN ARMAMENT; 4 August 2015 at 08:09.
    Combat vet owned/operated company specializing in the design and manufacturing of industry leading silencers and firearms components. www.GriffinArmament.com PM for WEVO discount code.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    HK hate civilians
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting concept - odd caliber. Good review, thanks.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    HK hate civilians
    The German government does. HK follows their regulations because it is German based. They should probably take the firearms division and sell it to an American company, but then HK is rumored to be in debt up to their ears, so maybe HK is for all intents and purposes owned by the German government. That would certainly explain why something as logical as a move to the USA for the firearms division doesn't make sense or happen.
    Combat vet owned/operated company specializing in the design and manufacturing of industry leading silencers and firearms components. www.GriffinArmament.com PM for WEVO discount code.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by toolboxluis00200 View Post
    HK hate civilians
    I think this is an unfair over generalization perpetuated by the net. Just one man's opinion though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GRIFFIN ARMAMENT View Post
    The German government does. HK follows their regulations because it is German based. They should probably take the firearms division and sell it to an American company, but then HK is rumored to be in debt up to their ears, so maybe HK is for all intents and purposes owned by the German government. That would certainly explain why something as logical as a move to the USA for the firearms division doesn't make sense or happen.
    I hope the go USA less expensive stuff

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think this is an unfair over generalization perpetuated by the net. Just one man's opinion though.
    I forgive your opinion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a pretty good read for you, Luis.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Here's a pretty good read for you, Luis.
    Intesting thanks