Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul Billet Lower Receiver

Most people have probably heard about the upcoming Magpul billet lower receiver. This lower is a custom piece, and certainly looks different than most other AR15 lowers on the market.

Starting with the emblem, the Magpul emblem is clear, large, and looks sharp on the side of the magwell. Flipping the lower over, the magwell, is flared substantially more than a regular style lower receiver. Moving on to the trigger guard, its looks are familiar to those people who have used or seen the Magpul enhanced trigger guard. The Magpul billet lower incorporates this into the lower receiver as all one piece.

Little details such as set screws instead of rollpins make sure there is no confusing this with any other lower while you are assembling the pieces, of course this is making the assumption that you are the one building it.

With the limited number of Magpul billet lowers being released, I would imagine that they are going to sell out VERY quickly, many Magpul stocking dealers have had preorder lists going for months, and that is even without knowing what the price is, or how many units they will be getting.

Shown below is the side that quickly identifies it as a Magpul product.

Last edited by Stickman; 3 January 2008 at 21:51.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shown below is an assembled variant, shown with the following:

Magpul UBR

Magpul Billet Lower Receiver

Magpul Smoked PMAG/ TMAG

Magpul MIAD

Rainier Arms UM barrel (10.5')

ARMS 40L BUIS

Samson front folding sights

VLTOR VIS

Noveske KX3

Bobro VFG

KNS Take Down Pins

Eotech 553

Knights Armament Corporation UNS-SR (Universal Knight Scope- Short Range)

Last edited by Stickman; 3 January 2008 at 21:50.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This picture is similar to the above, but the optic has been switched out to a Trijicon Accupoint, and American Defense MFG mount. The magazine is the 20 round PMAG with PMAG Ranger Plate.

Note that the doors/ covers are on the UBR in this picture.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This picture shows the lower wearing a KAC upper along with the same USN-SR (which I just can't say enough good things about).

Downloads
    Uploads
    This picture does a little nicer job in showing the ambi-mag relase area which the lower is setup for. Its not pictured because I don't own one of the Norgon ambi units, nor do I have a pressing need for one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks really nice. What's all the text on the right side of the magazine housing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The right side of the magazine well has the company information, and in the case of the limited variants from Magpul, it also has the little Anime figure head on the side. The little figure denotes that it is one of the lowers which aren't sold by Magpul. Below is a quote from Richard of Magpul

These are not for sale and can only be given as a gift by Magpul for special deeds.
    In my mind, that probably makes these the most collectible of the collectibles, but no less any functional than any of the other Magpul lowers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha, that's pretty cool!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It would be a good collector piece.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    The right side of the magazine well has the company information, and in the case of the limited variants from Magpul, it also has the little Anime figure head on the side. The little figure denotes that it is one of the lowers which aren't sold by Magpul. Below is a quote from Richard of Magpul

In my mind, that probably makes these the most collectible of the collectibles, but no less any functional than any of the other Magpul lowers.
    Ok now im really curious, what'd ya do or who'd you save to get that lower?
    -Never trade luck for skill

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DepletedUranium View Post
    If he told you that he'd probably have to kill you...

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DepletedUranium View Post

Aside from being a full time city cop, I have the fortune to work with a lot of good people on a pretty regular basis.

The4thHorseman Guest

Availability???

I am seeing more and more pics of builds using these lowers. And per Stickman, there are lists already going for when these become available. Does anyone know which sellers have these lists going so I can get on one???

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The4thHorseman View Post
    I am seeing more and more pics of builds using these lowers. And per Stickman, there are lists already going for when these become available. Does anyone know which sellers have these lists going so I can get on one???

John Hwang is the owner of Rainier Arms, and a good friend, so I would point him out as someone I recommend on a personal level. This board never would have come about if not for his tech help. However, I should also point out that any Magpul dealer who has a FFL most likely has a list going, and I'm sure any of them would be more than happy to take care of you.

Downloads
    Uploads