Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    Interesting.. someone stated that they thought the Swarovski's 1-6 wasn't bright enough (on page 1).

I have a Eotech 553 with the 3x magifier.. works pretty well too. I sometimes put the magnifier with my T-1. :)

Wish they had Stickman's suggestion of add or remove magnifications at a flip of a switch.
    I feel its very bright and I have used it quite a bit. Used in one three gun match last summer where it was sunny no clouds in the sky. Recticle was very bright.
    Pat
    Colt M16/AR15/ 1911 & Glock Armorer.
    Certified Firearms Instructor & Urban Rifle Instructor.
    Completed SWAT Entry Team and SWAT Sniper courses.
    NRA Endowment Member
    IDPA Expert level shooter in CDP, ESP and SSP. USPSA B class

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that we'll see a switchable 1x to 3/4x (not variable) from Aimpoint very shortly. With the introduction of their magnifier and the mircros I think they're right on the verge of making it happen, and in a package the size of the M4 models.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh that would be cool.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by COOPER View Post
    Does anybody have any experience with the Elcan SpecterDR? I hear it's heavy and can't match the battery life of the EOTech...
    I have no personnel experience so discount this post if you like. Some friends purchased a few and didn't care for them because of zeroing problems. I'm not sure what the culprit was but operator error was a non-issue. They did however, like the overall design, illumination, and reticle layout. To the contrary though, others have had good experiences and absolutely love it.
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on Stickman's pictures.. I finally discovered the Trijicon Accupoint. Don't know why my eyes just skimmed over it.. even in this thread.

Well discover actually means bought..
    I figured out a new equation..
    Stickman photos = smaller wallet size.

So what about the TR24.. I'm tempted in buying one of those, but Googling it doesn't seem to come up with when they might release it.

Downloads
    Uploads

New optic that may change the landscape?

Reports from IOR are that this will be available with several mounting options, one being a twist off european style QD mount. Similar to the EAW mount. Also, the center dot is the only portion of the reticle that is illuminated and is 3-MOA.
    Last edited by Uglyduck; 1 May 2009 at 21:15. Reason: Additional Info
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    And coming in May, that's the optic at the top of the list for me at the moment. It's hard to decide to take a plunge sans reviews, or wait a bit and see some field results. I'm definitely excited to finally see some number on this one though!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's hard to decide to take a plunge sans reviews, or wait a bit and see some field results.
    I'm with ya. I'm curious about the battery life, reticle design, and mounting options. The space behind the turrets looks a little narrow. It certainly looks good on paper though. Well, besides the beef crammed into a little package. 23oz? Must be made of ultra dense unobtanium.
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yup, the weight has me concerned more than anything. My 16" middy weighs in at 8.4 lbs with a full mag, and 10 lbs will (in my eyes anyway) be a heavy dual purpose rifle. Regardless, I'm holding off entirely on any optic for the moment until I hear some feedback.

Funny, the space behind the turrets was brought up in a phone conversation last night about it. IOR's site does state it comes with rings of choice (low, mid, high), it would be nice to see how they've set that up.
    Last edited by GriffonSec; 1 May 2009 at 04:35. Reason: can't add without appropriate amounts of coffee in the morning, weight correction

Downloads
    Uploads

Another Addition

Similar to the IOR but a little lighter (3oz), red/green reticle, smaller FOV, and Horseshoe BDC as well. This is Ed of GRSC's design I beleive. The heading is a link. Oh yea, and its 1-6x.
    Last edited by Uglyduck; 1 May 2009 at 11:13. Reason: additional text
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why the hell are those things so heavy? The Leupold Mark 4 1.5-5x20mm MR/T M2 Illum. Reticle is only 15 oz.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a WAG but could the compact-ish-ness and larger diameter call for more of a heavier duty housing? I was flipping through the Midway catalog and noticed the weight on most 1-4x and was wondering the same....

UD- Interesting find....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Originally posted by Army Chief
    Sounds like what we need is a 1x-3/4/6x variable review/guide, as there appear to be more worthy contenters in this game than we originally may have thought.
    Any chance of reviving this idea?
    Last edited by Uglyduck; 1 May 2009 at 14:51.
    -Mitch-

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a little plug for Ed (GRSC). I have known him for 30 years. He has a passion for getting his scope vision into a practical reality and has worked on it for more thna 10 years. Many folks may not realize it, but he was the guy who first developed the receiver end plate single and double side QA sling attachment point. (He holds the patent on it.)
    He developed a single-point quick-release sling system back in the early 90's, quite a bit before they were common knowledge. He is absolutely reputable in all that he does. (Disclaimer: I have never and do not now have any financial interest in any of Ed's stuff; he's just a long time buddy.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have known him for 30 years. He has a passion for getting his scope vision into a practical reality and has worked on it for more thna 10 years.
    His drive seems to come from an understanding of the "boots on the ground" need for an optic than can do dual duty as a Type I and Type II optic, not the money. Very respectable.
    -Mitch-