Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    Anyone heard Disturb's new cover of The Sound Of Silence? So freakin' good.

Wow! This is amazing! I'd say one of the best songs I've heard from disturbed in a long time!
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Yea I'm into Like A Storm as well good stuff. My fav from them is still "Love the way you hate me."
    That's a good one too. I've been listening to a lot of Amity Affliction, August Burns Red kinda genre. I use Spotify a lot so it's a good way to come across new bands and songs I would have never heard of.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of covers, here's another solid one.

http://youtu.be/YIdCkBQKoE4

Downloads
    Uploads
    So this is the lastest song stuck in my head over the past week! I like harder rock as you can see...

That's The Spirit is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time. Until recently, I hadn't listened to BMTH since Suicide Seasons but I found their new album on Spotify a few weeks ago and I swear I've listened to it at least once a day for 2 weeks straight. True Friends, Throne, Blasphemy, Happy Song, etc... It's a solid album. I'm really digging BMTH's new sound as opposed to previous albums.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In honor of the great David Bowie, the title track from one of his most recent albums...

Your musical genius has inspired generations. May you rest in peace.
    Last edited by Deadwing; 13 January 2016 at 11:30.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Used to love BMTH
    Their original stuff was awesome, heavy and raw. Then theyou fell off and started that goofy melody singing garbage. I will have to check their new one out...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I missed the above quote but yea BMTH has been in the playlist for a while now. Still awesome to listen too. My new axel audio headphones have made it even better!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    Wow! This is amazing! I'd say one of the best songs I've heard from disturbed in a long time!
    I was just going to post the video... I'm a big Disturbed fan, and this version of Sound of Silence gives me chills every time I listen to it.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SwissyJim View Post
    I was just going to post the video... I'm a big Disturbed fan, and this version of Sound of Silence gives me chills every time I listen to it.
    Yea that's a great cover!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea that's a great cover!
    I concur. I think I listened to that version at least 30 times the day it was posted and who knows how many hundreds of times since.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here. Hairs stand up on the back of my neck in the latter part of the song, every time. I'm a huge fan of covers and this is probably my favorite one.

Not sure how to post videos, but some other good covers that come to mind are Shinedown's "Simple Man", Five Finger Death Punch's "House of the Rising Sun", and I, Prevail's "Blank Space". Definitely worth a listen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    even growing up, in the era of Disco and other regrettable music, any time that song came on, I'd FIGHT to keep the radio playing it. For whatever reason, I just love that song - it speaks to me for some unknown reason. And the second I heard this cover version, I bought the album. Good thing you really can't wear out a digital song
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh S. View Post
    Same here. Hairs stand up on the back of my neck in the latter part of the song, every time. I'm a huge fan of covers and this is probably my favorite one.

Not sure how to post videos, but some other good covers that come to mind are Shinedown's "Simple Man", Five Finger Death Punch's "House of the Rising Sun", and I, Prevail's "Blank Space". Definitely worth a listen.
    I love good covers too. Five finger death punch did great on house of the rising sun. I've heard a lot of covers of blank space but I think I Prevail has the best version so far.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was 17 when Sounds of Silence came out. It was so different from what else was charting. Not unique elements - folk, protest, and beat poets were familiar, but the combination with the ethereal harmonies were stunning.

Most people my age say music today is the pits. I think there is more good stuff out there than ever before. When there was just the Top 40, everyone had a common reference and directional change was obvious. Success was democratic but with few candidates nominated. Now you have to work a bit to filter the awful stuff, but you don't have such powerful gatekeepers deciding what is worth exposure. In this golden age anyone can post their music plus there is more old gold showing up than I can keep up with. Just this week I heard some live Big Bill Broonzy for the first time. (Been an admirer for 45 years) And the guy has been dead for almost 60 years! I am a big fan of live remote recordings where you can hear the stage patter and feel the audience's reaction.

I feel blessed to remember before rock when there was The Hit Parade, the excitement of Elvis in '56 and tracking through to the present. What a long strange trip it"s been.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been listening to A LOT of Opeth lately. Mikael Åkerfeldt is an incredibly versatile and brilliant songwriter. Mild and melodic one moment, heavy and brutal the next.

"It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ