Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'd like to get one more can this year. Probably going with an Omega myself, but I have 2 random Saker Mounts that I acquired and Roy from Weapon Outfitters is giving me a BE Meyers Saker Mount.

Maybe I'll just try to keep up with the rest of you guys and get that Griffin Recce 7.
    Does that be Myers come in a 762 version?

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Maybe I'll just try to keep up with the rest of you guys and get that Griffin Recce 7.

Do it. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does the recce 7 listed weight include the micro taper mount?
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought an Omega as soon as they were legal in MN. It's by far the most popular can we've sold at our shop.

If you don't need the added durability of the Saker for really short barrels, I don't see any reason to get one over the Omega.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    I think you might have a defective MAAD mount. I primarily use the ASR mounts on the Sakers because of my Specwar to move them around. However, I also use the direct thread on a bolt gun and the Trifecta on a 300 BO. I had similar problem with the Trifecta, whereas it would get loose after I ratcheted it down. It would take a lot of ratcheting as well. I had an extra Trifecta MAAD so I swapped it out. It locks up tighter than anything else I've fondled or used. It only took a few ratchets too. I have yet to send it back to SilencerCo and receive confirmation of the other being defective. I just haven't got around to it. Once you get a good Trifecta MAAD you'll love it over the ASRs.
    Received a new trifecta maad from Silencerco yesterday. Swapped it out. The new one has a completely different feel for the ratcheting effect. Very pronounced. It also seems to tighten up with less rotation, if that makes sense. Hopefully this solves the problem, but I don't have much time for going to the range these days with the newborn.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My son has kept me busy, but I finally got to use the new mount today. When I snug it up it feels solid, but after a single shot I can reach up and turn the can just a little bit back and forth. It doesn't rattle, but it will turn as much as the cutout for the keyed tab on the back end of the muzzle device allows. Snug it up (1 click), fire, and it's the same way again.

Also, POI shift with the new mount is basically the same on my rem 700 and 18" noveske, roughly 1" low with the suppressor on. My 11.5" is a completely different story. With the old mount it had almost no measurable shift. With the new mount the suppressor causes it to go 5" low and 5" left. No changes to the rifle at all. It also groups very well with/without the can. Weird on the shfit, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    My son has kept me busy, but I finally got to use the new mount today. When I snug it up it feels solid, but after a single shot I can reach up and turn the can just a little bit back and forth. It doesn't rattle, but it will turn as much as the cutout for the keyed tab on the back end of the muzzle device allows. Snug it up (1 click), fire, and it's the same way again.
    Weird to hear that you're still having a little wiggle. My Saker pretty much lives on my bolt gun and it ratchets on tight. Although its not like the gun sees firing strings and banging around like an AR. I also haven't cleaned the brake and let the carbon build up slightly. This may have filled in whatever gaps exist in the system and helped the seal.

For the OP: I agree with Carbon Scoring on the durability point. It looks like the big difference between the Omega and Saker is the length of barrel that Silencerco warranties. Performance between the two will probably be so close that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Downloads
    Uploads

Also, POI shift with the new mount is basically the same on my rem 700 and 18" noveske, roughly 1" low with the suppressor on. My 11.5" is a completely different story. With the old mount it had almost no measurable shift. With the new mount the suppressor causes it to go 5" low and 5" left. No changes to the rifle at all. It also groups very well with/without the can. Weird on the shfit, though.
    This is odd. I got the new mount a few weeks ago and mine is solid and have no issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does the recce 7 listed weight include the micro taper mount?
    The current recce 7 weight is 17.3oz. The minimalist brake weighs 1.8 or 1 oz in titanium.
    Combat vet owned/operated company specializing in the design and manufacturing of industry leading silencers and firearms components. www.GriffinArmament.com PM for WEVO discount code.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had the same problem with a MAAD mount. Silencerco CS told me to use a rubber mallet (to the side of the mount) to disengage the ring. They also sent me a new mount right away. The new mount works perfectly. Silencerco has some of the best customer service I have ever dealt with.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to derail the thread but has anyone had any hands on experience with the saker k?
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton