Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Omega-Saker Dilemma

So, I am looking at a multi use can. I originally was looking at the Saker 7.62 as an all around can for my 2 carbines, my future .300blk SBR, a .223 bolt gun, and quite possibly a .300 win mag when I upgrade from my .30-06. So that being said, I think the Omega will be the better all around can. It comes with a direct thread adapter for my bolt guns, and the ASR mount for my AR-15 rifles. Has anyone shot with both? Thanks for the input.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you plan on switching it around a lot, you'll probably want to use the ASR on your bolt gun, too.

Unfortunately I haven't shot an Omega, but I'm not exactly content with the Saker trifecta maad mount. It's not very consistent, getting stuck sometimes after just a few shots, or even shooting loose (never had it launch though). I use it 100% of the time, with fairly high round counts.

Kind of wish I had purchased it with the ASR maad instead. I may switch to it if I continue to have issues, but it's expensive and I would need 6 new muzzle devices as well.

Omega owners seem pretty happy, and the weight savings would be great.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was in the same boat as you two months ago. I have an Omega in jail.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm happy with my Sakers. I have two of the 762 cans and a Specwar 556. I'm able to swap all three around to all of my rifles. I can also put a 5.56 end cap on the Saker to make it even quieter. The MAAD mounts aren't cheap but the modularity and the versatility was key for me. The Saker is rated to handle a bit more than the Omega if you want to go real short. I think they are both real good cans so I don't think you can make a wrong decision. Besides......the damn things are addicting so I doubt this will be your last. Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tact, just how tight do you ratchet it on? I find if I tighten with one hand until just snug, shoot a few times, I can actually rotate the can on the mount a little bit before the ratchet disengages. Don't know if that makes sense or not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Tact, just how tight do you ratchet it on? I find if I tighten with one hand until just snug, shoot a few times, I can actually rotate the can on the mount a little bit before the ratchet disengages. Don't know if that makes sense or not.
    I think you might have a defective MAAD mount. I primarily use the ASR mounts on the Sakers because of my Specwar to move them around. However, I also use the direct thread on a bolt gun and the Trifecta on a 300 BO. I had similar problem with the Trifecta, whereas it would get loose after I ratcheted it down. It would take a lot of ratcheting as well. I had an extra Trifecta MAAD so I swapped it out. It locks up tighter than anything else I've fondled or used. It only took a few ratchets too. I have yet to send it back to SilencerCo and receive confirmation of the other being defective. I just haven't got around to it. Once you get a good Trifecta MAAD you'll love it over the ASRs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the input and help. I think I am going more towards the Omega anyways. Since neither of them will fit under my preferred hand guard, the one hand on and off for the Saker mount isn't a selling point anymore.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    Thanks for the input and help. I think I am going more towards the Omega anyways. Since neither of them will fit under my preferred hand guard, the one hand on and off for the Saker mount isn't a selling point anymore.
    Just get both.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    I think you might have a defective MAAD mount. I primarily use the ASR mounts on the Sakers because of my Specwar to move them around. However, I also use the direct thread on a bolt gun and the Trifecta on a 300 BO. I had similar problem with the Trifecta, whereas it would get loose after I ratcheted it down. It would take a lot of ratcheting as well. I had an extra Trifecta MAAD so I swapped it out. It locks up tighter than anything else I've fondled or used. It only took a few ratchets too. I have yet to send it back to SilencerCo and receive confirmation of the other being defective. I just haven't got around to it. Once you get a good Trifecta MAAD you'll love it over the ASRs.

I will agree bad mount mine has never came loose I tighten till ratchet noise stops I have had it get stuck but only if I try to take it off while can is hot

Check me out on YouTube and Facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Saker mount has always kind of off-put me. Seems a little TOO involved. Works well, but when it goes wrong..it goes REALLY wrong. I like the look/specs of the Omega without the anchor brake.

Recce 7?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm waiting to hear back from Silencerco. We'll see what they suggest. If they do offer to replace the trifecta maad I'll have to send it in, as I can't get the darn thing apart.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to get one more can this year. Probably going with an Omega myself, but I have 2 random Saker Mounts that I acquired and Roy from Weapon Outfitters is giving me a BE Meyers Saker Mount.

Maybe I'll just try to keep up with the rest of you guys and get that Griffin Recce 7.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm waiting to hear back from Silencerco. We'll see what they suggest. If they do offer to replace the trifecta maad I'll have to send it in, as I can't get the darn thing apart.
    I emailed them myself. That's odd that the MAAD won't thread off. Hope things work out. If I had an extra I'd send you one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    I emailed them myself. That's odd that the MAAD won't thread off. Hope things work out. If I had an extra I'd send you one.
    That was easy. They got back to me in less than an hour. New trifecta maad on the way. Jacob also told me to arrange the tools like garden sheers, and the maad came right off. For as technically inclined as I thought I was, that was definitely a "doh" moment. I'll blame it on the 3 hours of sleep I managed last night with the newborn. :)

UW, if I was purchasing today, I'd give the Omega a try. I almost bought one a few weeks ago to use on my rem 700, but reconsidered after thinking about what the wife might do to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That was easy. They got back to me in less than an hour. New trifecta maad on the way. Jacob also told me to arrange the tools like garden sheers, and the maad came right off. For as technically inclined as I thought I was, that was definitely a "doh" moment. I'll blame it on the 3 hours of sleep I managed last night with the newborn. :)
    Glad it worked out. I think you'll love it once you get the new one installed.