Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon MRO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, having spent some time this week with my MRO, I'll mirror a lot of what has already been said and griped about. The fisheye, glass clarity, are all true.

I have somewhat of an optimistic view on the optic though. This fits right between the Vortex SPARC's and Aimpoint T1/2's of the world. It's not as good as an Aimpoint and won't be replacing any of them, but for the price including mount I think this is a great deal for what the optic is.

The mount is usable, but definitely screaming for an ADM/Bobro/Scalarworks Upgrade. If the street price for a no-mount MRO gets down sub-$400, now we're talking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post

I feel like a Soviet refugee hitting an American grocery store for the first time. The selection of great optics in all price ranges these days is astounding.
    Not quite the same thing...lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Ok, having spent some time this week with my MRO, I'll mirror a lot of what has already been said and griped about. The fisheye, glass clarity, are all true.

I have somewhat of an optimistic view on the optic though. This fits right between the Vortex SPARC's and Aimpoint T1/2's of the world. It's not as good as an Aimpoint and won't be replacing any of them, but for the price including mount I think this is a great deal for what the optic is.

The mount is usable, but definitely screaming for an ADM/Bobro/Scalarworks Upgrade. If the street price for a no-mount MRO gets down sub-$400, now we're talking.
    If the aimpoint is the gold standard and there for a 10, what would you rate the MRO? I was planning on getting two MROs but now I'm having second thoughts as the difference between a t1 and an MRO is ~120$.

Downloads
    Uploads
    MRO vs Aimpoint carbine optic is a comparison I'd like to know about.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's a good point slippers. Not sure why I always forget about the patrol/aco

Downloads
    Uploads
    I mean the MRO certainly weighs less and is more compact. But the ACO is cheaper, has a bigger tube, and pedigree as a red dot.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I mean the MRO certainly weighs less and is more compact. But the ACO is cheaper, has a bigger tube, and pedigree as a red dot.
    I just don't see the deal with the ACO. the MSRP is too close to the PRO. With the PRO also on sale every other week from various retailers, it makes the ACO irrelevant. I think they should have just offered the ACO at the $329-$349 price point, or even offer it with no mount for $299 as I know a lot of us have extra QRP2 mounts laying around.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, I can see that at current pricing. But the pro is even better, and still cheaper than the MRO, and certainly doesn't have fisheye issues.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I just don't see the deal with the ACO. the MSRP is too close to the PRO. With the PRO also on sale every other week from various retailers, it makes the ACO irrelevant. I think they should have just offered the ACO at the $329-$349 price point, or even offer it with no mount for $299 as I know a lot of us have extra QRP2 mounts laying around.
    I have wondered this same thing ever since they announced it. Doesnt seem to make sense to me.
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought an ACO, but only because i got a great deal on it ($345 shipped if i remember correctly). I find the ACO to be functionally equal to my PROs in every way (i don't have night vision, so i don't miss the NVG settings). The non-QD mount is lighter than a QRP which is a plus, and the lack of lens covers wasn't an issue for me since i had a spare set sitting around collecting dust.

To compare the MRO to the ACO/PRO might be a bit unfair since i don't have any trigger time with the MRO yet. But, i do have it mounted on an upper and have played with it a bit. The MRO is a nice optic, and definitely fills a gap in the market, price wise. Performance wise, the dot is bright and clear even in direct sunlight, the top mounted brightness control is nice, even for a righty, as it allows for easy adjustment of the brightness with ones support hand, but only time will tell if the MRO will match Aimpoint in the durability department. Overall, in my opinion, i think the Aimpoint PRO offers a better value if you can live with the larger, heavier optic. But if the MRO hold ups well in the long run, i think it'll do well to fill the gap for someone who has ruled out optics like the PRO and absolutely has to have a micro red dot from a company with some combat heritage, but doesn't quite have the coin for a T-1 or T-2.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    If the aimpoint is the gold standard and there for a 10, what would you rate the MRO? I was planning on getting two MROs but now I'm having second thoughts as the difference between a t1 and an MRO is ~120$.
    So far I'd give it a 7

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have not put 300,000 rounds down range with it and stormed 3 Iraqi bunkers your opinion does not mean shit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After using the MRO a bit, I am liking the 25mm vs the 22mm objective lens. Makes me wish Aimpoint Micro's would be larger.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    So is this thing worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk