Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon MRO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I have an issue with people representing themselves as something they arent and then they schill products because of dollar signs not actual experience of use. Or did we forget he has a whole line of lip balms and what not?

Plenty of "industry celebs" shouldn't have the following they do, but we dumb consumers put these people on these unquestioned pedestal.

As I posted in other threads elsewhere....you dont see Paul Howe or Kyle Defoor schilling everything under the sun and making these bullshit "reviews" of a product. That day at the range is tantamount ti nutnfancy's reviews, lots of talk, says nothing about the actual item or how it will work for you and me.

Im gana do an opinion piece on this type or review nonsense, its getting out of hand.
    Hate to see you when you really get mad.
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an issue with people representing themselves as something they arent and then they schill products because of dollar signs not actual experience of use. Or did we forget he has a whole line of lip balms and what not?

Plenty of "industry celebs" shouldn't have the following they do, but we dumb consumers put these people on these unquestioned pedestal.

As I posted in other threads elsewhere....you dont see Paul Howe or Kyle Defoor schilling everything under the sun and making these bullshit "reviews" of a product. That day at the range is tantamount ti nutnfancy's reviews, lots of talk, says nothing about the actual item or how it will work for you and me.

Im gana do an opinion piece on this type or review nonsense, its getting out of hand.
    I agree with what you said. But I could care less about marketing or who is hawking what. That is exactly why I said I could care less if that guy ran it or not in the first video. Who gives a shit what his opinion on it is. I liked seeing the comparison of physical attributes to the Aimpoint and that's it.

I do find it very humorous that first you rant about his review for not actually using it then you rant about not using it enough. Maybe we can send him to Iraq for a few months and really give you the low down on it. LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    I agree with what you said. But I could care less about marketing or who is hawking what. That is exactly why I said I could care less if that guy ran it or not in the first video. Who gives a shit what his opinion on it is. I liked seeing the comparison of physical attributes to the Aimpoint and that's it.

I do find it very humorous that first you rant about his review for not actually using it then you rant about not using it enough. Maybe we can send him to Iraq for a few months and really give you the low down on it. LOL
    Or....trijicon send it to LEOs in the field who do "work" to use and fill out a review set of paperwork.

Wow what a concept.

I could care less about what someone's experience with something in iraq is, no one here lives there, so thats that.

Point is, one day on the range and hes an expert on the matter? Dont think so.

...and while you and I may not care, you have thousands of arfcom troll types that take his word as gospel. Knowing that alone should give anyone who isnt an ignorant person pause and lose some respect for someone who does that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shill or not, Haley has the experience to look at something like this and make an educated determination. Say what you will about the man, but he's well-educated and has a lot of experience with firearms and their accessories.

When a new computer part comes out, I can look at it and instantly determine its utility. I don't have to physically put my hands on it or use it in most cases. I just have that much background in the industry. It is possible to make an assessment of something without having used it first.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Shill or not, Haley has the experience to look at something like this and make an educated determination. Say what you will about the man, but he's well-educated and has a lot of experience with firearms and their accessories.

When a new computer part comes out, I can look at it and instantly determine its utility. I don't have to physically put my hands on it or use it in most cases. I just have that much background in the industry. It is possible to make an assessment of something without having used it first.
    I am not saying anything ill of his experience, so lets not even look in that direction.

What I have been pointing out is that looking at something and knowing how it will perform over a span of time under hard use (ie; what its designed for) without actually doing it are directly opposite of what he did, which is do a "review" based on first impressions and one day at the range.

There have been plenty of examples of items that came out of the box looking like they were going to work excellent and did not meet their expectations under hard use, with haley, its been one after the other....the incog....d3 rig.....etc

Unlike the technology/computer industry, worst case scenario for an end user is that he buys a graphics card and his computer bottlenecks because other issues he didn't consider, giving him 50fps instead of 60fps in call of duty. In the tactical industry, some LEO/MIL probably bought the SRS or Eotech thinking its the best thing since sliced bread because *insert name here* recommended it (without actually using it in the capacity he is going to) and then got himself into a situation where the optic shit the bed, putting him in a very real dangerous situation.

We should expect more from the people we as consumers buy into in this industry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lmfao at the send them to LEO's. I find about 1 out of every 100 LEO's actually have half a clue about firearms.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lmfao at the send them to LEO's. I find about 1 out of every 100 LEO's actually have half a clue about firearms.
    Yeah, I doubt less than 0.01% of LEOs are like Voodoo or some of the other guys on wevo. I have two friends locally in Raleigh PD and one avoids shooting as much as possible, and both tell me that the only "gun guys" are on swat.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I should have added "vetted and trusted" to that, my apologies.

There are plenty of people who will actually have use for the things that these companies produce in the capacity which will work for everyone involved. The companies do not want to get involved in doing that because it opens them up to the inevitable "bad review" that is so illusive from the types of people they send these items to.

One of the reasons I credit Samson MFG and their Operation-X program. They send stuff free to people who will use them and all they have to do is include samson's name when they post about it, most of which have done reviews or will do review of their items....Pretty smart on their end.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Yeah, I doubt less than 0.01% of LEOs are like Voodoo or some of the other guys on wevo. I have two friends locally in Raleigh PD and one avoids shooting as much as possible, and both tell me that the only "gun guys" are on swat.
    That's about right.... in our department, we have days where you can come to the range and shoot as much ammo as you want, all day long.

Out of 350+ Officers, you might get 15 guys to show up.

Out of the 15-20 guys, maybe 5-10 are really into shooting, guns, gear, ect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    That's about right.... in our department, we have days where you can come to the range and shoot as much ammo as you want, all day long.

Out of 350+ Officers, you might get 15 guys to show up.

Out of the 15-20 guys, maybe 5-10 are really into shooting, guns, gear, ect.
    Let me guess those guys aren't SWAT or anything like that right?

The guys on our tac teams are as far from SWAT as I am from a white collar crime investigator, they can clear a room, sure, but stick anyone with street experience in a Michelin man suit and give him a few weeks of swat school, they'll be able to do it too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ask stickman he has one
    $300 and 10 Pastrami Sandwiches and a case of Diet Coke. ( UWone77)

Downloads
    Uploads
    1. tact - absolute
    2. Vdm - absolute...vodka?
    3.SINNER absolute
    4.Uffda - absolute
    5.2ATA - 1/3
    6. restfortheweary- absolute
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are so inclined post up where you are going to get one from or PM me if its LE-specific
    I would like to hop on this wagon as well. I know Im a little late to the game on this thread but like others have said its the objective lens size thats pulled my eye!
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's one from Sentinel Concepts' Steve Fisher.

DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by restfortheweary View Post
    1. tact - absolute
    2. Vdm - absolute...vodka?
    3.SINNER absolute
    4.Uffda - absolute
    5.2ATA - 1/3
    6. restfortheweary- absolute
    7. Farva- absolute
    Thanks
    I guess I should have read the entire thread before I posted. Im in though.
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton