Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon MRO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah...Trijicon chose a poor component for the battery clip. The tabs that hold the battery can get stuck in the ridge that runs around the edge of the coin cell on the underside, and then when you press down, they get destroyed.

This is the backside of a 2032:

When you press it in, you have to make sure the little tabs in the MRO are around the outside of the entire casing.

It's user error, exacerbated by poor component choice.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you can screw up a 500$ "military grade" optic by pressing in a battery a little to firmly, something's wrong there

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    If you can screw up a 500$ "military grade" optic by pressing in a battery a little to firmly, something's wrong there
    Simply pressing it in firmly isn't the cause. It's not paying attention when you first put the battery in, followed by pressing it firmly. :)

You can do the same thing on an aimpoint or any scope using a coin cell if you're not careful. Trijicon just chose a pretty poor battery clip which makes it easier to screw up.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    Simply pressing it in firmly isn't the cause. It's not paying attention when you first put the battery in, followed by pressing it firmly. :)

You can do the same thing on an aimpoint or any scope using a coin cell if you're not careful. Trijicon just chose a pretty poor battery clip which makes it easier to screw up.
    Ahh gotcha that makes a lot more sense. Originally when I heard about this It sounded like there was a good chance you'd screw it up every time a battery change was necessary.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got our MRO, doing a review on it and there are a few things that I've noticed, not really issues but there. The blue tint isn't as bad as I thought but colors are defiantly "muted" through the optic. Reds aren't as red, browns are duller and so on. I am surprised there is as much magnification for a "1x" optic. Its noticeable and shows there is some parallax. As noted the battery connector could have been more robust.

Will this be the Aimpoint Killer that is was hyped at, who knows. There is some to like as well, the glass is clear, the dot looks good and is bright as expected. Durability overall Im guessing is good but since I am not getting free stuff I wont be torturing it. The knob is easy to use and the user view is pleasant. Time will tell, shooting it in an indoor carbine match tomorrow to start and then go from there. We will also see how it does in the cold this winter. I am really digging the mount from Midwest Ind, their QD mounts are really impressing me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure I agree with the battery spring comments. Carelessness is carelessness during install and no matter the design someone will trash it. All my Steiners and my S&B use the same style retainer and I've never damaged one during a battery swap.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anyone found a lens cover solution for the MRO?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got my mro mounted to my rifle today. I havent shot it yet, but I really like it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by psybain View Post
    Just got my mro mounted to my rifle today. I havent shot it yet, but I really like it.

Nice setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks. Only thing left to do is upgrade the trigger to a giessele.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Reviving this. Does it bug anyone else that the windage and elevation adjustments are not covered? Yesterday I noticed that with just thumb pressure I can twist the exposed dials. I can see the zero inadvertently getting screwed up with gear hitting it just right. This makes no sense on an optic that is supposedly developed for LE/Mil/Defensive applications.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Reviving this. Does it bug anyone else that the windage and elevation adjustments are not covered? Yesterday I noticed that with just thumb pressure I can twist the exposed dials. I can see the zero inadvertently getting screwed up with gear hitting it just right. This makes no sense on an optic that is supposedly developed for LE/Mil/Defensive applications.
    IMHO I just don't like the MRO. It offers nothing over the Aimpoint except a 3mm increase in the lens.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I haven't had any issues so far, but I havent taken it to a class or anything yet. It would be nice if they were slightly recessed though. The main thing I wish it had was a more positive click when making adjustments.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by psybain View Post
    The main thing I wish it had was a more positive click when making adjustments.
    Agreed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    IMHO I just don't like the MRO. It offers nothing over the Aimpoint except a 3mm increase in the lens.
    I would look at it as the Aimpoint offers very little over a MRO at almost a third more retail cost.

One thing I can say is on my two MRO's, one has a more defined feel for the detents when adjusted than the other.