Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon MRO

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'm sure I can get RA to do one if we have enough interest.
    In that case...

lets see who is down for one of these 100%

1. voodoo_man
    etc

fill in your names

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was in at first sight.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    In that case...

lets see who is down for one of these 100%

1. voodoo_man
    2. tact
    etc

fill in your names
    I'll bite.

Downloads
    Uploads
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Trijicon engineers built and tested...."

Doesnt give me confidence about their testing.

These companies need to start putting this stuff into hands of people who dont have invested interest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - - Albert Einstein

Downloads
    Uploads
    This looks great, but so did the SRS ... we shall see. I hope it's as good as it looks. Aimpoint needs some real competition.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Common guys, I know a few of you want this, commit so we can get a worthy price (hopefully)

1. voodoo_man
    2. tact
    3. 2ATA
    etc

fill in your names

Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess I need to know what the price will be and what mount it comes with before I can commit $500+ for one.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfilmmaker View Post
    Larger reticle? I'm new to the AR and I hope to "eventually" get an optic after I finish building it. This Trijicon looks like it may be a good option. Is 2MOA too small? Is it a personal preference. I picked up a 4MOA red dot the other day and it didn't seem too big. No experience yet, so thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with Uwone on this one. After running around shooting my AR for a bit the next one I do will be for 'up close' work... which based on my relatively new guy observations here is what I observe about the whole optic thing. A lot of people talk about these little 1 MOA dots like they are a good thing... which they can be depending on your goal, but if you are going to be running and gunning or even want to be able to get on target a lot faster then a bigger dot is much better. It won't offer pinpoint precision but that is not the purpose of such an optic. As I ponder building an SBR (more specifically how it all goes together) I am thinking 4 MOA would actually be the minimum for a 'fast acquisition' gun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I guess I need to know what the price will be and what mount it comes with before I can commit $500+ for one.
    Same here. Very interested tho

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use 4, 2 and 1.75 MOA RDS. I actually do the best with the 1.75 due to it having a 38mm objective lens. The size of the dot from my experience isn't that big of a factor, the FOV is however for me.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I use 4, 2 and 1.75 MOA RDS. I actually do the best with the 1.75 due to it having a 38mm objective lens. The size of the dot from my experience isn't that big of a factor, the FOV is however for me.
    Yep. You're thinking the same way I am thinking. The right combo between FOV and dot size... I haven't done a lot of hands on looking but that is how I am seeing it.

That said (for me) when I do my SBR I don't think I will be magnifying the optic. I haven't given much thought to it but initial impressions are probably not. My initial impressions have been wrong before but so far that's how I am leaning.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When picking an RDS it would be best if you could get time behind the ones you're interested in before picking one. My favorite RDS by far is the one with the worst reviews.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    When picking an RDS it would be best if you could get time behind the ones you're interested in before picking one. My favorite RDS by far is the one with the worst reviews.
    Absolutely. I won't buy a high dollar optic until I've tried it and at least taken it for a spin in the bright light. As I get more into it I am sure I will pester everyone with more questions

For my initial 'vision' of an up close gun (100yards and in), on one hand I like 5.56 because I don't need any special ammo... on the other I like the super quiet of the 300 BO. It looks like I have to build both.

As for the actual optic, the thought is to have a both eyes open style with a lot of eye relief. I want to minimize losing the dot. Where that path takes me, I don't know.