Downloads
    Uploads

Federal 62 Grain Fusion vs Federal 62 Grain Fusion MSR vs Speer LE 62 Grain Gold Dot

Federal 62 Grain Fusion vs Federal 62 Grain Fusion MSR vs Speer LE 62 Grain Gold Dot

The muzzle velocities shown in the tables below were obtained back-to-back during the same chronograph session using recent lots of all three of the Fusion/Gold Dot loads chrongographed.

Atmospheric Conditions

Temperature: 73 degrees F (plus or minus one degree)
    Barometric Pressure: 29.68 inches of Hg
    Humidity: 62%
    Altitude: 950 feet above sea level

Muzzle velocities from a 20” Colt M16A2 barrel with a NATO chamber, chrome lining and a 1:7” twist.

Muzzle velocities from a 14.5 Noveske N4 light barrel with a NATO chamber, chrome lining and a 1:7’ twist.

10-shot groups fired from one of my precision AR-15s with a Lothar-Walther barrel with a 223 Wylde chamber and a 1:8” twist. The groups were fired from the bench at a distance of 100 yards with the same sight settings on the scope for each of the three groups.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was talking with my neighbor a couple days ago about the two Federal offerings shown here when he asked about what I use in my home defense set up. I previously used 64gr Winchester Power Points but didn't like how easily the large soft points could be damaged so I switched to a 77gr OTM/Mk262 equivalent but the data is good to continue the conversation I was having

It also looks like velocity does not necessarily equal accuracy