Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No pictures yet because the Noveske lower is still in the mail (I hope *cough cough*), but y'all have seen all the parts I'm sure on the accessories page.

Little background, I've always been a Noveske addict, but could never justify spending that kind of $ on a complete…so this is simply my interpretation of a Noveske build, so don't get your panties in a bunch if EVERY part isn't Noveske (however most parts are sourced from the same place noveske would but w/o their 30% up-charge)

Upper:

Receiver is a Vltor Mur 1s (without F/A)

Rail is a Noveske 13.5 NSR

Barrel is a BCM CHF LW 14.5 Middy

GB is a BCM GB that will soon be pinned to barrel.

Muzzle Break is a Lantac Dragon that will also soon be pinned.

Gas tube was a ST melonite middy tube … but I'm 99% sure it will be switched out before build for a V7 extreme gas tube just for added insurance…

Charing handle is a Noveske branded Raptor

BCG is either gonna be a Fathom Nitride or BCM BCG just depends on how well the fathom does during torture testing…

Not yet decided (or bought) an optic, either be a H1, Pro , or SRS. Still need to do more research but leaning towards H1 so far just because of insane battery life and almost bomb proof…

Lower:

Receiver is a Noveske Gen 2

Trigger is either the Elfman 3gun flat bow or the Geiessele SSA-E Just gotta see how well the elf trigger does under torture conditions… afraid it might have to be babied, while the G's are almost bomb proof…

Entire buffer system is Spikes buffer kit only thing changed out is the endplate is the Noveske QD, and a sprinco spring

Parts kit was hardly used but was UCWRG featuring a SICK stipple job on the G23 by BattleCock with the Noveske cross

yes its nerdy but I have the Noveske takedown pins for it…

Safety is a Noveske 60 degree SINGLE sided

Stock is a B5 sopmod bravo

Sling is a VTAC upgraded by IWC and for extra strength (not like it needs it) my wife is gonna box sew the QD's onto it.

Still undecided on which torch and mount because I want something tough, but still fairly lightweight. Any suggestions?

Also undecided on a handstop/vg. Probably either the IWC or the BCM VG shorty

And finally it will be cerakoted by BDL in Kryptek Mandrake to match a certain pistol & holster

Point of the rifle is to have a rifle I know that is unlikely to fail me but still be light enough to have slung when I'm walking around the property without being a nuisance. If I can get it sub 7lb with optics and sling i'll be stoked :D

Will replace some parts as $ allows to V7 LW stuff to bring the weight down… but thats down the road, hoping their BN will fit the NSR...
    Last edited by DutyUse; 17 January 2015 at 17:25. Reason: bad links

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks like a hell of a build thread beginning duty.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    That looks like a hell of a build thread beginning duty.....
    Plan on making it a fairly detailed pictured "how-to"…. will have to see. My 2 year old daughter is always 100mph in and out of my build room so gonna try and work on the gun and photo at the same time after she's asleep…

Same for the other 3 builds I have kicking around, all missing 1-2 small parts… Wish either the days were longer or there was two of me, bc there is WAY to much to do and not nearly enough of me to go around for family, work, farm chores, dogs, church, builds etc etc etc

Downloads
    Uploads
    DutyUse- sounds awesome can't wait to see it!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Plan on making it a fairly detailed pictured "how-to"
    Would love to see this come to fuition.

Like everyone else has said - sweet build. Especially the future BDL job. Could you possibly make it any more perfecter

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    No pictures yet because the Noveske lower is still in the mail (I hope *cough cough*), but y'all have seen all the parts I'm sure on the accessories page.

Little background, I've always been a Noveske addict, but could never justify spending that kind of $ on a complete…so this is simply my interpretation of a Noveske build, so don't get your panties in a bunch if EVERY part isn't Noveske (however most parts are sourced from the same place noveske would but w/o their 30% up-charge)

Upper:

Receiver is a Vltor Mur 1s

Ok, looking at the VLTOR link and I read this:

This more rigid upper receiver will increase accuracy...
    I don't believe that, but would entertain arguments supporting the claim.

Downloads
    Uploads

Explain your AR15 layout...

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Ok, looking at the VLTOR link and I read this:

I don't believe that, but would entertain arguments supporting the claim.
    Reason I chose this upper was noveske used a noveske branded mur but with f/a.... I always wished they'd have offered this option so I made one with it

Better accuracy? Dunno. Sure wouldn't hurt. Didn't buy it for that tho, trying to shave weight wherever possible

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post

Well the build project has come to a close. From planning and researching all the parts, making lists then remaking lists to expense spreadsheets being revamped half a dozen times it is officially closed. There are a ton of people that has helped this project come together. The most important of those is my wife Christina, without her none of this would have been possible at all. I want to thank UWone77 for the donation of the Iron Viper USAF Forward Assist. I have to thank Jennifer over at CMC Triggers for working with my wife and getting this super sexy flat 3.5lbs trigger. The crew over at Battle Arms Development and Rainier Arms for dealing with me placing orders every week. So without any more hee-hawing around let's get down to the what and why…..

At the butt end I wanted something light and something minimal and the Mission First Tactical Minimalist stock fit the bill perfectly. I ordered from Rainier Arms and at the same time paired it up with your standard Buffer Tube, Buffer Spring, and H1 Buffer. You can't beat the deal when you bundle this up. I will make my own paracord strap just need to get a nice D-ring with QD attachment will do the paracord in crimson red and silver.

I already had the Vortex Sparc and decided to use it on this build. Vortex makes a quality RDS that doesn't break the bank and it comes with a "No-Bullshit Warranty".

For the grip I wanted to try something different and so far I am really liking the way the Mission First Tactical Engage Pistol Grip (EPG16). It is just barely thicker than the Magpul MOE that I am used to and it feels just slightly more vertical but doesn't look like it is.

I could have picked a less expensive receiver set but since this was going to be my 2-Gun competition rifle I decided to go with some top-notch sexy as all get out NorthTech Defense Billet receiver set.

I think in my mind Rainier paired up with AXTS and they knocked it out of the park with the Raptor charging handle. If the build is going to be my rifle I would not want to use any other charging handle on the market. I love the functionality and the simplicity of the design and it just works and I mean it works.

Ares Armor has probably the best deal on the market right now for NiB BCG's that was a deal I could not pass up. Upon arrival and inspecting this I feel like I need to phone up Ares and give them some more money cause I feel like I practically stole this from them and just left a tip.

Battle Arms Development has made a name for themselves with their BAD-ASS (Ambidextrous Safety Selector). They are second to none and I would not put anyone else's safety selector on any of my rifles. As you can see I picked up a set of their Enhanced Pin Sets (EPS) and these will be standard on all my future builds as well.

I had put the Iron Viper USAF Forward Assist on my list and had full intentions of buying one as the quality of the product is everything that is should be. I wanted the USAF FA to remind me of the first time I held this particular weapon platform. Luckily for me UWone77 read my list and donated the USAF FA he had on hand. Don't worry the Ti-Fang FA that came on the NTD upper was donated to another WEVO member for his AR-Pistol build.

Odin Works XMR makes an appearance as well and so far I am really liking how it feels and works.

Now I know a lot of reviews have been done on the CMC Trigger and a lot of "wow" has been written by a lot of people with more trigger time than I will ever have….but they are not kidding the hype is not hype it is real. This trigger is so smooth, short reset, no creep, minimal travel the more I think about it the more I drool. This trigger is the real deal.

Up front leading the charge and displaying the business end is the Rainier Arms RMC (Rainier Mini Comp). Short and sweet to keep the overall length of the weapon system down but still managing recoil and muzzle rise to keep me on target and tracking the course.

Daniel Defense fixed front sight for when the RDS dies mid shoot. The ghost ring of the RDS and this sight I should still be able to engage targets on a course effectively to finish the course.

Norah Arms hand stop to remind me where to put my hand. I like the design of the Norah hand stop and that is very minimal but very effective as a hand stop and barricade device.

Outside we have a Odin Works Kmod Forend 15.5" of long leggedness and underneath it I have the Odin Works Ultralite 16" Stainless Steel barrel.

Overall I am very happy with the build. Blowndeadline knocked the cerakote job out of the park. His work has turned my rifle into a lead slinging piece of art.
    I see this thing everyday as it's my phone's background lol. Said it already, but WOWZERS. The bdl job really took it to the next level, though the components are spot on aswell. How you liking the MFT stock Comp? Would you still have chose it if you could redo?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Greetings,

I keep my AR's KISS.

Voodoo Innovations, rifle length gas system, 18 inch pencil barrel (1/8 twist)
    Voodoo Innovations, full auto weight, carrier group & bolt
    Stock military trigger
    Aero, no forward assist A3 upper
    Bushmaster lower
    LWRC compact stock
    H-Buffer
    BCM Mod 5 charging handle
    Magpul pistol grip
    Standard A2 polymer handguards
    Colt A2 carry handle (not pictured/being chopped), and F-mark FSB
    Mosin-Nagant sling
    I use a Burris 2-7 scope with German #4 reticle sometimes
    I use Federal 55grn. 5.56x45 with this rifle exclusively

Rifle build was insipired by the Canadian C7A2, but I wanted it to be lighter

After reading up and speaking with some friends about the much more damaging wounds on casualties in Vietnam, as compared with the ice-pick wounds seen in the GWOT from heavier grain bullets out of shorter barrels with tighter twist rates. I wanted to go back to the 55grn. non-boat tail round. It required a longer barrel. Voodoo Innovations had what I thought was the best one available, so I built the rifle around the barrel to keep as close as possible to the data points (barrel longevity was also a consideration, and the CT Melonite Voodoo barrel has been said to be good to 20K rounds). I do wish the twist was looser, as taking advantage of tumble is critical to approximating the devastation of the Vietnam wound data, but I couldn't find a 1:12 at the time that I made my purchase. I find that the forward assist only makes a problem worse so I went with the non-forward assist upper to save a tiny bit of weight. The charging handle I chose because I clear jams with a piece of monster tape looped around the charging handle and the other side around my boot, then jerk upwards. The stock I chose because it had a better cheek-weld than the standard stock. I'm not a good enough shot to take advantage of a free-float so I figured why waste the money. So long as I'm in an 8 inch circle at 300 I'm happy. I've shot a lot of breaks and flash suppressors and I personally think the birdcage is the best I've had, and it's cheap. This rifle is mostly for pleasure shooting out to 300 meters. I zero at 100.

West Coast Armory pinned the CT Melonite Barrel and assembled the upper. They did a great job.

I named it "The Lizard" after the Saigon Kick song. The Vietnam Delta's were the originals and still the best IMO. Shout out to the Rhodesian SAS.
    Last edited by eveningbells; 19 August 2015 at 20:53.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Updated scope. Nothing special but greater power than the Bushnell 1-4x I had.
    Vortex 3-9x40, It'll be painted after sighting in and making sure I have it right where I want it. Getting closer to a medium range AR. Would still like to pick up a Rainier or Ballistic Advantage or similar lightweight 18" at some point.
    Someday I may upgrade the optic. We'll see.

Flash hider on the way too is why you see no muzzle device. Was messing around with some things.

Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

I've wanted an SR-15 since the E3 IWS came out. My rifle is a general purpose rifle. It's my HD rifle, my ranch rifle, my predator and pig hunting rifle, and my two gun rifle. I chose KAC first and foremost they build what is indisputably the most modern, well engineered, reliable and durable AR-15 in existence. They're also a local Florida company for me and offer special first responder pricing which I took advantage of, pushing the price of the rifle down into the price range of a DD or BCM. I'm also a big believer in buy once cry once. I'd rather have a few nice things than a bunch of mediocre at best garbage.

I opted for the 16 inch barrel as I think it's s good compromise between ballistics and length. I like that it will launch 55gr GMX at 3,000 + FPS. Down the road I do plan for get the CQB upper but in all honesty, I feel like a 16in barrel is pretty hard to beat for a general purpose rifle.

I decided to keep the QDC FH as I'm going to be purchasing a QDC suppressor. Having used brakes in the past, I like them and the recoil reduction they offered but don't really feel the benefits out weight the negatives, especially when you consider the rifle comes with s perfectly functioning flash hider. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Aimpoint T2. It's a T2.. For killing shit quickly inside 100 yards it's absolutely impossible to beat a red dot, and with retarded levels of durability and battery life, it's impossible to beat a an Aimpoint Model T. Down the road when I get the CQB upper I'll put the T2 on the CQB and the 16in upper will be getting a Short Dot.

KAC mount. I needed a good mount to hold my Aimpoint. The KAC mount is s good mount. It securely holds my optic and is easy to remove if need be. I prefer a lower 1/3 co-witness for most AR rifles unless consistently shooting from the prone position.

Surefire X-300. You can't see the light in the picture because it's on the left side of the rifle. Jesus spent less time on me and i came out with a rather severe birth defect, I'm left handed. I've had this light for years and I like being able to switch it from my rifle to my G19. It's not the brightest Surefire 8 trillion lumen contraption but it's pretty damn bright and let's me see stuff, so I haven't really found a compelling reason to ditch it yet.

All I've done is slap a light and an optic on this rifle as the rest of it is exactly as a fighting rifle should be. From what I can see, KAC hit s home run with the MOD 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice SR15. Sounds like a solid shooter. Not a big fan of their keymod handguards, but I do need to get a Mod 1 or Mod 1 upper in my life.

Is that a factory QD end plate?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Nice SR15. Sounds like a solid shooter. Not a big fan of their keymod handguards, but I do need to get a Mod 1 or Mod 1 upper in my life.

Is that a factory QD end plate?
    Out of curiosity, what don't you like about their keymod? Factory end plate. One of the things I found very appealing about the SR-15 was that I wouldn't need to change anything other than the A2 grip, and I even gave that a try first but it really was awful, especially coming from a MOE on my other rifle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Goodtimes View Post
    Out of curiosity, what don't you like about their keymod? Factory end plate. One of the things I found very appealing about the SR-15 was that I wouldn't need to change anything other than the A2 grip, and I even gave that a try first but it really was awful, especially coming from a MOE on my other rifle.

I should have clarified, not a fan of keymods in general. I think MLOK is superior. May pick up a KAC MLOK upper at some point, or just stick to the Mod 1's.

I have 2 Legacy carbines, probably one of my favorites to shoot. I think it's interesting they used to integrate the QD into the lower receiver, but no longer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I should have clarified, not a fan of keymods in general. I think MLOK is superior.