Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good, and I appreciate the parts listing, but what you decide to go with those components?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The lower was free, thus motivating me to build a new carbine.

I chose the 16" M4 upper because I had given thought to adding the midlength URX II rail system and it wouldn't have worked on my BCM 16" midlength upper. I was originally going to go with a 14.5" M4 upper but the thought of having a fixed muzzle attachment meant my options were limited with rails and cleaning the crown from carbon build up was going to be impossible.

The Moe forearm was chosen for something that was modular enough to add rail accessories but without breaking the bank and getting a rail out of the box. This way, I could get an optic and take classes and go to the shooting club that's local here.

The KAC sight was chosen because it allowed me to zero like a carry handle yet have it fold out of the way.

I have a BCM mod4 charging handle on my midlength build, and it pinched sometimes so I gave the gas buster a try.

My other AR has the Magpul ASAP and a MS2 sling, from the classes that I have previously taken, it is mostly taught with 2 point sling manipulations. The VCAS felt more comfortable since it is a little bit wider than the MS2.

I do have a Magpul AFG, but coupled with the MOE it didn't feel as comfortable as it does on a normal swaure rail system, so I put on the Tango Down I had laying around for a thumb break hold.

I have an LMT sopmod stock, but the cheek weld was a bit much so I went with the CTR stock. I like it a lot, and it offers a QD hole for a sling as well although even with the friction lock, it isn't as solidly locked as my Sopmod is.

The magpul BAD lever is on there because it does what it is advertised to do. Makes manipulation of the weapon faster and easier. It also allows me to lock the bolt to the rear easily on support side too.

The MOE pistol grip is there because I normally use a MIAD with the medium contoured rear and the A1 front straps, so why pay extra I figured.

As for the optics, I like the Eotech's because they come with a 1MOA dot by default. While battery life isn't as great as an Aimpoint, the eotech still allows me to use AA batteries, which are always readily available anywhere. The 555/A.65-1 is the model I am most looking at since it has AA batteries, and the ARMS quick throw levers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    White Oak upper

ADCO Custom Cruiser barrel - wanted a medium dissy mid length, ADCO delivered

Bravo Company BCG - got this based on their reputation for quality

Troy MRF-R - lightweight, easy to install, and I got it $150 used :)

Magpul MOE stock - upgrade from the standard M4 stock, same price

Primary Arms 4x illuminated scope - good lower cost scope for training/civilian use

Boonie Packer 2pt quick adjust sling - low cost, high quality with good features

AAC Blackout FH - reviews said the Blackout was one of the best out there. I got the suppressor mount style used for $50 :)

DD Rear sight (on bottom of rail) - I like my rear sight like I like my women; simple, lean, beautiful.

Stark Equipment SE-1 pistol grip - My perfect grip. Low angle, fills the upper part of the hand, great trigger finger placement.

Spike's Tactical ST-T2 buffer - lowers felt recoil for around the same price as inferior buffers. Think of the difference between throwing a baseball at the ground and throwing a hackey sack at the ground. This buffer is the hackey sack when it comes to felt recoil.

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe White Lightning - just to make you drool..... this is making me think of something... anyone make white AR furniture?

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is my first semiauto rifle that has not been Uncle Sam provided. The thought behind this build was to have a no expense spared tank of a gun that will be used for HD and a class here and there.

Build Sheet:
    Lower: Tactical Innovation T15 forged lower (in retrospect I would have rather went with a DD lower for a better magwell, but live and learn.)
    Upper: VOLTR MUR (great upper, cant say that it is functionaly any different than a forged upper but it sure do look purty
    LPK: Adco (went in easy)
    Trigger: Gissele SSA (This is my first AR 15 but I have ran many of them when I was in the military and I can without a doubt say that this thing is the cat's ass. smooth, crisp and robust enough to last.)
    KNS GenII ModII Pins: I will probably get rid of these and put in the pins that came with the Gissele. I just dont see the need for them now that I have them)
    BCG: BCM auto Ionbonded (finish is well done)
    Barrel: BCM BFH 11.5" (More accurate that I am)
    Gas Block: VLTOR Low Profile (Had some trouble getting the gas tube roll pin in but no biggie)
    FF Rail: Viking Tactics VTAC Extreme Rail. (I centered my build around this rail and it is even better than I could have imagined. Light / strong / easy to remove and install. I was worried about heat transfer but after three mag dumps in a row I could still hold it with a bare hand.)
    Muzzle Brake: KAC Triple Tap (Follow up shots are really quick. Is it worth the price of addmission? I will have to wait and see after I try out the PWS part on my other build.)
    Optic: Aimpoint T-1 (Awesomeness)
    Optic Mount: Daniel Defense (Light and super stable)
    BIUS: Daniel Defense Fixed sights (I dont want to have to jack with deyploying folded sights shoule the T-1 go down)
    Light mount: Gearsector offset mount (fit and finish is great and it snugs up nice and tight)
    Light: Elzetta zfl-m60 (This light is crazy bright and has a high and low setting. I wont list all the specs here but I would highly suggest doing a google search on this thing. I know that Stick has done a write up on this and I plan to as well when I get a chance to run it hard)
    Charging Handle: BCM Gunfighter Medium Latch (Built like a tank)
    Buffer and Spring: H buffer and regular spring from BCM
    Magpul Goodness: AFG (stippled by me), CTR, MIAD, ASAP and MS2

Pics

-TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    POF Gen I Lower Receiver-Wanted a lower that was billet with a flared magwell
    Magpul MOE Trigger Guard-Needed a lower trigger guard than the regular since this lower was not a Gen II or III and it was the obvious chocie for a great price.
    Magpul MIAD-I love the MIAD grip in my opinion it is the best grip out there and I am all about be able to cater things to my needs and the MIAD does just that.
    Magpul PMAG w/Ranger Plates-I don't feel these need any explanation they're the best mags out there for any AR15 and all other compatible weapons.
    Magpul ACS Mil-Spec-It felt like a good choice for the 16" barrel.
    Magpul BAD Lever-It's nice be able to manipulate the bolt with your trigger finger.
    Magpul ASAP Plate-Best option for the MS2 Sling
    Magpul Ladder Covers-Like the low profile of these rail covers.
    Magpul MBUS GEN I-They were inexpensive and I'm a big Magpul fan so there was really no question.
    Magpul RVG-Like the short and stubby foregrips I use them more like a handstop anyway, and it's low cost compared to a Tango Down or some of the other grips out there.
    Vltor BCMGUNFIGHTER Charging Handle Mod3-I like the solid wall for the latch to hit.
    Aimpoint Comp ML2-Really like the Comp Series from Aimpoint and I wanted something different than a Eotech.
    DPMS Lower Parts Kit-Just wanted a basic kit to build off of, and was trying to keep this build under $800
    H Buffer W/Carbine Spring
    DPMS AP416 Upper W/4140 Chrome-Moly Steel AP4 Contour Phospated Barrel
    Daniel Defense Lite Rail 9.0

I plan to add a A.R.M.S. Inc. #22M68 w/Cantilever Extension, and a PWS FSC556.

Last edited by Tactical Ninja; 16 January 2011 at 09:16.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cerakoted LMT Upper and lower. Previously 5.56 1.7 16"

7.62x39 ER Shaw barrel heavy profile
    M1S bolt and enhanced firing pin
    vortex strikefire red/green dot
    wolff extra power hammer spring
    troy mrf-r 12" rail
    YHM oversize takedown pins
    ambi safety, sling/eggplate
    kns gen2mod1 pins

"Ever notice the sound of a gun being charged is the universal language of dominance?"

Why I own a Grendel: "You don't shoot 6.5 bullets. You toss them in the air, they go downrange on their own."

There are no such things as problems. There are only opportunities for solutions. And I've arrived at a solution for you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Started out life as an Olympic Arms CAR-15 that was purchased during the ban for way too much money... During it's first rebuilt I had a RRA HBAR upper but it was too heavy so it was sold to fund the current config;

Olympic Arms SGW stopsign lower sent back and remanufactured with same serial #
    Bravo Co 14.5" Upper with pinned A2X for 16.1", chrome lined 1:7 twist
    Bravo Co BCG
    DD Omega 7 rail system (odd shaped for some accessories)
    Bravo Co mil spec buffer tube assy (H)
    Magpul MOE grip/stock/trigger guard and AFG
    Magpul rail covers
    Troy BUIS (BCM)
    Aimpoint M3 (4moa) in Larue mount
    Gear Sector "E" series light mount
    Gear Sector front sling mount
    Noveske QD end plate
    RRA 2 stage trigger
    Viking Tactics VTAC sling (not so sure on the current setup, thus the ends are all too long...)
    Viking Tactics Surefire "Scout" type light... Excellent value, could barely get the head for the price of the complete light. Quite a cost savings next to a complete Surefire Scout light

Downloads
    Uploads
    as a short update; I shaved my FSB inorder to fit a 12 inch rail system onto my rifle; here's the result:

Downloads
    Uploads
    My all around M4gery...

The purpose of this build is for all around use, a kind of one size fits all solution...

Flat top upper for flexibility in sighting options.

Bushmaster 14.5" 1/7 M4 govt profile barrel. I do prefer BCM or Daniel Defense or Colt but the Bushie was the only thing available during that time. I like the govt profile for the weight, 1/7 twist for ammo flexibility (50-77grains) and the A2 birdcage hider is good enough for me.

Young Mfg. NM bcg. It was the only thing available at the time, a very fine piece of BCG, nicely finished and the chrome plating makes cleaning easier. It is half an ounce heavier than the std bcg and have increased bearing surface areas for stability. Works great with the H buffer and std rate carbine spring. Plus Travis Haley is running one so I think it is good to go.

DD Omega 7" rails, it's free float and installation is a breeze. After a year of playing with this setup, it seems that the rail is too short...

Magpul XTM rail panels, hey they are cheap compared to others, and a ladder type cover for the top rail just looks right.

Aimpoint ML3 in Larue mount, I like the simplicity and durability of the combo. The 2 MOA dot is good enough for general use in 100-200 meter ranges, and the battery lasts a long long long time. I like the LT-150 mount, it is rock solid, returns to zero reliably and looks good.

Poboy Hensholdt magnifier in Larue mount, hey I'm cheap, its the only magnifier I can afford, makes small targets a little bit clearer(2.5x magnification) and the flip mount is fast and solid.

Troy flip sights for backup, I like the same plane feature, its low profile and have an outstanding reputation.

PRI military latch on std ch makes manipulation of the charging handle easier for me.

Vltor Clubfoot modtsock kit. I like the cheekweld and I can store my cigs in the watertight compartments, the mil-spec 5 position receiver extension (bufer tube) is nicely done with numbers on top for easy referencing.

MIAD grip. Like the angle and feel, plus it comes with the enhanced trigger guard. You can also store stuff in it and no more abraded second finger. :)

Tango Down stubby VFG, like the feel of this the best and it can store a small bottle of lube for emergencies.

Elisco Lower receiver with Colt fcg from previous M16A2 build.

Blue force gear VCAS sling with QD mounts, versatile all purpose sling.

The M10 bayonet is well, just in case I run out of bullets. :)

And did I say I have a green mind, painted it with OD Alumahyde.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stickman,

hope this reply is getting to you ...

I built (put together) a AR 15 built upon the Seekings receiver. However, after installing a RR lower pats kit I have a problem. Can't get the safety to "click" it wantss to drag no matter what changes..pins, springs, oil..since you have built the AR from the Seekings lower any tips on fixing..many thanks,

Gary P
    Last edited by OldDominion; 18 April 2010 at 14:58.
    Lock&Load

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by OldDominion View Post
    Stickman,

hope this reply is getting to you ...

I built (put together) a AR 15 built upon the Seekings receiver. However, after installing a RR lower pats kit I have a problem. Can't get the safety to "click" it wantss to drag no matter what changes..pins, springs, oil..since you have built the AR from the Seekings lower any tips on fixing..many thanks,

Gary P

This thread is for listing build components, and why people selected them. If you make a post regarding build problems in the AR15 section we will be more than happy to help you out. I don't want to get this thread sidetracked as I think its one of the more helpful threads out there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoSqeeze View Post
    This is my first semiauto rifle that has not been Uncle Sam provided. The thought behind this build was to have a no expense spared tank of a gun that will be used for HD and a class here and there.

Build Sheet:
    Lower: Tactical Innovation T15 forged lower (in retrospect I would have rather went with a DD lower for a better magwell, but live and learn.)
    Upper: VOLTR MUR (great upper, cant say that it is functionaly any different than a forged upper but it sure do look purty
    LPK: Adco (went in easy)
    Trigger: Gissele SSA (This is my first AR 15 but I have ran many of them when I was in the military and I can without a doubt say that this thing is the cat's ass. smooth, crisp and robust enough to last.)
    KNS GenII ModII Pins: I will probably get rid of these and put in the pins that came with the Gissele. I just dont see the need for them now that I have them)
    BCG: BCM auto Ionbonded (finish is well done)
    Barrel: BCM BFH 11.5" (More accurate that I am)
    Gas Block: VLTOR Low Profile (Had some trouble getting the gas tube roll pin in but no biggie)
    FF Rail: Viking Tactics VTAC Extreme Rail. (I centered my build around this rail and it is even better than I could have imagined. Light / strong / easy to remove and install. I was worried about heat transfer but after three mag dumps in a row I could still hold it with a bare hand.)
    Muzzle Brake: KAC Triple Tap (Follow up shots are really quick. Is it worth the price of addmission? I will have to wait and see after I try out the PWS part on my other build.)
    Optic: Aimpoint T-1 (Awesomeness)
    Optic Mount: Daniel Defense (Light and super stable)
    BIUS: Daniel Defense Fixed sights (I dont want to have to jack with deyploying folded sights shoule the T-1 go down)
    Light mount: Gearsector offset mount (fit and finish is great and it snugs up nice and tight)
    Light: Elzetta zfl-m60 (This light is crazy bright and has a high and low setting. I wont list all the specs here but I would highly suggest doing a google search on this thing. I know that Stick has done a write up on this and I plan to as well when I get a chance to run it hard)
    Charging Handle: BCM Gunfighter Medium Latch (Built like a tank)
    Buffer and Spring: H buffer and regular spring from BCM
    Magpul Goodness: AFG (stippled by me), CTR, MIAD, ASAP and MS2

-TS
    How are you activating the light with it mounted on the right with no pressure switch? Are you using the super-awesome-thumb-over-the-top-magpul-costa-AFG grip, your support index finger, or something else?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    How are you activating the light with it mounted on the right with no pressure switch? Are you using the super-awesome-thumb-over-the-top-magpul-costa-AFG grip, your support index finger, or something else?
    I'm using the S.A.T.O.T.T.M.C.AFG grip at the moment until I change over to the scout light with pressure switch or Elzetta finaly releases their pressure switch.

-TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some latest additions to my carbine.

Swapped out a C7 upper receiver for a flat-top upper receiver, and added:

- Aimpoint ML2 in ADM Mount
    - KAC RAS
    - Magpul MBUS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Omg, nice variety of gear you have there.